It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:59 am 
2nd Counselor

The first post was made at 9:10 am:

viewtopic.php?p=372972#p372972

Rollo Tomasi was able to quote the post at 11:08 am (almost two hours later!):

viewtopic.php?p=373034#p373034

I made additional reference to the post at 11: 21 am, at which point I elaborated on the theme by citing scriptural references about apostates.

At some point after this, “harmony” went in and edited everyone’s posts.

So the original and the instances where it was cited were in the public eye for over two hours, and yet no one expressed any inordinate outrage at my unprecedented use of what is probably the most offensive word in the English language.

Of course, that's because it never happened.

I call upon Rollo Tomasi to speak up. I know that, had I really said what is alleged of me, Rollo would remember it. So let’s see if he’ll join the Suborned Witness Club in this affair. There is no love lost between Rollo and me. But will Rollo go so far as to also claim that I used this kind of language in my response to harmony? I am quite anxious to see.

Here is the post where I cited my own previous post and then elaborated on it. I invite anyone with a shred of objectivity and decency left (rare commodities, indeed, in this place) to see how the surrounding context is entirely inconsistent with the fabricated allegations that have been made:

Quote:
Quote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
There's no cause for you to treat Harmony that way, Will.

edited by harmony: blatant personal attack

Quote:
For one who apparently claims to follow Christ, you are acting decidedly like an anti-Christ.

You mean the same guy who said this of apostates:
Quote:
Cursed are all those that shall lift up the heel against mine anointed, saith the Lord, and cry they have sinned when they have not sinned before me, saith the Lord, but have done that which was meet in mine eyes, and which I commanded them.

But those who cry transgression do it because they are the servants of sin, and are the children of disobedience themselves.

... It had been better for them that a millstone had been hanged about their necks, and they drowned in the depth of the sea.

Or perhaps you're thinking of the Christ of whom this prophecy speaks:
Quote:
And his voice shall be heard: I have trodden the wine-press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me;

And I have trampled them in my fury, and I did tread upon them in mine anger, and their blood have I sprinkled upon my garments, and stained all my raiment; for this was the day of vengeance which was in my heart.

I will stand before God at the last day secure in the knowledge of my unwavering loyalty to Him and His Kingdom, and notwithstanding my human weaknesses (of which I have many) I will be redeemed, while apostates like you and dissonance (barring your imminent repentance) will have cause to weep, wail, and gnash your teeth.

The entire context leading up to the original post, and the context that follows--including that contained in the posts where my original text was cited--is consistent with my claim that the original statement was a strongly worded condemnation of harmony's hypocrisy and impenitent apostasy. Had it been the egregious vulgarity MsJack, harmony, MrStakhanovite, and Spurven Ten Sing claim, there would have been, without any doubt whatsoever, a veritable tsunami of outrage vented towards me, multiple instances of people citing and commenting on it, etc. But, as can be seen, there was not.

So, Rollo, speak up. You were apparently very involved in that discussion. Will you also join the club, or will you do the right thing?

What about you, DarthJ? You were also there. Will you join the club? I find it very hard to believe you didn't express your outrage at the time. As one always quick to seize upon anything I say that you think you can use to discredit me, why didn't you jump all over my alleged use of the dreaded "C" word with harmony? By all indications, you just overlooked it entirely. Why is that?

I will, with great interest, await the comments of both Rollo and DarthJ.

I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:05 am 
2nd Counselor

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello,

Mr. Schryver when talking to Beastie said:

Quote:
I hope you and your incestuous, whorish, slutish, circle-jerking clan have a wonderful weekend.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Given your well-established track record for false accusations, I should think you would always provide a link from now on.

I did NOT say this to beastlie. But then, you knew that already, didn't you?
And so the beat goes on around here. There is nothing beneath you people, is there?

Fine. Fill the cup. Fill it full.

I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:09 am 
God

Will, do you consider me an enemy? Why?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:12 am 
God

Hello,

When Mr. Schryver tired of using this term (bold mine):

Quote:
You're the toughest talking blowhard of a bitch I've ever seen.

Quote:
And she certainly meets every qualification of "bitch" that I've ever known of ...

