It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 77  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sort of. You're right that Pahoran has never again been invited to write articles for the M.I.

And you know this -- how?

Doctor Scratch wrote:
In any case, I would think that the Vanguard would need to eliminate him if they hope to achieve all their goals.

Eliminate me, eh?

Hang on, I just have to answer the door...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
MsJack wrote:
[Also: I recommend that any readers unfamiliar with the term "circle jerk" consult the Urban Dictionary entry on the matter.]

Good idea.

Actually Will referred to a slightly different term: Urban Dictionary entry

Of course, the "Urban dictionary" actually changes from day to day. At the time Will first used that expression the first listed definition was:

Quote:
1. circlejerk

Sometimes used to describe an internet forum thread where forum members all give each other kudos (Or rep where a rep system is present) for some non-event that has occurred.

Group intellectual masturbation.


It's still there as the 5th definition.

Not very "refeened," I admit. About on a par with Beastie describing FARMS as "likely an incestuous community."

Regards.
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:15 am 
God

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Outside the thundering "herd of independent thinkers"
MsJack wrote:
There's also this gem from William, posted just 3 days before his recent four-month hiatus from MormonDiscussions.com (10/22/10):

William Schryver wrote:
A despicable lie.

edited by harmony. Blatant personal attack. You're an inch from being suspended.

What did harmony edit out of William's post? What could he have possibly said that was so offensive that it was instantly moderated here in the land of free speech for all?

William called her a "c***." Just in case anyone reading this lives a very sheltered life: "c***" is "an abusive term usually considered the most offensive word [in reference to women] and even more forceful than ____." I realize the original word is no longer preserved in William's post due to harmony's moderation, but there are several members of our community who remember this exchange and can vouch for this.

In other words, you are relying upon gossip.

Because, after all, the evidence has been conveniently expunged. And Will denies having used that term, which was not referred to by anyone who replied to Will before Harmony edited the post.

Someone -- it might have been Beastie -- smugly pointed out in this connection that people's memories aren't always reliable. But here we are relying upon nothing but people's memories.

Besides, the "C" word doesn't match the description of a personal attack. It's vulgar and insulting, certainly; but it doesn't rise to the level of anything as concrete as a personal attack.

Someone else said that if we have to choose between Will's and Harmony's recollections of the event, they'll accept Harmony's. As an expression of group loyalty, I can understand that.

But as far as Harmony's veracity is concerned:

A while ago, on one of my brief visits here, I saw a post in which Shades was rather sumptuously congratulating Harmony for what he delicately called "the WAZing ruse," which he imagined had "embarrassed" some "apologists" somewhere.

The "WAZing" incident was simply when Harmony/Serenity set up a sockpuppet with the screen name "WAZing," and used it as sockpuppet accounts are supposed to be used. IIRC, it took about four days for her to be spotted.

The next time I visited this forum, I noticed that Harmony was a moderator. Evidently her "successful" (for a few days) "ruse," i.e. deception, was what qualified her for that role.

She is also rather proud of the success by which she has deceived her Church leaders into giving her a Temple Recommend.

So does Harmony have credibility? I wouldn't believe her if she told me the sky was blue.

You can call that a "personal attack" if you like. But I'll take Will's word over hers.

On any day you care to name.

Regards,
Pahoran


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 504
Pahoran wrote:
MsJack wrote:
[Also: I recommend that any readers unfamiliar with the term "circle jerk" consult the Urban Dictionary entry on the matter.]

Good idea.

Actually Will referred to a slightly different term: Urban Dictionary entry

Of course, the "Urban dictionary" actually changes from day to day. At the time Will first used that expression the first listed definition was:

Quote:
1. circlejerk

Sometimes used to describe an internet forum thread where forum members all give each other kudos (Or rep where a rep system is present) for some non-event that has occurred.

Group intellectual masturbation.


It's still there as the 5th definition.

Not very "refeened," I admit. About on a par with Beastie describing FARMS as "likely an incestuous community."

Regards.
Pahoran

More beastie:

Quote:
If I wanted to use sexual terms "figuratively", I would talk about how the FARMs apologists like to give each other blow jobs in their self-congratulatory work.

