It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Telestial Comments from Antley: Book of Mormon and Racism
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:11 am 
God

MsJack wrote:
When religious freedom becomes excessively harmful to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbwmINpGJA

She tacitly supports this.

- VRDRC

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself.

Post subject: Re: Antley: Book of Mormon and Racism
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 am 
θεά

Doctor ILikeToCallWomen'PissFlaps'And (Moderator Note) Edited due to IRL reference wrote:

No, I don't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
MsJack wrote:
When religious freedom becomes excessively harmful to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbwmINpGJA

She tacitly supports this.

- VRDRC

What?! What does this comment even mean, Cam?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am 
God

Morley wrote:
What?! What does this comment even mean, Cam?

Here you go for your resident Christian fanatic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38V8jnN1Kpw

-VRDRC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:27 am 
God

Hateful bigot who denigrates Mormons at every opportunity while being married to a Mormon wrote:
No, I don't.

Uh huh. Raise those hands, and praise god...

- VRDRC

Post subject: Re: Telestial Comments from Antley: Book of Mormon and Racis
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 pm 
(Moderator Note) I split this thread because the blatant personal attacks were flying, and massively derailed the thread. Cam, it started with you, so I will caution you to please think about how things can escalate when you pop off a link like the one you listed. Ms. Jack, please do not make any reference to the incident I edited out of your description. It refers to an incident in Cam's real life, and per board rules, should not be discussed in the open forum. I warned Yahoo Bot of the same thing. Any further reference to this topic on the open forum will result in a brief suspension. Please PM me if you have questions or concerns regarding this ruling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm 
θεά

CamNC4Me wrote:
Hateful bigot who denigrates Mormons at every opportunity while being married to a Mormon

CFR some of my "hatred" and "bigotry" against Mormonism, Cam. Should be easy if I do it "at every opportunity," and now you have a wide-open new thread to do it in.

We both know I can source what I said about you.

I've spoken out against evangelical attempts to use the government to regulate and discourage homosexuality here and here, including what happened in Uganda.

liz3564 wrote:
(Moderator Note) [SNIP] Ms. Jack, please do not make any reference to the incident I edited out of your description. It refers to an incident in Cam's real life, and per board rules, should not be discussed in the open forum. I warned Yahoo Bot of the same thing. Any further reference to this topic on the open forum will result in a brief suspension. Please PM me if you have questions or concerns regarding this ruling.

I accept your ruling and will do my best not to mention events from Doctor CallsWomenPissFlaps' real life. I should have known better given your prior moderator actions on the matter and I apologize for needlessly making your day more difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 pm 
Ms. Jack wrote:
I accept your ruling and will do my best not to mention events from Doctor CallsWomenPissFlaps' real life. I should have known better given your prior moderator actions on the matter and I apologize for needlessly making your day more difficult.

Not a problem. I appreciate your cooperation. I am just trying to be fair. Yikes! No FAIR pun intended! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:54 pm 
God

Editing comments because I was an ass.

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm 
θεά

CamNC4Me wrote:
she's bitter and hateful toward her husband

I'd say this is low, but by your standards, it really isn't.

CamNC4Me wrote:
She also has used the term "asshole" which, if everyone has a brain, is where s*** comes out of an anus. Kinda gross, woman.

Um . . .

Okay . . .

BTW, just noticed this:

antishock8 aka CamNC4Me wrote:
What is it with Mormonism? It produces FAT, MISERABLE, assholes... And we're supposed to think it's great?

f*** that.

Seriously.

f*** that.

You sure you're ready to tackle others for hatred of Mormonism?

MsJack wrote:
CFR some of my "hatred" and "bigotry" against Mormonism, Cam. Should be easy if I do it "at every opportunity," and now you have a wide-open new thread to do it in.

Didn't think you'd be up for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:34 pm 
God

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:41 pm 
God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 pm 
Cam, have you actually read the Clobberblog link you referred to?

I didn't read anything in Ms. Jack's recent post that suggested a hatred toward the Mormon Church, or a need to bash it.

Although she has strongly disagreed with some of the LDS Church tenets, I have really never read a "bashing" tendency in any of her posts.

From the Clobberblog link you mentioned, this was actually the final paragraph in her article:

Ms. Jack wrote:
I would like to get back into dialogue and interfaith commentary. But I’m also not sure that I want to do that here. What I mean is, I’m not very satisfied with ClobberBlog anymore. Neither the title nor the catch-all format that I’ve often employed. The title was originally supposed to refer to my more curmudgeonly side, the fact that I wasn’t afraid to “clobber” someone who got in my face. But I’ve changed a lot in the 3.5 years since I began blogging here. That curmudgeonly side is still there, but it’s a smaller and smaller part of me as time marches on. I’d like to create an interfaith dialogue blog that’s friendlier and more professional.

(Bold emphasis mine) in lieu of her recent publication here, can't we give her the benefit of the doubt?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm 
God

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm 
θεά

CamNC4Me wrote:
And all you do day in and day out is bash Mormonism.

