It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Atlas Shrugged vs. the Standard Works
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 am 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Really? Why thinkest thou so?

Asserting blatantly wrong things strikes me as good reason.
Quote:
Who would be the “ideal person,” in your judgment?

Someone who understands Rand and the concepts they are using to criticize her with. If you know anyone like that, feel free to invite them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:19 am 
God

dissonance:
Quote:
What, exactly, are you including in your "Law of the Celestial Kingdom"?

You are, without a doubt, the most doctrinally ignorant would-be Mormon I have ever observed in my life. Talking with someone like you about these things is not something I'm interested in doing. I'd rather hit myself repeatedly in the head with a framing hammer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 am 
God

William Schryver wrote:
dissonance:
Quote:

You are, without a doubt, the most doctrinally ignorant would-be Mormon I have ever observed in my life. Talking with someone like you about these things is not something I'm interested in doing. I'd rather hit myself repeatedly in the head with a framing hammer.

Not everyone here or lurking knows what you're talking about, Will. Explain what you mean, or don't, but don't make assumptions about my knowledge, when you are unwilling to explain what you mean.

And don't forget the other 2 questions (which you ignored, I see.) Let me put them all up again, just so you don't forget what was asked:

harmony wrote:

What, exactly, are you saying qualifies as "personal and societal advancement"?

And what, exactly, are you using as the example on which you base this broad assertion?

Put up or shut up, Will.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 pm 
God

EAllusion wrote:
William Schryver wrote:
Really? Why thinkest thou so?

Asserting blatantly wrong things strikes me as good reason.
Quote:
Who would be the “ideal person,” in your judgment?

Someone who understands Rand and the concepts they are using to criticize her with. If you know anyone like that, feel free to invite them.

You're so pathetically predictable! :lol:

"Look at me, I'm a cultured academic, and I understand Rand objectivism and its relationship to economic philosophy better than any freaking stupid Mormon."

OK, genius, we submit to your superior intellect in this and all things.

Have I ever mentioned how much I intend to enjoy the apostate barbecue at the last day? Hot dogs (Hebrew National, of course), marshmallows, and a handful of M80s just to stir up the coals from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:08 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Have I ever mentioned how much I intend to enjoy the apostate barbecue at the last day?

Yes, you have, but there's no need to keep reminding us how impotent you really feel. We get it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 pm 
God

dissonance wrote:
Put up or shut up, Will.

You're the toughest talking blowhard of a ____ I've ever seen.

"Grrrrrrr ... put up or shut up! Grrrrrrr ... I'm so intimidating when I snarl ..."

:lol:!

OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom:

D&C 78
D&C 82
D&C 104
4 Ne. 2-16
Moses 7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm 
God

:lol:

William S. wrote:

"OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom"

Too funny - I love these Christ like statements.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:39 pm 
God

karl61 wrote:
:lol:

William S. wrote:

"OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom"

Too funny - I love these Christ like statements.

You mean like this one:

Quote:
I have trodden the wine-press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me; and I have trampled them in my fury, and I did tread upon them in mine anger, and their blood have I sprinkled upon my garments, and stained all my raiment; for this was the day of vengeance which was in my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 pm 
Founder & Visionary

William Schryver wrote:

With comments like that, it looks like you'll be in the barbecue at the last day:

Matthew 5:22 wrote:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

--Gadianton, 01-20-2019

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
William Schryver wrote:

With comments like that, it looks like you'll be in the barbecue at the last day:

Matthew 5:22 wrote:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I don't think so.

I didn't call her a "raca," now did I? And she certainly ain't my brother, is she?

And she certainly meets every qualification of "____" that I've ever known of ...

Quote:
Proverbs 8

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

Besides, as I've indicated previously, I have my calling and election made sure. I'd have to shed innocent blood to fall from my exaltation at this point. And we both know I ain't gonna find any of that here.
Edit: By the way, when do I get my certificate of Godhood, and the party that goes with it?

What, are you gonna discriminate against me just because I'm so popular here?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:06 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Quote:
I have trodden the wine-press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me; and I have trampled them in my fury, and I did tread upon them in mine anger, and their blood have I sprinkled upon my garments, and stained all my raiment; for this was the day of vengeance which was in my heart.

