It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Top Ten Reasons to be Excited About General Conference
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 pm 
High Priest

Will Schryver wrote:
Certainly a little harsh on my part. I sincerely apologize to Emma. Upon reflection, I would merely say she was an emotionally volatile, high-maintenance woman who would have been a royal pain in the ass to deal with as a wife, and I admire Joseph Smith all the more for having put up with her all those years.

Don't ever apologize. You suck at it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
Still waiting on the "whore" and "slut" evidence ...

You made this comment several times and it was documented on this thread:

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... &sk=t&sd=a

You responded to the thread with:

Quote:
By the way, thanks for going to such a concerted effort to gather together some of the gems of my days here in The Great and Spacious Trailer Park™. Reading through them caused me to laugh out loud several times. Strangely enough, my guilt sensor was not activated even once. Maybe I’m just “past feeling.”

And then you went and deleted all those comments from their original posts. Of the dozens of comments documented in that thread you only denied having said one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm 
God

Quote:
By the way, I do hope you're still working on your Schryver Exposè, and that you plan on someday publishing your own analysis of the KEP. I've really been looking forward to those things, and I trust you will not ultimately disappoint in that respect

Your reverse psychology won't work, small fry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm 
God

Will Schryver wrote:
It was all quite cunningly conceived, and I cannot do less than applaudingly acknowledge the effectiveness of your devilish gambit.

It also lured you out of your bivouac so we could get a good bead on you.

You appear to be a sucker for elementary school gibes.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
And then you went and deleted all those comments from their original posts. Of the dozens of comments documented in that thread you only denied having said one of them.

It's difficult to choose who's more pathetic between Willy and Wade. Just when it looks like one is pulling ahead, the other makes a move on the outside.

"Salt Lake, we have a problem." - Fence Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:57 pm 
Inglorious Bastard

Some Schmo wrote:
Well, if it's any consolation, I only see you as mentally twisted and intellectually crippled. Two out of three ain't bad, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JA9Qs2Mho

Chap wrote:

Let me be more explicit. In general, I find that Schryver's posts lead me to conclude that he is highly narcissistic and given to exhibitionism, and that his sense of where boundaries should be drawn is somewhat non-standard.

That kind of thing makes for posts that can be embarrassing and more than a little unpleasant to read, and I certainly would not have wanted a parent posting about me that way. Schryver's family affairs are of course purely their own concern - I'd just prefer they stayed that way.

. . . Either way, it's creepy.

Nice dissection! It might even be common among Mormons to be unaware of social etiquette, I've sat through plenty of testimony meetings burying my face in my hands as my Mom TMI'd her soul out to the congregation! In their world everyone is a "dear brother" or "dear sister".

I think it's normal to be uncomfortable when such intimate details are publicly displayed. Maybe it's some sort of instinctive measure. I think that's probably why the whole hippy-ish communal-living thing didn't catch on. . . it's just too weird for most of us!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 pm 
God

Redefined wrote:
I think it's normal to be uncomfortable when such intimate details are publicly displayed. Maybe it's some sort of instinctive measure. I think that's probably why the whole hippy-ish communal-living thing didn't catch on. . . it's just too weird for most of us!

Although I wish to be clear I am not accusing Will Schryver of pedophilia, it is nonetheless a recognized psychological phenomenon that persons with aberrant proclivities frequently display an amazing lack of self-awareness when describing their day-to-day activities.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 pm 
Stake High Council

harmony wrote:
Milesius wrote:
You are an obnoxious, effing loon thews.

No one gets a pass here, not even Will.

My son had cancer; so did my sister, several aunts and uncles, and my MIL is currently in treatment. She will die from it, as her cancer is incurable. I've lost grandmothers, uncles, aunts, and cousins to the disease.

While my heart breaks for anyone who has to suffer from cancer, none of that allows me or anyone else to call anyone a foul name.

Will and thews are cut from the same cloth. Just because life has dealt them a harsh blow doesn't excuse them from inexcusable behavior. To them I say: repent. Christ demands it. And I will know when you do, since I am the one you sinned against and to whom you must apologize if you will partake of the Atonement. (not that I expect thews or Will to acknowledge their sin, but at least they have the opportunity).

