It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for the Hughies
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:45 pm 
God

antishock8 wrote:
"The Nehor" has NEVER attempted serious apologia. He is lying. His response to this post will be more of the same.

I challenge "The Nehor" to a substantive debate on any topic in the Celestial forum in order for him to back up his claims of being a serious apologist at one time or another. He can pick the topic.

Very well, I challenge you to a debate on Joseph Smith being a reptilian. You take 'for', I'll take 'against'. Do you accept the challenge?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:04 pm 
Master Mahan

Jason Bourne wrote:
Quote:
No, The Nehor. Sadly, you misread it back then, and you are misreading it now. I said that to you either in jest, or to manipulate you (or even more likely: both). I have never thought you were "one of the good ones." I have always thought that you were a substance-free dweeb. Sorry, but that's just my honest .02. Please don't let that stop you from (finally!) attempting to contribute something of sincerity, intelligence, and substance.

Scratch

May I ask, did you just admit that you in your posting you attempt to manipulate people?

No. That's not what I said.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm 
Master Mahan

The Nehor wrote:
This is the best post ever. Scratch admitted publicly that he lies to manipulate people. He is backpedaling and admitted it...publicly.

:cool: Nice try, The Nehor. Actually, that's not what I said at all. And, I have no need to backpedal---unlike you, who still hasn't managed to provide a single shred of evidence regarding your supposed sincerity and seriousness.

Quote:
This is a serious and disturbing admission and makes one question the validity of everything he has ever said. Why, it makes one question that his conspiracy theories may not even have been arrived at in good faith. To those who find this shocking (Hi Gadianton) I ask only that we observe a moment of silence as this great man is revealed as a fraud to us all.

:cry:

Lol. Well, The Nehor, I know that you are still very angry at me. You are mad because I manipulated you into losing your cool, and your frustration takes you back to the bitter days during your mission when your butt was handed to you by Church critics. But, you shouldn't allow yourself to lose your temper, The Nehor. It's un-Christlike.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm 
Hermit

Quote:
Lol. Well, The Nehor, I know that you are still very angry at me. You are mad because I manipulated you into losing your cool, and your frustration takes you back to the bitter days during your mission when your butt was handed to you by Church critics. But, you shouldn't allow yourself to lose your temper, The Nehor. It's un-Christlike.

I'd also like to add that The Nehor is still young, and can change. He doesn't have to follow the path of the apologist. The anger doesn't have to control his life. Given the fact there is little evidence The Nehor is on a path to achieving an advanced degree in something "ancient" related, his chances are very slim of ever becoming a senior apologist, so if he continues on this course, he may wake up one day to find himself the next Schryver. Devoted, angry, unrecognized, addicted to coffee, and always feeling old.

No fully paid trips to Alaska in your future, Nehor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:47 pm 
Savior (resurrected)

Runtu wrote:
It's that time again, time to make your nominations for the apologists who stand out in their field.

At MADb?

Angriest apologist: Pahoran

Least substantive apologist: Hmmm... too many to choose from. Lostindc, zerinus, obiwan

Rube Goldberg award for most convoluted attempt at apologia:

Lifetime achievement in hubris: Matthew Brown (Helorum/098)

Most predictable apologist: Zerinus

Most embarrassing apologist: Zerinus, Lostindc, obiwah

Most intelligent apologist: Kevin Barney

Apologist whose posts you enjoy reading: Dan Peterson

Most honest apologist: The Monk, Kevin Barney

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 pm 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
This is the best post ever. Scratch admitted publicly that he lies to manipulate people. He is backpedaling and admitted it...publicly.

:cool: Nice try, The Nehor. Actually, that's not what I said at all. And, I have no need to backpedal---unlike you, who still hasn't managed to provide a single shred of evidence regarding your supposed sincerity and seriousness.

Quote:
This is a serious and disturbing admission and makes one question the validity of everything he has ever said. Why, it makes one question that his conspiracy theories may not even have been arrived at in good faith. To those who find this shocking (Hi Gadianton) I ask only that we observe a moment of silence as this great man is revealed as a fraud to us all.

:cry:

May I ask what you did say then?

Will you write my biography for me. Luckily you don't need things like sources or a passing knowledge of my life. Should save time in the writing. Oh, and I categorically deny everything you said about my past except that I went on a Mission.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 pm 
God

Gadianton wrote:
I'd also like to add that The Nehor is still young, and can change. He doesn't have to follow the path of the apologist. The anger doesn't have to control his life. Given the fact there is little evidence The Nehor is on a path to achieving an advanced degree in something "ancient" related, his chances are very slim of ever becoming a senior apologist, so if he continues on this course, he may wake up one day to find himself the next Schryver. Devoted, angry, unrecognized, addicted to coffee, and always feeling old.

No fully paid trips to Alaska in your future, Nehor.

Thank you toadie of Scratch but your master has already spoken. No need to be repetitive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:28 pm 
God

Quote:
Scratch

Quote:
May I ask, did you just admit that you in your posting you attempt to manipulate people?

No. That's not what I said.

You said:
Quote:
I said that to you either in jest, or to manipulate you (or even more likely: both).

How can that be more plain? You confessed to deliberately manipulating someone here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:10 pm 
Master Mahan

No, Jason, I was guessing about a nearly two-year-old thread. I elaborated upon this in the "Set apart" thread. Feel free to read it and get up-to-speed. In the meantime, you may want to look in the mirror, since it's transparently obvious that you are now attempting to manipulate *me* into changing my posting habits, admitting my evil ways, etc. That's not very nice, Jason.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:29 am 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
No, Jason, I was guessing about a nearly two-year-old thread. I elaborated upon this in the "Set apart" thread. Feel free to read it and get up-to-speed. In the meantime, you may want to look in the mirror, since it's transparently obvious that you are now attempting to manipulate *me* into changing my posting habits, admitting my evil ways, etc. That's not very nice, Jason.

