It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top Ten Reasons to be Excited About General Conference
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 pm 
God

onandagus wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
I am having trouble coming up with even one reason, so was hoping for a little help here.

Runtu?

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

P.S. Soon to be a blood-dripping thread on the other board.

Don Bradley:

Here are a few of mine:

I went last fall and, yes, got a lot out of it--e.g., Elder Bednar's talk on the Holy Ghost. I would expect the same this time.

I'm going to be there tomorrow.

I'm going to be there with a truly lovely young lady who will be excited to be there.

Then she and I are going to get to talk about it.

8-)

Capiche?

Don

We need to go easy with consig. He has not recovered from being released from his calling as gospel doctrine teacher. He hoped that it was a calling for life.

That being said, I do think that he may have deserved to be released. It is obvious because of his calling he began to think that he was extremely intelligent for his more than unique takes on the gospel. And of course the kudos on MAD for his gospel doctrine threads did not help the situation.

Now he has become bored with the members who may now be beneath him in intellect. And so, he sits in church with his family yawning at all the lessons and talks the idiots give, especially in the high priests meeting.

Lets hope that Joseph Smith appears at the next general conference. Consig will then wake up and exclaim: wow.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 pm 
God

why me wrote:
We need to go easy with consig. He has not recovered from being released from his calling as gospel doctrine teacher. He hoped that it was a calling for life.

That being said, I do think that he may have deserved to be released. It is obvious because of his calling he began to think that he was extremely intelligent for his more than unique takes on the gospel. And of course the kudos on MAD for his gospel doctrine threads did not help the situation.

Now he has become bored with the members who may now be beneath him in intellect. And so, he sits in church with his family yawning at all the lessons and talks the idiots give, especially in the high priests meeting.

Lets hope that Joseph Smith appears at the next general conference. Consig will then wake up and exclaim: wow.

You don't do righteous judgment well at all.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 pm 
God

liz3564 wrote:

I enjoy conference weekend, in general, because I don't have to dress up for Church. I hate dresses and nylons. And, any chance I have to wear sweats on the weekend makes it a great weekend for me! :-)

You don't need to wear a dress. You can wear slacks or pants. Nothing wrong in that. You may get a look here or there, but eventually most will get used to your new style. There is no rule that women must wear dresses or skirts.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 pm 
God

Seeing the brand new almost finished Meganacle will be truly exciting. The blending of ecclesiastical and commercial will be like the renaissance all over again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm 
Deacon

Buffalo wrote:

"I plead with you to calm the frak down."

LOL! That is some funny shiz right there. Hahaha!

I nominate this post for best use of an original pic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:15 am 
2nd Counselor

Kevin Graham wrote:
And then you went and deleted all those comments from their original posts. Of the dozens of comments documented in that thread you only denied having said one of them.

So now you've provided the propaganda campaign with a failsafe!

Brilliant. The non-falsifiable smear. Maybe they can just call it "The Graham Smear," and everyone will know right away just how seriously to take it.

Unfortunately for you, all the comments that appear in that thread (except for the handful that are mis-attributed) can still be found in their original posts (which I wish people would read, since the context makes my quips all the better). The ones that are mis-attributed can also be found--it's just that they are comments from others, interspersed with my own, that Pokatator mistakenly attributed to me.

I have never once done what you accuse me of, nor is there any evidence of it at all, as you well know. You and all those who have worked to erect and maintain the myth are, quite simply, shameless liars and worse. That's why no one believes the myth outside the small confines of The Great and Spacious Trailer Park. Not that I expect you to abandon the effort at this juncture. It's the only thing you do that rises to the level of mediocrity.

I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:53 am 
God

You've gone back to delete your posts in the past and you know this, but you are a proven liar so of course you'll deny it. You did this when you made your idiotic comment about being able to circumvent moderators who have banned you, by simply unplugging your router for ten seconds and changing your IP. Liz and I remember laughing for days over that comment, at your expense. But that post no longer exists because you edited it and left it blank.

My "propaganda campaign" is nothing of the sort. I haven't been notating your disgusting comments over the years, but others have. I'm more interested in your lies and proven idiocy on all things related to the Book of Abraham, and especially the evolution of your apologetic method. You've seen the dozen or so threads I started that exposed your attempts to lie to everyone, including your own choir. You've never been able to respond to any of the various refutations. All you do is change the subject or run away - usually the latter. It would be one thing if you never posted here, that way you'd have plausible deniability. But you come here when we criticize your arguments and your lies, although you never debate the points or answer for your deceptions. But then you run over to MAD to tell everyone there you've never seen any criticism. You do this to create this deceptive impression that you're above reproach and that you're arguments have us on the ropes.