Wow... so he really was an imperfect dick at times, huh? Interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm 
God

Quote:
Quote:

Wow... so he really was an imperfect dick at times, huh? Interesting.

This, of course, is a prophecy of things yet to come.

In other words, it's your entrails he'll be squishing between his toes.

Pretty gruesome, huh?

You see, I don't need to feel impotent at all. I've long since granted that He is much better qualified to exact vengeance upon the deserving. Like you apostates, for example. And I've never seen anything that leads me to believe that I won't be permitted to grab a large Dr. Pepper and a bucket of popcorn to watch the show. It's gonna be the best action thriller of all time. I don't plan on missing a moment of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 pm 
Founder & Visionary

William Schryver wrote:
I didn't call her a "raca," now did I? And she certainly ain't my brother, is she?

Yeah. I'm sure Jesus was referring only to those two literal words. There's no chance he was referring to the spirit of the law.

Quote:
Besides, as I've indicated previously, I have my calling and election made sure.

Why on earth would you think that? You don't qualify.

Quote:
I'd have to shed innocent blood to fall from my exaltation at this point. And we both know I ain't gonna find any of that here.

So you'd feel perfectly justified killing anyone here?

--Gadianton, 01-20-2019

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 pm 
Star B

William Schryver wrote:
I've long since granted that He is much better qualified to exact vengeance upon the deserving. Like you apostates, for example. And I've never seen anything that leads me to believe that I won't be permitted to grab a large Dr. Pepper and a bucket of popcorn to watch the show. It's gonna be the best action thriller of all time. I don't plan on missing a moment of it.

The ultimate fantasy of Mormons - hoping they'll be able to watch everyone else 'burn' while thinking 'told ya so'. There has to be some reward for following so many pointless rules, while everyone else gets to enjoy life - right, right?

Enjoy the fantasy William - I won't hold it against you if that's what gives joy to an otherwise miserable life. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 pm 
World's Top Zion Scientist

William Schryver wrote:
Besides, as I've indicated previously, I have my calling and election made sure.

Well, this is interesting. How the crap do you figure this. I can prove you a liar in seconds. I bet a ton of biscuits you will not take up the challenge. Care to prove your claim?

I will only use one leg to stand on. And half my brain tied behind my back. How can you refuse.

Everyone: please taunt this liar until he engages in the battle of the MADE SURE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 pm 
God

Shades:
Quote:
You don't qualify.

I think you don’t have the slightest idea what the qualifications are. Feel free to attempt to prove me wrong.

Quote:
So you'd feel perfectly justified killing anyone here?

I cannot imagine what would make you think such a thing.

And, quite to the contrary, I am filled with an overwhelming sense of brotherly love every time I come here.

Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that—sooner or later—filthy rotten apostates are gonna burn to a crisp. So I’m here to enjoy your company for the little while you have left.

Now what about my Certificate of Godhood? You gonna deny me my due just because I occasionally remind you all of your certain (and increasingly imminent) apostate fate? That doesn’t sound like something the good Dr. Shades would do. :wink:
TBSkeptic:
Quote:
The ultimate fantasy of Mormons - hoping they'll be able to watch everyone else 'burn' while thinking 'told ya so'.

Truth be told, it’s actually quite far down on my personal list of “ultimate fantasies.” Still, it is one of those shows you really wouldn’t want to miss if at all possible.

Quote:
There has to be some reward for following so many pointless rules, while everyone else gets to enjoy life - right, right?

The ultimate fantasy of apostates—believing that faithful Mormons are burdened and miserable by their adherence to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that they (the apostates, that is) are—presumably on account of the simple act of renouncing their former faith—now able to “enjoy life” such as they never could previously.

Quote:
Enjoy the fantasy William - I won't hold it against you if that's what gives joy to an otherwise miserable life.

Altrettanto!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 pm 
God

Nightlion wrote:
William Schryver wrote:

Well, this is interesting. How the crap do you figure this. I can prove you a liar in seconds. I bet a ton of biscuits you will not take up the challenge. Care to prove your claim?

I will only use one leg to stand on. And half my brain tied behind my back. How can you refuse.

Everyone: please taunt this liar until he engages in the battle of the MADE SURE

:lol:!

The village idiot is going to tie half his brain behind his back and stand on one leg.