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... 39#p168339


On the "C" word thing, Pahoran should read further into the thread where Rollo Tomasi, the one having the discussion with Will in the thread in question, explicitly denies that Will used the "C" word. Liz later confirms that the original post was not edited until 6:30pm that night, meaning that it would have been available for everyone to see from 9:00am - 6:30pm. Rollo quoted what Will said at about 11:00am and commented on it. He said he is certain Will did NOT use the "C" word.

Eric noted the fact that the "C" word would have been edited by board software anyway if Will had used it ("C***").

I think it's pretty obvious that harmony made the whole thing up just to spice up MsJack's attack piece.

_________________
... she said that she was ready to drive up to Salt Lake City and confront ... Church leaders ... while well armed. The idea was ... dropped ... [because] she didn't have a 12 gauge with her.
-DrW about his friends (Link)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:39 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND READ THIS.

I just had to report most of the last 5 pages of material for removal to other threads.

Which part of this:

Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.

Is so hard to understand?

If you are commenting in this thread, you are commenting on something that was discussed in my OP or something related to what was discussed in my OP, or you need to start your own thread.

Whether or not William Schryver made these bizarre "calling and election made sure claims" has nothing to do with this thread. It's not a topic I have commented on. Ever.

This "Christine Jonsen" business has even less to do with this thread.

Stop commenting on these topics here and make your own threads for them or wait for the moderators to move these posts into other threads and then comment on them there.

That is all.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:55 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Pahoran wrote:
In other words, you are relying upon gossip.

In other words, you are mischaracterizing eye witness testimony of an event as "gossip."

Kind of like your mischaracterization of this "well-written," "well-argued" thread which drew the thanks of someone close to the MI, as a "poison pen thread."

Pahoran wrote:
Someone -- it might have been Beastie -- smugly pointed out in this connection that people's memories aren't always reliable. But here we are relying upon nothing but people's memories.

Actually, that was me, although I recall nothing "smug" about my post. And I did it in defense of William Schryver since others were accusing him of lying about not having called harmony the c-word. I pointed out that he may believe he is telling the truth, that his memory may have involuntarily deleted the event by now, so automatically characterizing him as a "liar" because his memory disagrees with the memory of several eyewitnesses is unfair.

Pahoran wrote:
Besides, the "C" word doesn't match the description of a personal attack. It's vulgar and insulting, certainly; but it doesn't rise to the level of anything as concrete as a personal attack.

It's widely recognized as one of the most harshly abusive terms that someone can direct at a woman. Of course it's a personal attack, and it's rather inane and ignorant of you to even try to argue otherwise.

Pahoran wrote:
Someone else said that if we have to choose between Will's and Harmony's recollections of the event, they'll accept Harmony's.

I've repeatedly stated on this thread that it was MrStakhanovite's testimony that I found to be most powerful, especially since he commented on William's post within minutes of seeing it. No offense to harmony, but I don't know her very well and I don't know her real-life identity. Neither of these things is true for my relationship with Stak.

If this had merely been "harmony v. William," as you now incorrectly try to characterize it, I'd have probably never mentioned it. I am personally more inclined to believe harmony over William, but one "he said" v. one "she said" is not all that convincing.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Nomad wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that harmony made the whole thing up just to spice up MsJack's attack piece.

Hello Not-Will,

Now that you've returned, will you be issuing an apology for falsely having accused me of lying anytime soon?

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 504
MsJack wrote:
Nomad wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that harmony made the whole thing up just to spice up MsJack's attack piece.

Hello Not-Will,

Now that you've returned, will you be issuing an apology for falsely having accused me of lying anytime soon?

I guess it doesn't matter much to reveal it, so feel free to call me Damon.

You are a liar. In the minds of all fair minded people, this thread has proven that.

_________________
... she said that she was ready to drive up to Salt Lake City and confront ... Church leaders ... while well armed. The idea was ... dropped ... [because] she didn't have a 12 gauge with her.
-DrW about his friends (Link)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Pahoran wrote:
Not very "refeened," I admit. About on a par with Beastie describing FARMS as "likely an incestuous community."