But we both know you're an absolute idiot who cares nothing about honesty. I have plenty of your emails to prove it. You suck up to people and say what you think you need to say to get them to your side, but when they don't drink the kool-aide, you then attack them publicly. I know you think of yourself as a super faithful Danite-type Mormon, but the fact is you have plenty of people on your side of the fence who absolutely despise your methodology and the way to talk to others. The rest of them simply aren't aware of your lies and deception. Every time I go to MAD to let them know, you're quick to have the mods delete me again. But each time I do it, I get a few emails from some of the posters wanting more information. I'm content with that. I have more people from your side coming to me with unsolicited emails requesting more information, than you'll ever have from the non-LDS side of the debate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 am 
2nd Counselor

Cracker Graham wrote:
/Another in a long line of rambling, rabid posts from the "Nightlion" of the apostate evangelists .../

You're just angry still that you fulfilled my prophecy of your apostasy, after having vehemently denied it for so long--that, and you're understandably self-conscious about your obvious psychological instability. You know, you really shouldn't feel reluctance or shame in seeking professional help. They've developed all kinds of medications to help with your condition.

I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 am 
God

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9488 ... logist.png

http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_1_why_feminism.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 am 
You know what's sad?

This started out as a fun little thread about what we do at conference time.

*sigh*

We have our DVR set, and I'm looking over the PF Chang's takeout menu.

Hey guys...anyone who has PF Chang's close by....they are running an order online special since this is game weekend.

If you type in the code HOOPS, you get 20% off your meal as long as you order either today, tomorrow, or Monday.

I'll be eating my garlic noodles with the family while watching conference. Too bad we can't do this every Sunday. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 am 
God

onandagus wrote:

I'm going to be there with a truly lovely young lady who will be excited to be there.

8-)

Capiche?

Don

Thanks for your friendly suggestions, Don.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

P.S. Isn't there a certain project you should be working on? ;^)

Last edited by consiglieri on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 am 
God

consiglieri wrote:
onandagus wrote:

8-)

Capiche?

Don

Thanks for your friendly suggestions, Don.

Now I just have to find a truly lovely young lady . . .

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

P.S. Isn't there a certain project you should be working on? ;^)

He is! The truly lovely young lady! Wish you all the best, Don!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:52 am 
God

Quote:
You're just angry still that you fulfilled my prophecy of your apostasy,

Uh, I was already long gone before you ever arrived to the scene dip****. Besides, you accuse virtually everyone under the LDS moon of being apostate or anti-Mormon, so there is nothing surprising there. All they have to do is be honest and tell you you're arguments are lacking, and you're on the black-balling bandwagon. They have to be apostates or anti-Mormon. You only see black and white. You see this as a war and everyone has to choose a side immediately or else you're going to treat them as the enemy.

Quote:
after having vehemently denied it for so long--that, and you're understandably self-conscious about your obvious psychological instability.

I'm not the one who feels the need to constantly lie to people on the internet. Your record of this is atrocious.

Quote:
You know, you really shouldn't feel reluctance or shame in seeking professional help. They've developed all kinds of medications to help with your condition.

I didn't know intolerance towards stupid idiots was a recognized condition. But my wife's the psychologist, so I'll ask her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:00 am 
God

harmony wrote:

He is! The truly lovely young lady! Wish you all the best, Don!

D'oh!

What was I thinking?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 am 
God

Quote:
I have never once done what you accuse me of, nor is there any evidence of it at all, as you well know.

Here is the evidence, which you avoid like the plague, for obvious reasons.

Challenge for Will

Will Schryver's Deception in Pundits

Will Loses his Mojo at MADB

Another Gee/Schryver Deception

Nomad's Fawning: Redux

De Ja Vue: Book of Abraham Apologetics

Will Schryver: Kneel before Zod

Intellectual Bankruptcy of Book of Abraham Apologetics

Thoughts on Doomsday's Aftermath

An Invitation to the KEP

Quote:
You and all those who have worked to erect and maintain the myth are, quite simply, shameless liars and worse

Projection will do you no good. The difference between us is that we can prove you're a liar, whereas all you can do is assert that the opposite is true.

Quote:
That's why no one believes the myth outside the small confines of The Great and Spacious Trailer Park.

This is not true at all. There are several LDS folks, some of whom post at MAD, who know your true colors, but who are probably reluctant to publicly go against a brother in the fold. I've spoken to them, and they've spoken to you, so don't for a second pretend they don't exist. There are serious concerns by LDS folks who do not think it would be wise for the NAMI to publish anything you write. Because you're not a scholar nor do you act scholarly, and the only "ancient language" you're familiar with is the one you use to write software. You have a reputation that will only reflect poorly on that institution. And you can't blame anyone but yourself. I'm not the one behind this. In fact, I'm hoping they publish you so that way you cannot back away from your BS like you usually do. It will be permanently stamped on your apologetic resume. This will be a pleasant change from all the BS you've flip-flopped on over the years.

