It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Exmo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:17 am 
God

Droopy,

I'm going to try to reach beyond the posturing and explain why I found your sexually suggestive verse about me offensive and wanted it removed.

I am a 53 year old mother of three and grandmother of one. I raised my children as a single mother, although I had the support of my loving LDS family and my wonderful fiancé, whom I consider my soulmate, and without whom I would be emotionally bereft. My fiancé and I have been together in a committed, monogamous, faithful, and loving relationship for 13 years. Although I consider him to be more of a husband than my "real" ex-husband ever was, we have not gotten legally married for financial and career-related reasons. One day we will likely formalize our relationship, although partly due to the fact that we both suffered truly horrendous marriages, we are not anxious and eager to do so. We are content with our relationship as it is.

When you imply that I am sexually promiscuous, I resent it - not just for me, but for my fiancé. I know there are some people on this board who enjoy engaging in sexually suggestive banter with one another, but I don't. I feel that would disrespect my fiancé. That's not to say that I'm a prude - I find human sexuality endlessly interesting, and will discuss or even joke about it at times, but that is far different than behaving in a sexually "inviting" and potentially promiscuous fashion.

My impression of you is that you believe that women who leave the LDS church become sexually immoral and promiscuous. My further impression of you is that you enjoy thinking about that.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 am 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Droopy,

I hope you realize that you're going to have to repent for your disgusting behavior here. Apart from your obvious misogyny, you attempt to attack Consig on the basis of his "not fitting in" on the aptly named MADboard (or something like that), which is sort of odd, since there is no way that these dumb song parodies would fly on that board. Or would they?

I think it's worth asking whether or not Droopy's resentment of exmo women is indicative of larger trends within the Church. I wonder if his inability to man up and admit he was wrong is in some way related to being part of a partriarchal "priesthood culture."

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:49 am 
I don't speak for eveyone, Consig, but I am under no impression that Mormonism leads one to behave as Droppy is choosing behave. I do not think religion helps or hurts that much. He would be acting like a jerk were he exMormon as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 am 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Droopy,

I hope you realize that you're going to have to repent for your disgusting behavior here. Apart from your obvious misogyny, you attempt to attack Consig on the basis of his "not fitting in" on the aptly named MADboard (or something like that), which is sort of odd, since there is no way that these dumb song parodies would fly on that board. Or would they?

I think it's worth asking whether or not Droopy's resentment of exmo women is indicative of larger trends within the Church. I wonder if his inability to man up and admit he was wrong is in some way related to being part of a partriarchal "priesthood culture."

I don't think we can generalize in that way from Droopy's behavior. Most LDS men don't behave in this fashion, IMO, which is why people like Droopy and Will "make a name for themselves." I can only think of one other LDS believer, on ZLMB, who used to do this, and I objected to it back then, as well. I think the LDS men who act this way have their own personal "issues." Those issues may be related to Mormonism in some way, but I've never had the impression that the LDS church would condone speaking in rude sexual innuendos to any woman, exmo or not.

Now certainly there is plenty of baggage that goes along with patriarchy - no argument there.

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:52 am 
Yep, it's one thing for guys to get a little nasty with other guys because we guys have locker room experience and guys are guys. But when a guy offends a gal as Droopy has done there is only one proper recourse: Quickly make amends and watch yourself.

I'm sure Beastie understands locker room nastiness that guys often dabble in because we get a kick out of it but would have been totally satisfied if Droopy had simply withdrawn her name and moved on. I never realized how much Droopy is a boy! Grow up Droopy!! You're a boy!

Paul O

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:34 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Droopy,

I suspected it would only be so long before the crown prince of intellectual crime here showed up to save the damsel in distress.

The Bride of Frankenstein and her creator, all together in one forum.

Singular.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:38 pm 
Droopy, I sent you a PM. Did you see it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:46 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
Runtu, go drill a hole in yourself and let the sap run out.

Please...

Let's see, you're so devoid of original thoughts that you have to dig back some 80 years to steal someone else's witty retort.

And for what? The rhetorical equivalent of "but .. but ..."

Forgive me for finding borrowed wit less than impressive. It just shows your original wit, such as it is, in a brighter light.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
Probably because you tend to be a perfect, narcissistic, self important ass with a grossly exaggerated estimation of your own intellectual capabilities.

Oh, the irony.

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:01 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Who is winning the race to the bottom: OCDroopyCoggins, BSspace, or Schryver?

Tough call, I know.