I disagree. William has often accompanied his accusations of "circle jerking" with vivid sexual imagery or terms. For example:

William Schryver wrote:
By the way, I for one am quite confident that most of you losers here in the Trailer Park are shameless buggerers. Else why your proclivity for the orgiastic circle jerks in which you all enthusiastically participate?

viewtopic.php?p=158004#p158004

William Schryver wrote:
After all, you've never been averse to taking your place right in the middle of the circle, heartily pounding out an approving beat for each and every orgiastic excess. You belong here.

viewtopic.php?p=169530#p169530

And then of course there's the quote from which I told readers to consult what the Urban Dictionary says about "circle jerks":

William Schryver wrote:
Harmony is just bitter that the daily circle jerks in the Great and Spacious Trailer Park™ are the closest she has come to a bona fide sexual experience in over 40 years.

I simply cannot understand how her husband has resisted the urge to off himself for so long. Of all the men in human history who have felt compelled, no matter the cost, to “stick it out” with a ____ of a wife – Joseph Smith included – if anyone deserves the reward of 72 virgins in heaven, it’s that poor man.

viewtopic.php?p=229889#p229889

So he compares "circle jerks" to "bona fide sexual experience" and then goes on to talk about men who deserve 72 virgins in heaven for sticking it out with "bitches of wives".

Unless you have some examples of beastie engaging in similar sexual imagery in accompaniment with her "incest" metaphors, I would say the two are not the same at all. Not by a long shot.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 12064
Location: Kli-flos-is-es
Nomad wrote:
I guess it doesn't matter much to reveal it, so feel free to call me Damon.

You are a liar. In the minds of all fair minded people, this thread has proven that.


Is Damon your middle name, Will? Or is that just your W.O.W. handle?

_________________
Parley P. Pratt wrote:
We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:28 am 
Bishop
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 504
MsJack wrote:
And then of course there's the quote from which I told readers to consult what the Urban Dictionary says about "circle jerks":

William Schryver wrote:
Harmony is just bitter that the daily circle jerks in the Great and Spacious Trailer Park™ are the closest she has come to a bona fide sexual experience in over 40 years.

I simply cannot understand how her husband has resisted the urge to off himself for so long. Of all the men in human history who have felt compelled, no matter the cost, to “stick it out” with a ____ of a wife – Joseph Smith included – if anyone deserves the reward of 72 virgins in heaven, it’s that poor man.

viewtopic.php?p=229889#p229889


You mean this quote that is NOT from Will Schryver? This quote that he explicitly denied having made. This quote made by someone who registered as "WilliamSchryver", made one post that he/she made to sound like Will, then never posted again?

This is exactly why I say you are a liar.

Quote:
So he compares "circle jerks" to "bona fide sexual experience" and then goes on to talk about men who deserve 72 virgins in heaven for sticking it out with "bitches of wives".

Unless you have some examples of beastie engaging in similar sexual imagery in accompaniment with her "incest" metaphors, I would say the two are not the same at all. Not by a long shot.

You mean like the one where she talked about FARMS men giving each other blow jobs?

_________________
... she said that she was ready to drive up to Salt Lake City and confront ... Church leaders ... while well armed. The idea was ... dropped ... [because] she didn't have a 12 gauge with her.
-DrW about his friends (Link)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Nomad wrote:
I guess it doesn't matter much to reveal it, so feel free to call me Damon.

Well then, "Damon," do us all a favor and stop letting your "friend" log into your account.

Nomad wrote:
You are a liar.

Says the poster who has failed spectacularly and embarrassingly to document even a single lie.

Ironically, if you won't retract your accusation that I lied when I accurately attributed the "WilliamSchryver" handle to William, then you are knowingly propagating false information that has been corrected, which makes you the liar by your own standards.

Nomad wrote:
In the minds of all fair minded people, this thread has proven that.

Mmhmm. Throughout this thread, you, Pahoran, Wade, and Droopy have attributed all kinds of misdeeds, manipulations, and machinations to me.

The problem for the lot of you is, someone from the MI has contacted me to let me know that this very thread was read, my case was heard, and the people there made a decision based on it. No one has yet contested that this information is accurate.

So either:

(1) The people at the Maxwell Institute are not very "fair-minded people."

OR

(2) The people at the Maxwell Institute were gullible enough to fall for the propagandistic manipulations of a scheming "anonymous intellectual hack" on the Internet.

Neither of which paints a very complimentary picture of the people at the Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship.

