These people will suffer forever!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
Son of Perdition

These people will suffer forever!

Post by Shulem »

The Three Kingdoms of Heaven Chapter 26

"The people who will be with Satan learned about Jesus and His gospel while they were on earth. The Holy Ghost testified to them about Jesus Christ. They knew that He lived and that He died for us."

"But then these people did very bad things. They denied the truth and defied God’s power. They denied the Holy Ghost. They said they did not believe in Jesus anymore. These people will suffer forever."

Gadianton
Hermit

Re: These people will suffer forever!

Post by Gadianton »

Shulem, I'm at a loss on this discovery. I'm having a difficult time believing it's real, yet there it is. Do you know how long it's been there?

It is without a doubt that the creators studied the work of Jack Chick to come up with this.

Regressing to below a Kindergarten level should be shameful, but as those faithful at Sic et Non will remind everyone, it's their god-given right to support whatever they want in full contrarian spirit and now is the day for this kind of thinking so what can I say.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:Shulem, I'm at a loss on this discovery. I'm having a difficult time believing it's real, yet there it is. Do you know how long it's been there?

Apparently it's been around for a while and it's church approved materials. It's absolute garbage and utterly cheesy. Actually, it's dangerous and toxic indoctrination used soley to brainwash children and demand their absolute obedience to the Church.

Doctrine and Covenants Stories wrote:Published by
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Salt Lake City, Utah

© 1983, 2002 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Doctrine and Covenants Storie wrote:The people who will be with Satan learned about Jesus and His gospel while they were on earth. The Holy Ghost testified to them about Jesus Christ. They knew that He lived and that He died for us.

I'll be with Satan and am doomed because I learned about Jesus and his gospel from the Mormons during my lifetime here on earth but then rejected it.

I thought and felt what I believed was the Holy Ghost testifying to me about the gospel of Christ.

I knew (or so I thought or believed) that Jesus died for me.

Doctrine and Covenants Storie wrote:But then these people did very bad things. They denied the truth and defied God’s power. They denied the Holy Ghost. They said they did not believe in Jesus anymore. These people will suffer forever.

I've done very "bad things" according to what the Mormon church defines as "bad things". Not that they are against the law or hurt innocent people but they are very "bad things" according to the Mormon church.

I've since denied what the Mormons say is true like the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3. I deny those.

I've defied God's power as defined by the Mormons because I think Mormon Man-God is silly.

I've denied the so-called invisible Holy Ghost because I don't think he's real but is the imagination of one's heart and mind.

I don't believe in Jesus anymore.

I'm going to "suffer forever" because the Mormons said so.

:rolleyes:

Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Here I thought Shulem had constructed a spiteful parody. Wow!

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

The silly apostates should have just let joe have s&% spiritually marry their wives. However, they chose to rebel and fight the men of god with sticks and disrespect Brigham Young. They will have their reward.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Gadianton wrote:Shulem, I'm at a loss on this discovery. I'm having a difficult time believing it's real, yet there it is. Do you know how long it's been there?

It is without a doubt that the creators studied the work of Jack Chick to come up with this.

Regressing to below a Kindergarten level should be shameful, but as those faithful at Sic et Non will remind everyone, it's their god-given right to support whatever they want in full contrarian spirit and now is the day for this kind of thinking so what can I say.

Gadianton, is your being at a loss a pose to express your lack of belief in these views? In terms of Mormon teaching I see nothing new different or remarkable in the link. For better or worse it is exactly what I remember being taught and reading in the Doctrine and Covenants. I also remember fear of being a son of perdition for leaving the church and holding unbelief. However just what qualifies for perdition is unclear in Mormon doctrine guidelines.(what qualifies as really knowing Jesus and rejecting him?)

It strikes me as a more thoughtful view than provided by chick comx.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

It's an opportunistic shortcoming to not clarify between "suffering with Satan" in Spirit Prison prior to the resurrection vs. forever -- specifically when dealing with apostasy -- but that's not why I was at a great loss. I was at a loss because I hadn't seen the Church dumb down their materials to a near Jack Chick level. They've done more marketing research than I have, but I have a hard time believing it will help them with anything.

Those kind of sound-byte presentations I don't think go very well with the relatively high level of commitment it takes to get through all the discussions, interviews and so on to join.