Will is a major ass**** but even so I fail to see how that justifies your comment to him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm 
God

Deleting it on the boards doesn't delete it from the Book of Life, Will. And that is the judgment to fear. Without repentence, the sin remains on your head. Without acknowledging the sin, you cannot access the Atonement. A pity, but that's the beauty of it: God knows and he remembers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:40 pm 
God

Church vacation!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 pm 
God

I finally figured out why some of the people around here need to falsely and repeatedly accuse me and Will and DCP and Joseph Smith and others of the most vile of behaviors. It is because that is what it takes for them to feel we are beneath them, and so they can artificially feel somewhat better about themselves. Anyting less grevious wouldn't work because of how low they they think of themselves and in some ways are. Very sad.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 pm 
\m/ \m/

wenglund wrote:
I finally figured out why some of the people around here need to falsely and repeatedly accuse me and Will and DCP and Joseph Smith and others of the most vile of behaviors. It is because that is what it takes for them to feel we are beneath them, and so they can artificially feel somewhat better about themselves. Anyting less grevious wouldn't work because of how low they they think of themselves and in some ways are. Very sad.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

This has been another episode of Wade Englund, Pop Psychology, brought to you by ... Wade Englund, Faux PsyD!

The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to. B C Forbes

See a sock puppet parody of Kurt Cobain here

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 pm 
God

harmony wrote:
Deleting it on the boards doesn't delete it from the Book of Life, Will. And that is the judgment to fear. Without repentence, the sin remains on your head. Without acknowledging the sin, you cannot access the Atonement. A pity, but that's the beauty of it: God knows and he remembers.

Only someone of your Christ-like temperment could get away with speaking for God like that. LOL

I must admit that it floors me to find the people in this sewage plant waxing judgementalist over other people's slightest impurities. It goes beyond irony to sqaulid hypocrisy.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:56 pm 
God

sock puppet wrote:
This has been another episode of Wade Englund, Pop Psychology, brought to you by ... Wade Englund, Faux PsyD!

Turns out it is actual just a re-run of SP confusing common sense for Psychology. Boooring!

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:36 pm 
\m/ \m/

wenglund wrote:
harmony wrote:

Only someone of your Christ-like temperment could get away with speaking for God like that. LOL

I must admit that it floors me to find the people in this sewage plant waxing judgementalist over other people's slightest impurities. It goes beyond irony to sqaulid hypocrisy.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

This has been another episode of Wade Englund, Avenging Reverend, brought to you by ... Wade Englund, Faux Doctor of Divinity!

The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to. B C Forbes

See a sock puppet parody of Kurt Cobain here

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm 
God

wenglund wrote:

You might want to check your Bible for references. I didn't write the plan of salvation, nor did I invent the Atonement.

Quote:

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

The next time Will calls you a filthy name, you'll have a point. Until then, you don't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:27 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
... but I feel certain that many would notice if they... failed to mention Jimmer Fredette.

Or Brandon Davies. Couldn't you imagine President Packer using this honor code violation in a talk exorting moral purity and the consequences of what happens when one makes a transgression? Might even link this in to how people have to learn their heterosexuality because they could not possibly be born wanting to hump their BYU girlfriend before time and all eternity marriage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 pm 
God

harmony wrote:
wenglund wrote:

You might want to check your Bible for references. I didn't write the plan of salvation, nor did I invent the Atonement.

You will be pleased to learn that there is no salvific penalty for completely missing my point.

Quote:
The next time Will calls you a filthy name, you'll have a point. Until then, you don't.

When you have been subjected to a steady flood of derision like what I and Will and DCP and others have experienced here over a number of years (from you among others), then I will be happy to throw you a self-pity party. Until then, your point is absurd in the extreme, eclipsed only by your hypocrisy.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 pm 
God

wenglund wrote:

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Excellent point Wade. This is the wrong web site for being judgmental of slight impurities in others. If anyone has a judgmental compulsion, try this site: http://www.mormondialogue.org/forum/11-general-discussions/. Once you are fully purged, hustle your butt back here to see what you missed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 pm 
High Priest

consiglieri wrote:
I am having trouble coming up with even one reason, so was hoping for a little help here.

Runtu?

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

P.S. Soon to be a blood-dripping thread on the other board.

Don Bradley:

Here are a few of mine:

I went last fall and, yes, got a lot out of it--e.g., Elder Bednar's talk on the Holy Ghost. I would expect the same this time.

I'm going to be there tomorrow.

I'm going to be there with a truly lovely young lady who will be excited to be there.

Then she and I are going to get to talk about it.

8-)

Capiche?

Don

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 pm 
High Priest

wenglund wrote:
You will be pleased to learn that there is no salvific penalty for completely missing my point.

8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next