Sounds like I have a much higher view of the MI than the lot of you. How about that.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:46 am 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Nomad wrote:
You mean this quote that is NOT from Will Schryver? This quote that he explicitly denied having made. This quote made by someone who registered as "WilliamSchryver", made one post that he/she made to sound like Will, then never posted again?

Your lies continue. Amazing.

Keep it up and you're getting your own thread in the Terrestrial Forum a la the threads beastie did for rcrocket and I did for bcspace.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:48 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 13030
Quote:
In other words, you are relying upon gossip.


Eye-witness testimony Pahoran, the same kind of testimony that you and your ilk rely upon to claim there is evidence for the Book of Mormon. Except none of us claim to have seen it with our "spiritual" eyes.

Quote:
Because, after all, the evidence has been conveniently expunged. And Will denies having used that term, which was not referred to by anyone who replied to Will before Harmony edited the post.


Conveniently expunged? No, Pahoran, "conveniently" expunged would be Joseph Smith conveniently expunging the translated 116 pages, because he couldn't risk having the original being uncovered at a later date, proving he was a fraud once compared to the second copy.
Harmony was simply following protocol as a Mod, by deleting the offensive material. Your argument that Harmony would have never referenced to the C-word as a "personal attack" is weak at best. In fact, borderline idiotic. Personal attacks and vulgarity typically go hand in hand, and are not mutually exclusive. What is your theory here, that she intentionally deleted it only because she thought it would be a good idea to accuse WIll of saying something he didn't say, despite the fact that there were numerous witnesses who could have seen it? Do you have any idea how stupid this sounds? I was in that thread, and while I don't recollect exactly what was said, it was enough to piss me off to the point that I challenged WIll face to face, as did DrCam. As far as I can tell, this was an unprecedented reaction for either of us. If it wasn't the C -word, it was something equal to that in vulgarity.

Now, tou claim you'd take Will's word over Harmony's any day of the week, but this says more about you and your devout loyalty to your tribe than it says anything about Harmony's credibility. Aren't you the same guy who gushed all over Will's presentation back in August, before it was undressed and shown to be a pretty dumb argument? You see my dear Pahoran, Will has a documented history of lying here and elsewhere, particularly when called out for saying things he wishes he could take back.

He was recently called out for calling Joseph Smith's first wife a B word, and he vehemently denied saying it only because he thought it was also deleted. But once the evidence was presented, he was forced to admit having said it. So he has a history of denying stuff he has said. In any other context, this would make Will's testimony worthless to all parties. But for you, it means nothing, since he's a fellow apologist and you're out to protect your own. For you, the evil apostates are always in the wrong. Just look at you reference Harmony as a horrible person for "deceiving" her Bishop during TR interviewing. You chose your dog in this fight long ago, and now that yours is bleeding and gasping for his last breath, you're upset because things didn't work out the way your Mormon worldview would suggest it should. The apologist is the liar here, not the apostate. Your argument amounts to nothing more than saying William didn't means what he said, because he now denies that he meant what he said. Well, duh! Obviously he is going to deny it NOW, but this is coming from a man who has a documented history of lying on these forums when he thinks he can get away with it.

Oh, and Rollos' failure to see the offensive comment doesn't mean it wasn't there. Obviously SOMETHING was there because the reaction from the crowd was extremely aggressive towards William. According to Will, he only said that Harmony was a hypocrite! Yeah, right. As if we'd be asking to go toe to toe with William over something like that!

Quote:
You mean this quote that is NOT from Will Schryver? This quote that he explicitly denied having made. This quote made by someone who registered as "WilliamSchryver", made one post that he/she made to sound like Will, then never posted again?

This is exactly why I say you are a liar.


Pretty lame evidence she is a liar. Will has a history of signing up with different names and then deleting them. He did this at MAD years ago, and he deleted his account just last year, only to sign up yet again with another variant of "William Schryver." You and Pahoran are on weak ground because your argument amounts to nothing more than "you're all liars because Will says so!"

Of course, you do not understand the irony in that, and nether of you are prepared to address the indisputable instances of flat out lies, coming from this guy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 am 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 13030
Quote:
You are a liar. In the minds of all fair minded people, this thread has proven that


Fair minded people using pseudonyms because they do not have the courage to come forth and associate their IRL identity with their own mantra here? IF you were so proud of your arguments in defense of the vulgar apologist, you wouldn't be afraid to provide your true identities.