While you're contemplating your answer, let's take another look at self-described intellectual and constitutional scholar Droopy telling me that "liberty" comes from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

Darth J wrote:
The takings clause of the 5th Amendment and the 14th Amendment would be completely meaningless unless it is assumed that judges should make reference to outside law for defining property interests. When Droopy is saying that a person does not have a "right" in any salient constitutional sense to things that the state has established as legitimate property or liberty interests, he is saying that the 14th Amendment is not part of the Constitution.

Droopy wrote:
It is not an unalienable right, in the sense of the other such rights mentioned in the Declaration (which its interesting you should mention here, as the Declaration is not a legal document).....

United States Constitution, 5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

United States Constitution, 14th Amendment:

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm 
God

To support my contention that this is not the first time Droopy has made sexual innuendos towards female posters on this site, here's a link to a post from Moniker, sharing the repeated sexual references Droopy made about her.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6111&view=next

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm 
God

Eventually this is going to catch up to you Beastie.

You're shriveled little soul is on borrowed time.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:34 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

So linking to a post wherein Moniker did nothing but directly quote your own words is going to "catch up to me?"

I'm going to ignore that last sentence altogether, for more than one obvious reason.

Penn & Teller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:36 pm 
Droopy?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 pm 
God

beastie wrote:
Droopy wrote:

So linking to a post wherein Moniker did nothing but directly quote your own words is going to "catch up to me?"

I'm going to ignore that last sentence altogether, for more than one obvious reason.

I already pointed out that I never made any sexual innuendos regarding her. I told you what I did (how many years ago was this?) and what I apologized for.

Never at any time did I, beyond that one incident, which was not an innuendo, do any such thing. Nor do I have any history of doing such.

Amazing what exists under flat rocks. Entire worlds.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:40 pm 
God

I'd like you to post that Moniker thread here, so I can look at it, because I can't access it.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:47 pm 
God

Quote:
If you can work yourself into the same h&^$%y froth as moniker, you will be able to "not think too much about it" as she does.

Yeah, that was no innuendo, but a reference to Moniker's longstanding penchant for indulging herself in sexual discussions at the time.

OK, I've got your game now Beastie.

Anything you can make work, you'll make work.

I'm going to have to do a full reinstall of my hard drive just to decontaminate it after this discussion.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:49 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Droopy wrote:
Anything you can make work, you'll make work.

And to top it all off, he insinuates that beastie is a Mormon apologist.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:06 pm 
God

Darth J wrote:
Who is winning the race to the bottom: OCDroopyCoggins, BSspace, or Schryver?

Tough call, I know.

While you're contemplating your answer, let's take another look at self-described intellectual and constitutional scholar Droopy telling me that "liberty" comes from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

One will immediately notice that what this egregious hack has linked to nowhere says liberty comes from the Declaration. Scratch's shadow is cast yet again. All that does is point out that this is where they are mentioned, and their unalienability is stated as a first principle.

Our unalienable liberties come from our creator. They are inherent endowments, independent of and preexisting the state. The state exists only to guarantee and preserve those rights, and for no other fundamental reason.

Quote:
The takings clause of the 5th Amendment and the 14th Amendment would be completely meaningless unless it is assumed that judges should make reference to outside law for defining property interests. When Droopy is saying that a person does not have a "right" in any salient constitutional sense to things that the state has established as legitimate property or liberty interests, he is saying that the 14th Amendment is not part of the Constitution.

If the state has not established such upon a legitimate constitutional basis, all such case law is substantively void (though it may be "legal").

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:19 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:
I'd like you to post that Moniker thread here, so I can look at it, because I can't access it.

Why wouldn't you be able to access it?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6349&hilit=Split+from+Gay+Marriage

The context of the thread was that Moniker had finally had enough of droopy's constant insulting of her, particular the insults with sexual innuendos. And, predictably, Droopy denied having used sexual innuendo to insult her, as he is denying the same with me.

I know this is an immense waste of time, but I need a break from painting my living room.

The thread that, for some odd reason, Droopy cannot access: (to save time, I’m dispensing with quote boxes)

Moniker
Missed this. I suppose since this thread has morphed into Fascist Italy and ping pong insults with Coggies I can reply....
I enjoy it 'cause you often tell me I'm essentially a stupid slut.

Droopy
You are now either lying through your pointed teeth or are projecting onto me some unfinished psychological business of your own. I have never once come close to calling you anything approaching that. Never. One time, and one time only, I made an insinuation, which I apologized for and which you accepted. That was that.