Again, could you cite some actual examples of my Mormon-bashing? A link to my entire blog is hardly compelling. If I do it as much as you claim that I do, this should be a very simple thing to do.

CamNC4Me wrote:
I don't know how he puts up with you.

I don't know how my husband puts up with me, either.

But it's really none of your business, nor do I see why it matters to you whether I love my husband or not. Are you the love police?

CamNC4Me wrote:
Let's talk about your faith for a while since you love bagging on your in-laws' faith so much?

You're welcome to start any topic that you like about my faith. I'll respond as my time and interest allows.

However, the last time I offered serious engagement on one of your attacks on my faith, you completely failed to offer any sort of a substantive response. You made it pretty clear that you were unable to think critically about the topic and engage it responsibly. So while there are plenty of people on this forum that I would gladly discuss my faith with, I can't say I consider you to be a worthy investment of my time.

CamNC4Me wrote:
[Comment deleted by original author deleted here by Dr. Shades]

If there's anything in this world that I'm certain of, it's that I don't need to defend my husband's virility from the likes of you. Your attacks on my family are ugly and misogynist and say a lot more about you than they do about me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:28 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Dr. Cam---

I'm a bit confused. What is the origin of your conflict with MsJack, exactly? I get that you are calling her out for what you feel is hypocrisy--i.e., her making criticisms of Mormonism at the same time that she's married to an LDS guy--but I'm sensing that there is more to this than that. After all, there are lots of people on the board who are straddling two worlds, as it were....

So am I missing something here?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm 
God

Dr. Scratch,

I'm not sure!

I actually really like her style.

I also suppose I can't comprehend how an Evangelist like Ms. Jack can reconcile her cognitive dissonance with her anti-Mormonism. It's bizarre. Let's not reserver our skepticism for Mopologists, Dr. Scratch!

- VRDRC

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm 
θεά

I'm just as baffled as you are, Doctor Scratch.

I'd posted here for several years without any serious conflicts with him, even had some friendly private messages with him in Christmas 2010. I've always been outspoken about my faith and about being married to a Mormon. None of that has changed since I started here.

He began aggressively targeting me in the second half of last year for no reason that I could see. Often his posts had nothing to do with the topic in question and were just blanket attacks on me merely for being evangelical. I tried to ignore his posts or have them sent to Telestial when they violated board rules, but he hasn't relented.

There are several other posters on this forum who attack Mormonism much more stridently than I do in spite of being married to TBM spouses, and yet they haven't drawn his ire. So I don't accept for a moment that my marriage has anything to do with why he began targeting me.

I just assumed that he's run out of TBM Mormons to pick on and decided to move on to evangelicals. But who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 pm 
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Dr. Scratch,

I'm not sure!

I actually really like her style.

I suppose what rubs me the wrong way is her religious hypocrisy a la The Tanners. I can't believe an Evangelist (or whatever she self-identifies as) is married to a Mormon, and she blogs on an anti-Mormon blog and posts on an "anti-Mormon" website (that allows free discussion ref Mormonism). If I were her husband I'd be pissed because she'd be essentially crapping all over my family's faith on a day-to-day basis.

I also suppose I can't comprehend how an Evangelist like Ms. Jack can reconcile her cognitive dissonance with her anti-Mormonism. It's bizarre. Let's not reserver our skepticism for Mopologists, Dr. Scratch!

- VRDRC

Often times, though, Cam, I have seen Ms. Jack defend the Mormon Church on MDB. Her main contention with Mormonism has been how the Church treats women, which is a concern of mine as well. Perhaps you could show me where you have read disrespect toward Mormonism in her posts? I honestly do not recall any of her posts doing this. I don't really see why her husband would object to her posting about her concerns about Mormonism, because she has always addressed those concerns in a respectful manner. Remember, Ms. Jack's husband went into the marriage with his eyes wide open as far as the differences in their faiths are concerned. It wasn't like he was taken by surprise by her being Evangelical. From what she has told us in her posts, she and her husband had many conversations about their differences in faith before they married. They agreed on compromises which they have continued to make. My understanding is that since the birth of their child, they have agreed to raise their daughter with exposure to both faiths. They alternate Sundays on which Church they attend.

I just don't read hypocrisy in Ms. Jack's situation. Frankly, I view her as one of the most open and genuine people I have met regarding her approach to religion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
God

Why is everyone defending Jack? Jack needs no defense at all. Cam needs to knock off his obsessive attacks on female posters.

End to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:
(Moderator Note) I split this thread because the blatant personal attacks were flying, and massively derailed the thread. Cam, it started with you, so I will caution you to please think about how things can escalate when you pop off a link like the one you listed. Ms. Jack, please do not make any reference to the incident I edited out of your description. It refers to an incident in Cam's real life, and per board rules, should not be discussed in the open forum. I warned Yahoo Bot of the same thing. Any further reference to this topic on the open forum will result in a brief suspension. Please PM me if you have questions or concerns regarding this ruling.

With all due respect, Liz, are you overlooking the fact that Cam's remarks about Jack's marriage and husband, are also references to *her* IRL?

It needs to stop.