It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Derailment from ''In all probability...''
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 pm 
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello,

How about condemning "secret combinations" and then subsequently creating temple rituals that require secret combinations? Oh, and one requires secret combinations in order to get into Heaven!

Oh my.

V/R
Dr. Cam

May I ask what type of lawn/patio chair(s) you have?

Post subject: Re: In all probability...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:56 pm 
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello,

How about a god who requires you to abstain from alcohol in order to receive Celestial glory, but figures it's ok to sell it via his adherents & business interests?

Think about it. Alcohol is enough to keep you from being a god, but it's ok to sell the drug to the rest of his creations.

Oh my.

V/R
Dr. Cam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 pm 
God

Simon Belmont wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Hello,

How about a god who requires you to abstain from alcohol in order to receive Celestial glory, but figures it's ok to sell it via his adherents & business interests?

Think about it. Alcohol is enough to keep you from being a god, but it's ok to sell the drug to the rest of his creations.

Oh my.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Universal Rule 4 says: "Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post."

I think that Belmont's habitual insertions of boring non-posts into threads of which he (apparently) disapproves looks like a violation of this rule.

Christopher Ralph: The discovery that the creators of South Park place a higher value on historical authenticity than do the Brethren creates spiritual shock-waves from which some members never recover.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:13 pm 
Chap wrote:
Universal Rule 4 says: "Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post."

I think that Belmont's habitual insertions of boring non-posts into threads of which he (apparently) disapproves looks like a violation of this rule.

The question leads directly into an on-topic question.

The judge should allow it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 pm 
God

The OP:

sock puppet wrote:
Recently I started a thread, the title of which asked Is God intentionally obtuse?

A refinement of that question is would god really render his restored, one true church to be under such improbabilities that no one that rationally thinks about it would be joining?

• Restore this church to the earth through a glass-looker for hire and was brought up on charges for it
  • Gold plates that its okay for 11 other people besides JSJr to see, but not to others that might be considering whether to join
  • translate those plates with a magic stone inside the crown of a hat with JSJr's head face down in it
  • obliterate all archaeological evidence of the existence of the peoples discussed in the gold plates
  • reinstitute much from the Old Testament, about 1800 years after the messiah had already come and displaced the OT with new teachings
  • restore the story of Abraham via Egyptian papyri that did not mention Abraham
  • leave work papers (KEP) that show how parts of the Book of Abraham were being developed
  • the prophet of this restoration cannot discern Kinderhook Plates to be the planted phonies they were
  • reinstitute OT polygamy contrary to the first "religious" text produced and contrary to D&C 132 revealed requirements
  • threaten the restoration prophet with his life if he does not practice polygamy behind the back of his legally wedded wife

The probabilities of any one of these things is slight; factored together they are infinitesimally beyond comprehension.

So why would god want people that use their supposedly god-given minds to dismiss all this as having no realistic possibility? and only those that ignore their powers of reason to accept it?

What does that prove to god? How does that serve god's purposes? Is this really a test to see who will do the illogical thing?

Christopher Ralph: The discovery that the creators of South Park place a higher value on historical authenticity than do the Brethren creates spiritual shock-waves from which some members never recover.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm 
\m/ \m/

Simon Belmont wrote:
Chap wrote:

The question leads directly into an on-topic question.

The judge should allow it.

Counsel (Simon), I'll give you the opportunity to re-state your question so that it shows some relevancy to the OP. Otherwise, Chap's objection is sustained. And the witness, Dr CamNC4Me, is instructed to only answer Simon's question is re-stated so that it shows some tie-in to the OP.

words lose their original meaning in Mormonism when the evidence doesn't support the definition of the word. Craig Paxton

So as white lard is pumped into a Twinkie, God so fills your soul with joy? Gadianton