Moniker
When did you apologize to me? What insinuation are you referring to? I can't recall allll of them!
You may need to check out what psychological issues you have that you repeatedly make remarks that are rude and demeaning to women (and men) on this website.

Observe: (all the following are quotes from Droopy)
Who's that rolling on the floor
With a centerfold plastered to the door
Well its her again, posting here some more
Well she'll be luscious tonight if she can
'Least were not talkin' 'bout the Priesthood ban

I'm talkin' 'bout

Moniker, wearin' us out
Monkier, she writhes about
Moniker she's a wild thing

I burnt my cupcakes!

Gotta take it all in stride
Its not the usual case of pride
But what she don't understand
Mormons take a stand
Gonna need a shot of IBC
When Dr. Kinsey is finished with me

I'm talkin' 'bout

Monkier, your a real stray cat
Moniker don't know where your at
Moniker such a liberal child

Don't lick those cupcakes!

I could sit and write a book
'Bout all the liberties you took
When you're old and grey
You'll still be tryin' to play
But the Penthouse is covered with dust
Its on to the Temple or bust

I'm talkin' to

Moniker, let it all hang out
Moniker, don't sit and pout
Moniker you drive the exmos wild

Where are my cupcakes?

Moniker, scorching the net
Monker, with horns on her head
All your friends are gonna be there too

They'll want some cupcakes!

Yes, you're the one who used to dance naked around a pole for drooling construction workers and leering married executives while us TBMs were home trapped in the stultifying bondage of marriage, family, and early morning Seminary.

If you can work yourself into the same horny froth as moniker, you will be able to "not think too much about it" as she does.

Leave it to moniker to introduce the joys of anal sex into this. From one jaundiced perversion to another.

Well I'll tell you Hef, its called love, respect, and concern for the happiness and fulfillment of the other. its called communication Hef, something many moderns, with their fifty percent divorce rates, know how to do with their sexual organs but not with their hearts or minds.

(Moniker’s aside: ~You actually used the "Hef" numerous times, yet, I don't want to copy and paste each one.)

As an ex stripper, you surely must understand that concept, as the places you danced at were top loaded with individuals with precisely that temperament.

Let's change the focus of this thread, shall we (say don't you notice its always the same lefties and cultural libertines who are drawn to threads about sex and masturbation. Beastie, Moniker, Schmo, B&L, Harmony (oh, and Coffecat, she really liked porn...).

Drag 20 dollars through a trailer park and who knows what you'll find..

And obviously way, way, way over your head.

Moniker
Here, just look at this entire page and it is NOTHING but you insulting me in a thread for NO purpose whatsoever! You entered the thread and made a statement that was for no purpose other than to insult me (on the first page) and wasn't even relevant to what was being discussed.

http://mormondiscussions.com/discuss/vi ... r&start=84

droopy
You perhaps should have payed far less attention to what you've heard on CNN and learned in college and done much more of your own thinking and learning.

Moniker
The above is your usual retort -- you say this to me, and most people all the time. When I take all of your behavior together you often speak about me as a stupid slut, essentially. If we're having a conversation why is a poster's educational level, past profession, "perverse" sexuality, or anything else not relevant to the topic even brought up?

I recognize that you insult pretty much everyone, yet, I seriously wonder if you just don't recognize how much you do? I can only do self depreciation and wit for so long. Especially after I personally asked you off the boards to please consider refraining from some of your comments because they were embarrassing, to me. You deleted a few on one thread and then you just started right back in. Anyway.

On that thread, Droopy apologized for those posts, saying this:

Quote:
I'm not insulting anyone in this manner anymore, or doing songs, and I apologized for it and that's that. Yet, if I think someone's mind has been destroyed, by their public school education, the MSM, or simply by not taking very much care for its health and safety, I'm going to say so. I don't mean r******* or of low intelligence, I mean destroyed--corrupted.

I'm quite sorry for all those posts, and it will not be repeated again.

As with his other apologies, this one was meaningless.

Penn & Teller

Last edited by beastie on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:30 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Droopy wrote:

If the state has not established such upon a legitimate constitutional basis,

United States Constitution, Amendment 10:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The states have a legitimate constitutional basis to do whatever they want that is not delegated to Los Federales nor prohibited to the States. But do go on, OCDroppy. You were saying something about knowing what you're talking about.

Quote:
all such case law is substantively void (though it may be "legal").

That's right. The law can be void but still legal.

Tomorrow, we'll talk about how circles are squares.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next