Quote:
Not that I expect you to abandon the effort at this juncture. It's the only thing you do that rises to the level of mediocrity.

What "effort"? I let you do all the work. Every time you speak or give a presentation, you discredit yourself as I show time and time again you know nothing of what you're talking about. This doesn't take much effort on my part because I know what I'm talking about. Refuting you is usually a five minute job. Again, the links above prove this beyond all doubt. Every time I review the past Book of Abraham threads, the dumbest comments usually come from you. Just the other night I was looking over a discussion from last August at MAD, where you flat out lied and said our problem is that none of the characters in the GAEL appear in the Book of Abraham manuscripts. A five year old could see this isn't true, but you rely on the ignorance of your audiences. And this is just one of many examples of your abject ignorance on the subject for which you proclaim to be an authority.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 am 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
I stand corrected. I did not recall having said that (although I do recall having thought it on occasion).

So, I am guilty of calling Emma Smith a champion bitch.

Certainly a little harsh on my part. I sincerely apologize to Emma. Upon reflection, I would merely say she was an emotionally volatile, high-maintenance woman who would have been a royal pain in the ass to deal with as a wife, and I admire Joseph Smith all the more for having put up with her all those years.

Still waiting on the "whore" and "slut" evidence ...

I find your judgment of Emma harsh and really unfair. Perhaps it reflects on your own hang ups. Emma stood by a man that was an extremely complex person whose calling if you believe in him, or his chosen vocation if you do not, brought into her life an incredible amount of stress. More than many can even imagine. Yet she stood by him and loved him faithfully. And after all her faithfulness and love Joseph gave her the gift of plural wives and much of that behind her back. He gave her an alleged revelation that that threatened to destroy her if she did not agree to polygamy. He withheld the endowment from her unless she agreed to plural marriage. He entered into sealing with other women before he did her, his first wife. And you have the gaul to call her an "emotionally volatile, high-maintenance woman who would have been a royal pain in the ass to deal with as a wife." That seem pretty hard and harsh. Would you treat your wife this way?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:52 am 
God

Jason Bourne wrote:
That seem pretty hard and harsh. Would you treat your wife this way?

Thanks for saying that so well, Jason.

I don't know why Will hates Emma so much.

I think she is the unsung hero of Mormonism.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:05 am 
\m/ \m/

consiglieri wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
That seem pretty hard and harsh. Would you treat your wife this way?

Thanks for saying that so well, Jason.

I don't know why Will hates Emma so much.

I think she is the unsung hero of Mormonism.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Probably because she didn't become a Brighamite.

Soothe the burn
Wake me up"
Nirvana, Dumb

"Now do what they told ya."
Rage Against the Machine, Killing in the Name.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:15 am 
God

harmony wrote:
Deleting it on the boards doesn't delete it from the Book of Life, Will. And that is the judgment to fear. Without repentence, the sin remains on your head. Without acknowledging the sin, you cannot access the Atonement. A pity, but that's the beauty of it: God knows and he remembers.

wenglund wrote:
Only someone of your Christ-like temperment could get away with speaking for God like that. LOL

I must admit that it floors me to find the people in this sewage plant waxing judgementalist over other people's slightest impurities. It goes beyond irony to sqaulid hypocrisy.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Gee Wade. How about you chastise Will for his threat to curse Nightlion. What does that say about Will's Christ like temperament and attempting to invoke God's curses. In fact he did Curse Ray A. In all my years as an Latter-day Saint and all my years posting I have only seen a curse invoked on someone once and a threat of it once. And they both wereby Will. Condemn him if you will condemn anyone here let alone Harmony.

And by the way, I know a bit about Harmony IRL. She may not be the most toe the line TBM and I know that just bugs the hell out of you. But someone can actually be spiritual and Christ like and not be TBM. But you see what you get with her. She is one of the most Christian persons I know on message boards. And she puts her money where her mouth is in actions that are service oriented and Christ like. A hypocrite she is not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:25 am 
God

liz3564 wrote:
You know what's sad?

*sigh*

Hey guys...anyone who has PF Chang's close by....they are running an order online special since this is game weekend.

If you type in the code HOOPS, you get 20% off your meal as long as you order either today, tomorrow, or Monday.

I'll be eating my garlic noodles with the family while watching conference. Too bad we can't do this every Sunday. LOL

I just love you Liz! You are a good soul. Wish you and your fam lived near by so we could hang out. I know you would get along well with my Dear Wife.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 am 
Jason Bourne wrote:
liz3564 wrote:
You know what's sad?

*sigh*

I just love you Liz! You are a good soul. Wish you and your fam lived near by so we could hang out. I know you would get along well with my Dear Wife.

You're awesome, Jason! I agree. We would have a ball! :-)

If you guys are every in NC, let me know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next