Granted, the Church has been dumbing it down for decades, but I figured there were limits. I guess I was wrong.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

No more milk. Here's some meat:

--Doctrines of the Gospel Student Manual--

Kingdoms of Glory and Perdition Chapter 33 wrote:What must a man do to commit the unpardonable sin? He must receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him. After a man has sinned against the Holy Ghost, there is no repentance for him. He has got to say that the sun does not shine while he sees it; he has got to deny Jesus Christ when the heavens have been opened unto him, and to deny the plan of salvation with his eyes open to the truth of it; and from that time he begins to be an enemy. This is the case with many apostates of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, 6:314)

"Many" means many. Perhaps that includes some on this board? What about Dr. Shades? He's the ringmaster of the show! How about you, Gadianton, you're a pretty big apostate, aren't you? Surely Dr. Scratch is, you'd think.

:twisted:

Kingdoms of Glory and Perdition Chapter 33 wrote:And he that believes, is baptized, and receives the light and testimony of Jesus Christ, and walks well for a season, receiving the fulness of the blessings of the gospel in this world, and afterwards turns wholly unto sin, violating his covenants, he will be among those whom the gospel can never reach in the spirit world; and all such go beyond its saving power, they will taste the second death, and be banished from the presence of God eternally. (Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, 476–77)

Who here on this board has violated their covenants and will taste the second death being banished from heaven eternally?

What about you, huckelberry? Any worries on your end?

Kingdoms of Glory and Perdition Chapter 33 wrote:In the realms of perdition or the kingdom of darkness, where there is no light, Satan and the unembodied spirits of the pre-existence shall dwell together with those of mortality who retrogress to the level of perdition. These have lost the power of regeneration. They have sunk so low as to have lost the inclinations and ability to repent, consequently the gospel plan is useless to them as an agent of growth and development. (Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, 125)

Are YOU going to hell to suffer for all eternity?

:surprised:

You apostates here at Mormon Discussions can expect at least 1,000 years of punishment with Satan and maybe longer!

That includes you, Philo and RFM. Apostates!!

:lol:

PS. I've been alcohol free for 4 days.

:wink:

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

The thing is, I heard Satan has the best parties and everyone who is anyone is always there. He has the best bands and they go well past dawn. Elohim's parties are boring. No fun. Too many times they break out into testimony meetings. So, I don't think being in Satan's kingdom will be that bad. Would anyone want to be with Oaks for eternity? Give me the "suffering" with Satan any day, any year, or 1000 years.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Exiled wrote:The thing is, I heard Satan has the best parties and everyone who is anyone is always there. He has the best bands and they go well past dawn. Elohim's parties are boring. No fun. Too many times they break out into testimony meetings. So, I don't think being in Satan's kingdom will be that bad. Would anyone want to be with Oaks for eternity? Give me the "suffering" with Satan any day, any year, or 1000 years.

I cannot pretend not to have some idea behind this view. Religious leaders can be self concerned bores, individuals more concerned with control than either love or fun.

There is a strong possibility that those individuals have little input in the planing of parties in heaven. It may be that it is hell where you have to ever fast and testimony to your belief in the ascendant charm and fun of brother Stalin. If you fail this there is the hall way in the basement where dissenters are shot in the head. It being hell, rinse and repeat daily.

Maksutov
God

Post by Maksutov »

"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

D&C 76:31 wrote:Thus saith the Lord concerning all those who know my power, and have been made partakers thereof, and suffered themselves through the power of the devil to be overcome, and to deny the truth and defy my power

Smith attempted to scare his followers with threats of Hell and doom for betraying Mormonism! Smith was a mafia boss.

All those who know your power? You got to be kidding me. Wimpy Mormon Man-god has no power over me or anyone!

:lol:

Don't make me laugh! Mormon Man-god's power is a joke. He didn't get Jackson County and the US government overthrew his polygamy and tossed his criminal leaders in jail.

Don't tell me about Mormon Man-god's power!

Joseph Smith's threats don't scare me one bit. Smith breathed out threats and tried to scare his people into submission and scaring them from leaving his church lest they suffer eternal hellfire.

Well, I'm damn glad I left the church!

Screw you, Joseph Smith!