I just love physical comedy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
In other words, it's your entrails he'll be squishing between his toes.

Pretty gruesome, huh?

Well, you can be.

But for some reason, when I hear about all the awful things that are going to be done to me by the apparently sweet loving Jesus, it has absolutely no impact. It's like being told, "If you don't eat your vegetables, the big green vegetable monster is going to eat you!" Such stories stopped scaring me when I was a young child. I wonder how anyone over the age of 10 with even the slightest functioning cognitive ability can't see how moronic it all is. How can adult who believes this sort of children's story expect to be taken seriously?

William Schryver wrote:
You see, I don't need to feel impotent at all.

I never claimed you needed to, but you obviously do. You can't actually punish me for what you perceive to be my sins yourself, so you relish the fantasy that your big brother's going to do it for you. It's pitiable and pathetic.

William Schryver wrote:
I've long since granted that He is much better qualified to exact vengeance upon the deserving. Like you apostates, for example. And I've never seen anything that leads me to believe that I won't be permitted to grab a large Dr. Pepper and a bucket of popcorn to watch the show. It's gonna be the best action thriller of all time. I don't plan on missing a moment of it.

Of course you haven't seen anything that leads you to believe... whatever. You're still enamored by your religious fantasies. Who needs reality when your fantasy life is so fulfilling, right Will?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:52 pm 
Valiant B

harmony wrote:

I am pleased that you have shown an interest in learning more about LDS belief. I hope you find the sources available at the below link to be helpful in your pursuit of knowledge and truth.

LDS.org Search Results: Law of the Celestial Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm 
God

Schmo:
Quote:
You can't actually punish me for what you perceive to be my sins yourself …

Oh how mistaken you are!

You see, I don’t care in the least about your bawdy sins. Nor am I interested in whatever “punishment” they might merit.

No, what fills me with the thrill of anticipation is the thought of the mighty Jehovah finally smacking down the pride and haughty looks of the arrogant bastards, like you, who have been mocking the Saints from the balconies of the great and spacious building since time immemorial. I couldn’t care less what they do behind the closed doors of their penthouse suites. But I am greatly offended—viscerally outraged—at how the meek and humble followers of Christ have been mocked and ridiculed throughout the ages by people like those of you who continue the apostate tradition on this message board.

The Lord has patiently enjoined His Saints to leave vengeance to Him. And we have patiently done so.

Quote:
In all their afflictions he was afflicted.

But soon our patience will be rewarded:
Quote:
And now the year of my redeemed is come; and they shall mention the loving kindness of their Lord, and all that he has bestowed upon them according to his goodness, and according to his loving kindness, forever and ever.

And to you and your kind, He will say:
Quote:
In that day when I came unto mine own, no man among you received me … When I called … there was none of you to answer; yet my arm was not shortened at all that I could not redeem, neither my power to deliver. Behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea. I make the rivers a wilderness; their fish stink, and die for thirst. I clothe the heavens with blackness, and make sackcloth their covering.

And this shall ye have of my hand—ye shall lie down in sorrow.

… there are none to deliver you; for ye obeyed not my voice when I called to you out of the heavens; ye believed not my servants, and when they were sent unto you ye received them not. Wherefore, they sealed up the testimony and bound up the law, and ye were delivered over unto darkness … where there is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

And no one will be able to claim they weren’t warned beforehand …

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 pm 
God

William Schryver wrote:
Schmo:
Quote:
You can't actually punish me for what you perceive to be my sins yourself …

Oh how mistaken you are!

You see, I don’t care in the least about your bawdy sins. Nor am I interested in whatever “punishment” they might merit.

No, what fills me with the thrill of anticipation is the thought of the mighty Jehovah finally smacking down the pride and haughty looks of the arrogant bastards, like you, who have been mocking the Saints from the balconies of the great and spacious building since time immemorial. I couldn’t care less what they do behind the closed doors of their penthouse suites. But I am greatly offended—viscerally outraged—at how the meek and humble followers of Christ have been mocked and ridiculed throughout the ages by people like those of you who continue the apostate tradition on this message board.

LOL

So you don't care about my sins but you thrill at the anticipation of me being smacked down for them because you're greatly offended by them.

Un huh. Consistent much?

"I couldn't care less about penguins, no really... but they should all die... die... DIE!!!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next