And of course, the folks at NAMI are not fair-minded at all, right? Good luck trying to convince them of that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:21 pm 
Priest
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 pm
Posts: 304
Nomad wrote:
snip


Hey Nomad, I took the time to respond to your silly allegations and questions on that other thread. When are you going to get back to me?

I couldn't help but notice that you more or less ran away from the ressponses that I posed to you.

I wonder why that is?

Did you sense danger down that road?

_________________
You're absolutely vile and obnoxious paternalistic air of intellectual superiority towards anyone who takes issue with your clear misapprehension of core LDS doctrine must give one pause. - Droopy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm 
I just have to say that, although Will can be abrasive and sometimes genuinely insulting on discussion boards, I feel a sense of sadness for this new situation. I know that Will has put a lot of work into his KEP studies, presentation, and (probably) writings. Now it is all for naught. If Will would have acted differently, the situation may or may not be different today, and we will never know. Imagine, though, if you were about to be published. How exciting, and what an accomplishment that is! All of your hard work and research is about to finally pay off. Suddenly, because someone brought a sample of your behavior to the attention of the publisher, the publisher pulls the plug.

Just my two cents.

But I do have some questions for MSJack:

No offense intended, of course, and these are genuine questions. When composing this thread, why did you feel that you were the correct person to be the "judge, jury, and executioner" for Will? Other than being offended at his obviously insulting behavior, what led you to believe that you had the right to display it in such a manner, and to get the attention of the publisher?


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:11 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 14216
Simon Belmont wrote:
No offense intended, of course, and these are genuine questions. When composing this thread, why did you feel that you were the correct person to be the "judge, jury, and executioner" for Will? Other than being offended at his obviously insulting behavior, what led you to believe that you had the right to display it in such a manner, and to get the attention of the publisher?


Will displayed his own behavior.

I think Ms. Jack more than adequately explained her concerns about how Will's behavior could impact females interested in Mormon Studies.

Personally, I still maintain she did them a HUGE favor. Sooner or later someone would open the closet and the skeleton would jump out. Many pages ago I mentioned the Deseret News article that mentioned the "Metcalfe is a Butthead" incident. Can you imagine the controversy THIS information would cause in another article?

_________________
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm
Posts: 13030
All for naught? Does anyone here really believe Wilbur is just going to let this incident stop him from publishing his crap on the KEP? His ego simply could not handle that. I suspect he'll get all sorts of shoulders to cry on over at FAIR, and they'll publish his nonsense.

I think all of this is funny, and poetic justice really, if you consider Will's attacks on Bokovoy, and his not so veiled insinuation that it would be Bokovoy's career path in academics that would suffer for taking sides with the critics and disagreeing with his arguments and methodology.

Right now Wilbur is banging away at his thesaurus, working on his next string of responses, to assure us all that this whole thing was part of his plan.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Other Incidents
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:40 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:06 pm
Posts: 16721
Location: Northern Utah
I stand corrected. I thought Will had probably not said those things to harmony. Guess I was wrong.

MsJack wrote:
Nomad wrote:
You mean this quote that is NOT from Will Schryver? This quote that he explicitly denied having made. This quote made by someone who registered as "WilliamSchryver", made one post that he/she made to sound like Will, then never posted again?

Your lies continue. Amazing.

Keep it up and you're getting your own thread in the Terrestrial Forum a la the threads beastie did for rcrocket and I did for bcspace.

_________________
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 pm 
θεά
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 4318
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Simon ~ Why did I do it?

Because none of you would.

William has been bragging for years about how his fellow apologists and saints have nothing but love and admiration for his vulgar, lewd and misogynist behavior. And the majority of you sat around and pretended you didn't hear him.

You want someone to blame for what happened on this thread, other than William? Blame yourselves. If you really are representatives of "the Church of Jesus Christ," this should have come from one of you. You should have seen that your brother's path was a self-destructive one and reprimanded him out of love and concern for him.

As to what gave me the right to do any of this:

Mormon Discussions Universal Rule #1a wrote:
Everyone is welcome. Every opinion is welcome.

That's what gave me the right.

I sincerely hope that answers your questions.

_________________
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1611 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 77  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Analytics, Dr Exiled, DrW, fetchface, Google [Bot], Grudunza, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group