He transitioned to the liberal use of wench (which is generally associated with, as commonly defined, a woman of loose values and multiple sexual partners):

To Harmony:

Quote:
OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom:

D&C 78
D&C 82
D&C 104
4 Ne. 2-16
Moses 7

To Beastie:

Quote:
I already answered your question, you beastlie wench. You just weren't paying attention.

Quote:
Yeah, that’s it. You snarly, sagging, middle-aged wench, you. :lol:

To Kimberly Ann:

Quote:
Yeah, that's real nice of you wench. Now get back in the kitchen and make me some cookies.

And take off those damn shoes before I smack you silly!

About his wife:

Quote:
I have, on several occasions, threatened to leave my wife for a twenty-something babe -- it usually happens after I take People magazine into the bathroom. And my beloved wife consistently responds in the following manner: “Don’t be late for dinner. We’ll be having meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Bring home some milk.” At this stage of the game, Old Scratch, those kinds of threats are wanting for some dentures, and I’m afraid my dear wife (wrong-headed wench that she is) knows it far too well.

Quote:
As for my Dear Wife, the "Wrong-headed-wench" -- well, you should hear what she calls me.

About his daughter:

Quote:
First of all, you try to tell my beloved 22-year-old "wenchlette" to "shut up and do as you're told." She'd kick your pansy-ass from here to Montana, let you stew in your humiliation for a while, then come back and mock you for good measure.

It's clear to me & others that Mr. Schryver has no issues with using negative descriptors toward women that he loves, lusts, and hates. As an up and coming representative of the Mormon church one would think, unless he repents, shows a contrite spirit, and genuinely changes his ways he's certainly a risk to the image conscience organization.

V/R
Dr. Cam

www.cesletter.com

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:18 am 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Given your well-established track record for false accusations, I should think you would always provide a link from now on.

I did NOT say this to beastlie.

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6691&p=168466&hilit=I+hope+you+and+your+incestuous%2C+whorish%2C+slutish%2C+circle+jerking+clan+have+a+wonderful+weekend.#p168466

Hello Mr. Schryver,

Unfortunately for you there's this thing called a search feature. It's not hard to pair a key word with your username, and press Enter. I'm sure you can figure it out. Why don't you give it a go, and remind yourself of your inane and sinful behavior?

V/R
Dr. Cam

www.cesletter.com

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:05 am 
2nd Counselor

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
/snip/

I rest my case. The comment was directed, generally, towards the entire incestuous GSTP clan, rather than to beastlie personally.

In any case, I freely acknowledge having said (or written, as it were) everything I have, in reality, written. I deny all those things claimed of me that I did not say.

I have never, in my life, employed the "C" word, in public or private. All who claim I did are liars, as you, Doctor CamNC4Me, have proven to be on several occasions.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 am 
God

MsJack wrote:
Tator/Pokatator ~ I'm glad that you liked the thread. I didn't agree with the polemics and harsh name-calling that you employed in your "Vulgar Scatologist" thread, and you did err and attribute a few quotes to William that he never said. There were also several quotes which I thought were mostly innocuous when viewed in their context or quotes that were partially misquoted. Nevertheless, you were the first person to put some serious effort into a thread documenting William's poor behavior, and as someone who had only lurked on this forum off-and-on since its inception, your thread was a learning experience for me. Thank you for that.

MsJack, your assessment is 100% truthful and accurate and I thank you for it. I have been aware of my errors from shortly after posting the OP. I also took a fairly long break from the board because of my polemics and harsh name-calling..... I am trying to turn over a new leaf (nothing to do with Moksha), so to speak.

I do lurk mostly and I am returning to that mode. I can only say that Will is such an embarrassment to everything Mormon. I can't imagine that if he believes it is true he can make such a mockery of "his election made sure" and everything else Mormon. I agree with Harmony's call for repentance.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 am 
God

Why would I lie? I have no interest one way or another.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:46 am 
2nd Counselor

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:
Why would I lie?

Good question. Why would you, except that you're a suborned witness?

Quote:
I have no interest one way or another.

I know you don't have a single post in the thread in question.

Apparently your interest was non-existent at the time of the alleged "crime."

However, in addition to Rollo Tomasi and DarthJ, the following people were actively involved in that thread:

sock puppet
Rockslider
Yahoo Bot

I haven't seen them weigh in yet on my allegedly having used the "C" word towards harmony.

