It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Our beloved nevermos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 am 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
why me has always been a great barometer for kindness, fairness, and wisdom for me, so long as I remember which side of the meter he resides on. It's really not that difficult to do.

I included Why Me because even though I very much dislike much of what comes off his fingertips, he still provides us the balance from an outsider's perspective.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 am 
God

Chap wrote:
Why do I find Mormonism interesting? Well, I think it is a wonderful example of how it is no fatal disadvantage to a religious movement if its basic fact-claims are so implausible that any impartial and uncommitted outsider would dismiss them as at best the product of self-deception, or at worst the result of simple fraud, and if its doctrinal claims are deeply incoherent. So long as people learn the religion when they are kids, they will not see the problems unless someone forces them on their attention - and then they may well refuse to see them.

This is a great point, Chap, and it's one of the reasons I find Mormonism interesting, as well. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am 
God

Hey Zeeeezer! :smile:

zeezrom wrote:
What would this place be without them?

Sucky.

Please excuse any unintended misrepresentations in the following words.

People like Stak help us remember that just because we aren't sure about God, it isn't proof of nonexistence. Quas has grounded this place with practical humor. Ceeboo is missed, the dear chap. JG is gone: what a damn loss- it sucks she is gone. Bond helps our political debates. Even why me has added a perspective that only a nevermo can provide. Cafe and Madeleine are calming and peaceful. MCB is the freshest long timer around. Uncle Dale is my hero and I will never be able to shake him off that pedestal. Chris - your contributions are huge - I think even the mopologists realize that.

I sort of hate these posts because I forget to mention people. Please know you are all appreciated. You bring multiple dimensions to a limited space. Thank you.

I'll add more when they come to mind. I'm in sort of a hurry. I'm like that rabbit with the watch.

Thanks for the kind words, Zee, about us nevermo's. I am humbled to be included on the list of nevermo contributors being discussed on this thread. :smile:

To return a few warm words to you and the MDB community, if I may.
To be a part of this community has been a very enjoyable, rewarding, educational, and largely a most interesting experience.

Above all else (No matter what any of us used to believe, happen to believe now, or might believe in the future), I offer my thanks and appreciation to many here.... who have shared their time, perspectives, personal journey's, opinions, banter, and thoughts with and for me. :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am 
God

Thanks for the complement. :-)

I'm glad to be a nevermo, even if I was BIC. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:
Ms. Jack, Ceeboo, and Chris Smith have all had positive things to say about the LDS Church. They also "call things as they see them" as far as the negative impressions of the Church that they have. However, they are very even-handed. I would not classify any of these folks as anti-Mormon.

Now liz, lets be honest here. The majority of posts on this board are negative or critical, especially from the nevermos and exmos. It comes with the turf. The catholic group, except ceeboo is definitely antimormon. And on catholic answers forum, a couple of them let their true feelings known.

Positives come seldom here.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:38 pm 
God

Chap wrote:

Why do I find Mormonism interesting? Well, I think it is a wonderful example of how it is no fatal disadvantage to a religious movement if its basic fact-claims are so implausible that any impartial and uncommitted outsider would dismiss them as at best the product of self-deception, or at worst the result of simple fraud, and if its doctrinal claims are deeply incoherent. So long as people learn the religion when they are kids, they will not see the problems unless someone forces them on their attention - and then they may well refuse to see them.

Is this a positive? :lol: My case in point for liz.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 pm 
God

Thanks Chap. Very interesting!

I'm also happy to see the Hungarian teaser.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:29 pm 
God

Hey Ceeboo! I hope all is well with you.

Cheers,

Zee

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:46 am 
God

Quote:
Now liz, lets be honest here. The majority of posts on this board are negative or critical, especially from the nevermos and exmos. It comes with the turf. The catholic group, except ceeboo is definitely antimormon. And on catholic answers forum, a couple of them let their true feelings known.

Positives come seldom here.

Of course not, and you very well know why ... they are all jealous but have too much pride to admit they are wrong and join the church. :wink:

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. Frater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am 
θεά

zeezrom wrote:
So MsJack, how about that priesthood thread you started? Did I miss it?

The one on the problems with apologetics for not giving women the priesthood? I haven't worked on it in a long time, and not sure when I may return to it. I'm working on getting my thesis proposal turned in this month and (finally) graduating this year.

CaliforniaKid wrote:
Jack: You're one of my favorite posters. Sharp as a tack and deep as the sea.

Thanks, Chris. Coming from you, that is a real compliment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm 
Bell Ringer

zeezrom wrote:

Sucky.

People like Stak help us remember that just because we aren't sure about God, it isn't proof of nonexistence. Quas has grounded this place with practical humor. Ceeboo is missed, the dear chap. JG is gone: what a damn loss- it sucks she is gone. Bond helps our political debates. Even why me has added a perspective that only a nevermo can provide. Cafe and Madeleine are calming and peaceful. MCB is the freshest long timer around. Uncle Dale is my hero and I will never be able to shake him off that pedestal. Chris - your contributions are huge - I think even the mopologists realize that.

I sort of hate these posts because I forget to mention people. Please know you are all appreciated. You bring multiple dimensions to a limited space. Thank you.

I'll add more when they come to mind. I'm in sort of a hurry. I'm like that rabbit with the watch.

Thanks, Z! Very nice to be mentioned. I think I feel like some nevermos in that our contributions to this board are only secondary. Though I've tried, I don't think I can really understand the feelings of those who were true believers and then made the brave move to a different understanding of the world. You and they have my true admiration.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm 
Bell Ringer

zeezrom wrote:

Sucky.

Thanks, Z! Very nice to be mentioned. I think I feel like some nevermos in that our contributions to this board are only secondary. Though I've tried, I don't think I can really understand the feelings of those who were true believers and then made the brave move to a different understanding of the world. You and they have my true admiration.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:48 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
I think I feel like some nevermos in that our contributions to this board are only secondary.

On the contrary, Quasi.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm 
Bell Ringer

Morley wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
I think I feel like some nevermos in that our contributions to this board are only secondary.

On the contrary, Quasi.

Thanks Morely! There are many threads here that I don't really feel qualified to participate in. I haven't had those experiences (kinda glad I haven't). It is still fun to comment on the others, but the most valuable conversations take place between the TBM's and the apostates. I love to read them, but I usually don't participate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 pm 
tired, less active investigator

zeezrom wrote:
I'm also happy to see the Hungarian teaser.

:evil: This site is teaching me the heights (and abysses) of the English language.

teaser:

- :redface: a bitch that says she do and don't
- - " that bitch left me with this hard-on"

- :redface: a real bitch that leads you on for hours/days/weeks, finally leaving you with nothing but blue balls.
- - Wow, that's a lot of sperm, you really liked that teaser bitch, didn't you, Fluffy? Yeah, you did..yeah. Good doggie.
- - Yo, last night I took her to Taco Bell, bought her 3 enchiladas, and she still won't f*****g put out. What a teaser bitch!

Then I should continue the search for
- hard-on : Image

- blue balls : Image

:smile: I like You, Zeez... Image (watch this...)