Oh Scratch you are the master at manipulation.

Keep it up old chap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 pm 
God

Jason and Nehor, you guys really need to lighten up on Scratch. It's got to be tough without DCP. Scratch was yin and DCP was yang. With Scratch's yang gone, he is incomplete. His life is suddenly unfulfilled and largely void of any meaning. He is in a dark place trying to escape. That's why he lashes out at you, when deep down he just wants to be accepted and loved.

He wishfully longs for the days of yore when an anonymous source would inform him of some juicy skinny-L tidbit and he would immediately post it and begin a long dialog with DCP. Now, he gets a new tidbit of information from his anonymous sources and giddily jumps on the computer to post it, only to be crushed when he realizes that DCP will not be there to answer. The other end of the line has gone silent.

We need to give Scratch some space during this difficult time. He desires mightily to make a change in his life. Maybe Scratch will stop watching the 40 yr old virgin over and over and crying his eyes out each time. Maybe he will take some time off from his Internet pursuits and finally find his first girlfriend. Maybe, hope beyond hope, someone, or even an animal, will find it within themselves to love Scratch. If Scratch could only experience someone actually loving him for who he is and not for the usual payment of $60, then all the pain from his past - the popular girls making fun of him, being saran wrapped to a pole in high school, the chronic acne, breastfeeding until he was four, the cruel nickname "wedgie" - will be washed away.

Let's all do what we can to support Scratch at this difficult time. Let's not tear him down and reinforce all those things his parents, teachers, and pretty much everyone that knew him told him when he was growing up. Let's be the ones to show him the love he so desparately cries out for.

Scratch you are good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone-it, people like you!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:14 pm 
Master Mahan

Thanks, 007, I really needed that. According to my TBM critics, I am apparently a lonely, "modestly endowed" Gollum-type individual who also (apparently) never seems to age beyond the age of 16. Of course, you know nothing about me, so your musings really reveal more about you and your assumptions then they do about me. How that must gall you! In any event, it's really refreshing to see what the LDS Church does to people who would (presumably) be otherwise normal, polite, civil people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:23 pm 
God

Wait a minute Scratch....isn't hyperbole coming from the injured party what you always called DCP on? Does this mean you're becoming what you despise. The enemy flees and you become the enemy.

I don't feel bad making stuff up about you. It's what you do to everyone else. We just had a thread that was nothing more then you speculating with extreme gravity about a practice you've never witnessed, never had a source on, and have no reason to believe exists yet you speculate on it and accept it as given fact.

I realize you're upset but that's no reason to start getting defensive and whining.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 pm 
I have seen what I believe is a good side to Mister Scratch. The only problem is, and I'm not sure if he realises this - his anonymity works against him as much as it works for him. In order to understand someone, people need to associate with a real person, not just an image and a moniker. Scratch has revealed next to nothing about himself, and he is entitled to keep this privacy, but unfortunately it also works against him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:34 pm 
God

Mister Scratch wrote:
Thanks, 007, I really needed that.

Anytime, anytime. We all know you really needed it.

Mister Scratch wrote:
According to my TBM critics, I am apparently a lonely, "modestly endowed" Gollum-type individual who also (apparently) never seems to age beyond the age of 16.

Scratch you really have to move beyond your adolesence. If you keep dredging up your modestly endowed "Gollum" years, you won't be able to move on and find the inner peace that you so earnestly seek. We want to help you. Please don't push us away like you have so many others.

Mister Scratch wrote:
Of course, you know nothing about me, so your musings really reveal more about you and your assumptions then they do about me.

More pushing away. You really need to drop the tough guy act. You are not a rock, nor an island. Sooner or later you will need to let someone into that tough old shell of yours.

Mister Scratch wrote:
How that must gall you! In any event, it's really refreshing to see what the LDS Church does to people who would (presumably) be otherwise normal, polite, civil people.

Scratch, let go of the hate. You need to move beyond your hatred of the LDS Church and the "law of chastity" that held you back so much that you are now permanently scarred. Please, do it for your own good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:48 pm 
dblagent007 wrote:
If Scratch could only experience someone actually loving him for who he is and not for the usual payment of $60, then all the pain from his past - the popular girls making fun of him, being saran wrapped to a pole in high school, the chronic acne, breastfeeding until he was four, the cruel nickname "wedgie" - will be washed away.

Sounds to me like you're reflecting your own experiences.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:29 am 
God

Ray A wrote:
dblagent007 wrote:
If Scratch could only experience someone actually loving him for who he is and not for the usual payment of $60, then all the pain from his past - the popular girls making fun of him, being saran wrapped to a pole in high school, the chronic acne, breastfeeding until he was four, the cruel nickname "wedgie" - will be washed away.

Sounds to me like you're reflecting your own experiences.

Hmm, I did saran wrap a kid to a pole once (Scratch your real name isn't Mike is it?).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 am 
Founder & Visionary

dblagent007 wrote:
You need to move beyond your hatred of the LDS Church and the "law of chastity" that held you back so much that you are now permanently scarred.

You must be mistaking Mister Scratch for me.

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
dblagent007 wrote:
You need to move beyond your hatred of the LDS Church and the "law of chastity" that held you back so much that you are now permanently scarred.

You must be mistaking Mister Scratch for me.

Or are you the same person?

Dun....Dun....Dun...............

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:43 pm 
Founder & Visionary

The Nehor wrote:

Nope, we're not. I'm an administrator around here; why would I need to hide behind a sock-puppet?

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

Nope, we're not. I'm an administrator around here; why would I need to hide behind a sock-puppet?

Why do people dress up on Halloween? Because it's fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next