Again, contrary to the claims made previously in this thread that my post only remained for minutes, the evidence is conclusive that it was up for over two hours, which is when Rollo quoted it.

Where was the outrage during that two hour period?

Where has the outrage been in the six months since then?

Despite all the "Schryver is a vulgar cretin" threads that there have been during that period, is it really possible that no one bothered to trumpet what would have been, by any measure, the most egregious example of my alleged vulgarity?

No, Mr. Spurven, you are lying. And I'm 100% certain that you know you're lying. You're lying because you believe it serves the best interests of your heathen tribe.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 am 
God

Quote:
No, Mr. Spurven, you are lying. And I'm 100% certain that you know you're lying. You're lying because you believe it serves the best interests of your heathen tribe.

Your evidence for my deceit is a lack of posting in the thread? I hope you understand that it is possible to read a thread without posting in it. I have no interest in lying, I don't care about what happens with you, but this also does not equal me not reading what you have written. I am not your enemy, nor do I want to be so. I am not suborned in any way.

I recall reading the word. I even remember what was going on in my mind as I read it. I wondered what happened to make you so mad in that way. I remember thinking it was disjointed from your normally eloquent smears. It seemed lashing out. That's why I remember it.

It was randomly filed in my memory, I didn't comment because I didn't care. I think you may be remembering things wrong, but I am certain of what I saw. I don't care, still, to dog pile you.

ETA: Will, you don't know me or what I think. Stop being a jerk to me. I have nothing against you on any level. You are nothing to me. Leave it alone.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:56 am 
Jersey Girl wrote:
Loran, Wade and Belmont,

With regards to the OP, I have this to say to all three of you.

Stand for something... besides your "side".

JG

I didn't take a side. I just don't agree with public lynchings like this. There is no doubt that Will has done what he has been documented to do, but there also is no doubt he's done a lot of good things too. No one cares about the good things.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:58 am 
God

It's really sad that Mr. Schryver still can't find within himself the humility to apologize for sexually harassing the women in this forum. :(

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:01 am 
God

Simon Belmont wrote:

I didn't take a side. I just don't agree with public lynchings like this. There is no doubt that Will has done what he has been documented to do, but there also is no doubt he's done a lot of good things too. No one cares about the good things.

Every bad person on earth has also done some good things.

There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 am 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Spurven Ten Sing wrote:
I recall reading the word. I even remember what was going on in my mind as I read it. I wondered what happened to make you so mad in that way. I remember thinking it was disjointed from your normally eloquent smears. It seemed lashing out. That's why I remember it.

You are not only a liar, you are a completely natural and shameless liar. You belong to a tribe of shameless liars. You are the seed of a liar.

And you are an official member of the Suborned Witnesses Club. Congratulations!

You were caught lying about your Emma quote, so you really have no credibility to question his testimony.

But in the end, it doesn't matter if you said the C-word or not. Your other confirmed words constitute sexual harassment.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideN ... 82620aRCRD

Quote:
“Our television and movie screens are filled with not-so-subtle messages that encourage and persuade young and old alike to unbridle their passions and they will experience happiness. The results of this reckless course should be so apparent as we watch the tremendous social and psychological costs continue to mount. The increasing incidence of teenage pregnancy, abortion, rape, child molestation, sexual harassment, assault, drug addiction, disease, alcoholism, and broken homes are all influenced by this persuasion. And the alarming statistics continue to testify, but with little if any effect” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1993, pp. 110–11, or Ensign, Nov. 1993, p. 82).

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 am 
2nd Counselor

RockSlider wrote:
Will Schryver wrote:
You are not only a liar, you are a completely natural and shameless liar. You belong to a tribe of shameless liars. You are the seed of a liar.
And you are an official member of the Suborned Witnesses Club. Congratulations!

Nice show William! How do you live with this?

Moderators, please honor MsJacks request and move all posts that have digressed to personal attacks out of this celestrial thread.

On the other hand, maybe all should be left as it is ... William showing his true colors.

You participated on the Mark Hoffman thread in question. Do I understand you to be saying that you also claim to have seen where I used the "C" word towards harmony? Will you, too, join the club?

Certainly you would have noted it, and certainly you would have found it objectionable, and certainly you would have continued, in the intervening six month period, to have made reference to my perfidy. Where are your posts about it?

