It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did we have a pre-premortal existence?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm 
God

madeleine wrote:
I'll stop messing with you. :biggrin:

The wine in the cup is changed to blood, but still looks, tastes and smells like wine. It is a matter of faith.
Oh, I know. I've attended several masses. Really like them especially on Christmas and Easter - big Cathedral, lots of music and kneeling, and wine and cookies after. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:15 pm 
God

Tobin wrote:
madeleine wrote:
I'll stop messing with you. :biggrin:

The wine in the cup is changed to blood, but still looks, tastes and smells like wine. It is a matter of faith.
Oh, I know. I've attended several masses. Really like them especially on Christmas and Easter - big Cathedral, lots of music and kneeling, and wine and cookies after. What's not to like?

So you're a C&E Catholic. :evil:

Some parishes have more music than others, but we're all doing the "Catholic calisthenics".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 pm 
God

One problem with the Catholic church is that they don't know the difference between a literal and a figurative statement, which led to their ridiculous man made conclusion that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit were all of the "same substance"! They forgot to read the part where Christ stated that he would pray for His apostles that they all may be one, just as He and His father were one, so according to Catholic thinking, that should be fifteen in one! The same problem happened again when they started thinking (and that is always a problem for them!) about the sacrament! Apparently, Christ must have been tremendously huge and must have had a lot of blood to last all of these years!!

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine....."

Thank heaven for the "restitution of all things"!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:18 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
One problem with the Catholic church is that they don't know the difference between a literal and a figurative statement, which led to their ridiculous man made conclusion that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit were all of the "same substance"! They forgot to read the part where Christ stated that he would pray for His apostles that they all may be one, just as He and His father were one, so according to Catholic thinking, that should be fifteen in one! The same problem happened again when they started thinking (and that is always a problem for them!) about the sacrament! Apparently, Christ must have been tremendously huge and must have had a lot of blood to last all of these years!!

No, the 15 apostles would be one in the CHURCH. God the Father, Christ, and Holy Spirit are three separate beings but one in the Godhead. Another way to say it is that GOD is made up of three united persons in one essence called GOD. An egg has a shell, the white, and a yoke. Together they are "egg" and separately they are "egg."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:

gdemetz, that's a rather random mishmash of subjects you have going there. Briefly, since we've strayed wayyyy of topic.

- Catholic teaching distinguishes, quite clearly, the difference between Creator and created. We are made one with God, in and through Jesus Christ, but we do not become God.

- Regarding the Sacrifice at Mass, it is a re-presentation, meaning, the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ happened once, and is made Present. Which gets into the understanding of God as omnipresent, and also as the Creator of ALL things, including time. There are many good Catholic resources on this belief online, easily found.

- Jesus Christ is the restitution of all things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 pm 
God

I know the Catholic teaching, but it is absolutely wrong! "Ye are gods and all of you are the children of the Most High." Do you know anything that can not become like its progenitors?! "That by these ye might be partakers OF THE DIVINE NATURE." "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me on my throne just as I overcame and am sat down with my Father on His throne." It can't be written or explained much simpler than that! We all will become resurrected immortal beings, and can even have authority as a god! "It is my Father's good pleasure TO GIVE YOU THE KINGDOM!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
I know the Catholic teaching, but it is absolutely wrong! "Ye are gods and all of you are the children of the Most High." Do you know anything that can not become like its progenitors?! "That by these ye might be partakers OF THE DIVINE NATURE." "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me on my throne just as I overcame and am sat down with my Father on His throne." It can't be written or explained much simpler than that! We all will become resurrected immortal beings, and can even have authority as a god! "It is my Father's good pleasure TO GIVE YOU THE KINGDOM!!!!!!!

So, if the rest of Christianity is completely wrong about the pre mortal and post mortal kingdoms, how come the Mormon Church claims to be Christian?

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm 
God

That's right Drifting. That's why there was a necessity for a restoration of all things. Also, check out the articles of Faith about your Christianity question.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm 
God

gdemetz wrote:
That's right Drifting. That's why there was a necessity for a restoration of all things. Also, check out the articles of Faith about your Christianity question.

But the beliefs of Christianity are completely different to the beliefs of Mormonism. For instance, Catholics do not believe they will get their own planet to rule over with multiple wives. Nor do they believe you need to learn secret handshakes and code names to get back to heaven. Nor do they believe in baptism on behalf of dead people who have given no indication that they wanted to be baptised. Nor do they believe that the America's was populated by a small band of Hebrews who sailed over from Jerusalem. Nor do they believe that God lives on Kolob. Nor do they believe that black people couldn't have the Priesthood before 1978. Nor do they believe that polygamy is a God given doctrine.

So I guess what you are saying is that Christianity isn't Christian but Mormonism is.

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm 
God

Yea, now you are starting to get it! Hello! That is why there was a need for 'the restitution of all things"!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 am 
Elder

gdemetz wrote:
Yea, now you are starting to get it! Hello! That is why there was a need for 'the restitution of all things"!!!

And they claim Mormonism doesn't brainwash you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 am 
God

Samantabhadra wrote:
And they claim Mormonism doesn't brainwash you.
Hey, at least his mind is clean. Well, he seems to insult a lot of people so maybe they missed a spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 am 
God

Actually, I am a convert to the church because I realized that the other churches were teaching such stupid non Biblical teachings!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
Actually, I am a convert to the church because I realized that the other churches were teaching such stupid non Biblical teachings!
Everyone is a convert to the Church. You either have a personal witness of Jesus Christ or you don't. Those that don't end up as ex-mormons like Themis or worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:14 am 
God

Yea, that's true. What a scary thought!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:
Yea, that's true. What a scary thought!
It isn't pleasant. I feel sorry for him. I was like he was for many years. I was an ex-mormon and an atheist until I received that witness. It's too bad, but I hope one day that he'll have that witness, humble himself and come back to God.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 am 
God

Me too! I will pray for them tonight, and I hope God will hear my prayer despite my bitchiness! LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 am 
God

gdemetz wrote:

Of course I don't agree with you. You aren't a punky little god in the making and whoever has told you so, has fed you a lie. But it isn't a new lie, it is the oldest lie written (see Genesis).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 am 
God

Drifting wrote:
So I guess what you are saying is that Christianity isn't Christian but Mormonism is.

And here I get a peek into how pissed the Jews must have been for those upstart Christians to start saying they were the real Jews. :lol:

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 am 
God

consiglieri wrote:
Drifting wrote:

And here I get a peek into how pissed the Jews must have been for those upstart Christians to start saying they were the real Jews. :lol:

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

That must make Joseph Smith the savior of Christianity?

lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:50 am 
God

madeleine wrote:
consiglieri wrote:

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

That must make Joseph Smith the savior of Christianity?

lol.

Well, until the aliens come take over the Earth. Then expect 2000 new commandments. You'll miss Mormonism then. Mark my words.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next