:twisted:

PS. Still sober, since Christmas!

toon
Bishop

Post by toon »

Shulem wrote:

The photo makes it look like he's already hit the guy and is in his follow through, but if that's the case, he's holding the bat goofy. So to me, the downside of denying the Holy Ghost is forgetting how to properly hold and swing a baseball bat. The horror!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

toon wrote:The photo makes it look like he's already hit the guy and is in his follow through, but if that's the case, he's holding the bat goofy. So to me, the downside of denying the Holy Ghost is forgetting how to properly hold and swing a baseball bat. The horror!

The concept is to compare Sons of Perdition with those who derive a sick pleasure in just beating someone up with a bat -- beating them up for no good reason, just swing the bat and beat them because it's the evil thing to do.

Look at the expression of the woman who seems to be getting rich satisfaction in seeing the man beaten by the bat. That is what the the Church is trying to portray in their comparing who is worthy of being judged as a Son of Perdition. Swing the bat at the poor old man just like you swung the bat at the Holy Ghost. That's what denying the Holy Ghost is! You have to be looking at him and cursing him to his face and swing the bat!

Oh, the horrors of Mormonism! Instill fear into the hearts and minds of the members in making them think they will become subject to eternal punishment is the ultimate assault on the human psyche. Mormon threats are pure evil. It's using fear to keep the sheep in line.

:mad:

Stupid ____ Mormons and their Stupid ____ Holy Ghost.

I deny & defy YOU Joseph Smith and your Spooky Holy Ghost!

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

toon wrote:The photo makes it look like he's already hit the guy and is in his follow through, but if that's the case, he's holding the bat goofy. So to me, the downside of denying the Holy Ghost is forgetting how to properly hold and swing a baseball bat. The horror!

Perhaps it's a depiction of the church using victimhood as a weapon? The church guy just came by for the 40th time trying to shove his nonsense down the supposed apostate' throat and the apostate took up a stick to threaten church guy, never intending to actually swing. Church guy then takes a fall and in the next scene church guy is in court falsely accusing the "apostate" of hitting him.

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

OMG. When I first read this I thought it was a parody.

The Mormon church never fails to disgust.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

cwald wrote:OMG. When I first read this I thought it was a parody.

The Mormon church never fails to disgust.

The Mormon church disgustingly threatens those who apostatize with being doomed to Outer Darkness where Satan and 1/3 of the host of heaven are suffering for ever and ever. That's the punishment for turning against Mormonism and denying the Holy Ghost. Please look at the following diagram of the Plan of Salvation -- I think it's funny that the roads leading to the lower kingdoms look like sperm, lol. But what's important is that the road is called APOSTASY meaning those who turn from the Mormon church are the ones that may end up going there. I gleaned the following pictures from the Internet and don't know who made them but they accurately reflect Mormon doctrine.

Notice that the Apostates go to Outer Darkness where blackness reigns supreme, no light, no glory, and no love. That is what the Mormon church threatens for those who dare to apostatize!

Etc.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Interesting! Notice how Satan who appeared to Moses (Pearl of Great Price) has garish red cheeks and a cheek that looks beaten and in pain! I'm not making this up. A spirit exhibiting red cheeks as if in pain from an injury caused by Moses's rebuke is ridiculous. Since when do spirits have blood? It just goes to show that Moses really did have a bad temper and not only murdered an Egyptian but smacked Lucifer across the face in a fit of anger.

Goddamnit!

--The Pearl of Great Price
Adapted from Doctrine and Covenants Stories--
wrote:
After God left Moses, Satan visited him. He told Moses to worship him instead of God. When Moses refused to do it, Satan became very angry. Moses called upon God for strength, then commanded Satan to leave him. Satan left, weeping and wailing.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

The Mormon church disgustingly threatens those who apostatize with being doomed to Outer Darkness where Satan and 1/3 of the host of heaven are suffering for ever and ever.

pretty gratuitous. I think the more serious insult is the link between leaving the Church and going around angry and hitting people with a stick. It's tough to say what the leaders and creators of such materials really believe about the next life, but while revealing prejudices, it's all pretty silly and they've got no more than their beliefs to keep them honest. But when they suggest people who leave the Church become violent and earn their reward with Satan by their terrible behavior -- that's outright lying on their part, because they know it's not true.
FARMS refuted:

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

The Telestial Kingdom is looking mighty fine for some people who weren't very nice. But Mormon apostates who deny the Holy Ghost will go to Outer Darkness because they are the worst!

Doesn't that make sense?