I await your reply ...

ETA: This entire thread, from the very beginning, has been a "personal attack thread." The thread belonged in the Telestial forum from the get go. Removing any posts from it would be nothing less than a blatant effort to suppress all points of view that do not conform to its underlying propaganda objective. Therefore I won't be surprised at all if the moderators here do precisely that.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 am 
God

Jack, it appears Will has deflected your OP and your subsequent request to stay on topic, by attacking eye witnesses, calling you out with numerous objections, and once again leveling character assassinations at beastie and I. Normal behavior for Will.

He's unwilling to discuss the relationship between his posts here and any subsequent association with women involved in Mormon Studies. The reason for this unwillingness is at the base of his denials and at the base of his underlying treatment of women.

The credibility of those institutions that are involved in Mormon Studies will likely not be devastated by Will's foolishness. Will isn't a big enough fish in that pond for his character flaws to matter. However, his initial posts and the most recent exhibition of his character flaws on this thread will not disappear into the ether, either, and when (not if... when) this attitude shows up in the Mormon Studies world, the documentation on this thread will stand as a witness against any denials he may attempt. The internet world is overlapping the real world more and more. People have even been known to send links to employers and partners. Employers and associates have been known to run internet searches. An institution that guards its reputation as closely as the LDS church closely scrutinizes any links to professionals in the field of Mormon Studies. Any internet search will turn up Will's posts.

I have no doubt that were any female associated with Mormon Studies to disagree with Will, or hamper any professional advancement to which he felt entitled, or obstruct his path in any way, she would be subjected to similiar treatment to what he dishes out here. It's to be hoped that others would immediately demand his removal. After all, Mormon Studies isn't a free wheeling free speech Mormon discussions bulletin board.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 am 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

My goodness, Will---what a panic you're in! I've never seen you so rattled! You must really be terrified about the repercussions of your behavior. Have you been firing off a series of frantic emails and PMs to people attached to the MI, in hopes of dousing the flames before this rages out of control?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 am 
2nd Counselor

harmony,

Why did you lie about how long my post was up before you edited it?

As can be seen quite clearly in the thread in question, the post where I allegedly used the revolting term was up for over two hours before you edited it and the places where both Rollo and I had quoted it.

So why did you lie and say it was only up for a matter of minutes? I guess you forgot that Rollo and I had quoted it, huh?

Last edited by Will Schryver on Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 am 
2nd Counselor

Doctor Scratch wrote:
My goodness, Will---what a panic you're in! I've never seen you so rattled! You must really be terrified about the repercussions of your behavior. Have you been firing off a series of frantic emails and PMs to people attached to the MI, in hopes of dousing the flames before this rages out of control?

Not panicked at all, Scratch.

I know precisely how much credibility this place and its creatures truly have.

I will be in the MI offices again tomorrow. I have no doubt there will be some brief and amused discussion concerning this latest in a long, long string of coordinated attacks on me. It has become a species of comic relief, in a way.

As one rather well-known person observed:

Quote:
"They're afraid you might be right. Terrified, in fact."

It is well understood why these unremitting ad hominem attacks are taking place.

They are not having the effect you people believe they should have. Rather quite the opposite.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 am 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Will Schryver wrote:
harmony,

Why did you lie about how long my post was up before you edited it?

As can be seen quite clearly in the thread in question, the post where I allegedly used the revolting term in question was up for over two hours before you edited it and the places where both Rollo and I had quoted it.

So why did you lie and say it was only up for a matter of minutes? I guess you forgot that Rollo and I had quoted it, huh?

Do you really think this is in any way believable, Will? You had better come clean. It's only a matter of time before your misbehavior is circulated to other, more problematic (for you) venues.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 am 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:

Not panicked at all, Scratch.

I know precisely how much credibility this place and its creatures truly have.

I will be in the MI offices again tomorrow. I have no doubt there will be some brief and amused discussion concerning this latest in a long, long string of coordinated attacks on me. It has become a species of comic relief, in a way.

As one rather well-known person observed:

It is well understood why these unremitting ad hominem attacks are taking place.

They are not having the effect you people believe they should have. Rather quite the opposite.

You don't think being an unrepentant sexual harasser is serious?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 77  Next