It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harry Reid.....The most powerful Mormon??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:14 pm 
God

Today on my way to work I was listening to the news. They said that Harry Reid will be sworn in today as the Senate Majority leader....the most powerful office ever held by a Mormon.

Hmmm thought I....How ironic is THAT considering most active US Mormons are politically conservative, some US Mormons think one cannot be a good and a democrat, and some US Mormons think Harry Reid ought to turn in his temple recommend and maybe even given the boot!!!

maybe Mitt can one up him in 2008.

Post subject: Re: Harry Reid.....The most powerful Mormon??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:42 pm 
God

Jason Bourne wrote:
...some US Mormons think Harry Reid ought to turn in his temple recommend and maybe even given the boot!!!

I can see it now - Harry Reid - the most powerful Ex-Mormon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:44 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)

Maybe in Jason land but not in real life...NANCY PELOSI the post powerful woman was just sworn...

POWERFUL WOMAN-----POWERFUL Mormon===NO CONTEST
There is no way a woman is goin to allow a Mormon to slap her down...so wake up and be prepared

C-span is like a soap opera right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:28 pm 
God

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:
Maybe in Jason land but not in real life...NANCY PELOSI the post powerful woman was just sworn...

There is no way a woman is goin to allow a Mormon to slap her down...so wake up and be prepared

There will be little slapping going down between the House and the Senate. The slapping will be happening between Congress and the White House. I wonder how long it will be before we start bringing the troops home?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:57 pm 
Savior (mortal ministry)

I am wondering that myself Harmony

When do you think???

I cannot tell...I hear so much but who can tell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:44 pm 
God

I am hoping that there will be a graduel withdraw of some of the troops within Iraq pretty soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:40 pm 
Lightbearer

I wish they would just excommunicate Reid, he gives the church a bad name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:18 pm 
God

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:

Are you really so dim that you missed the intended irony (so stated even) of the post?

Are you always looking for a fight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:20 pm 
God

Gazelam wrote:
I wish they would just excommunicate Reid, he gives the church a bad name.

SEE!!! SEE What I mean!!!!

Coservative Mormon Gazelam cannot stand that a Mormon think differently regarding politics then he does. So he wants to excommunicate the Mormon that has risen to the most powerful position ever held by a Mormon.

Ahhh the beauty of the narrow mind.

Post subject: Jason
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:52 pm 
Lightbearer

Remember the vote on makeing Marriage solely between a man and a woman? Remember the "Proclamation to the World" ?

An Apostle of the Lord went to Washington D.C. and spoke on the subject, requesting that the vote fall in favor of an amendment to protect mariage.

Guess how Reid voted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:56 pm 
God

Quote:
Remember the vote on makeing Marriage solely between a man and a woman? Remember the "Proclamation to the World" ?

An Apostle of the Lord went to Washington D.C. and spoke on the subject, requesting that the vote fall in favor of an amendment to protect mariage.

Guess how Reid voted?

And this makes him a bad Mormon deserving of excommunication.

You better keep this opinion on the down-low, or else Mitt doesn't stand a chance. But I do know from my experience in my past uber conservative ward that you are far from alone in this opinion.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

Post subject: Re: Jason
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:11 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Gazelam wrote:

Guess how Reid voted?

And HALLELUJIA for that! I'm HAPPY AS HECK that he can keep church and state separate! Would that all politicians were the same!

Let me ask you this, Gazelam: Let's say a Muslim is elected President. Let's also say that Muslims make up the majority of members of congress. Now, is it okay for them to outlaw pork, bacon, and ham in the U.S.A., since it's against the Muslim religion to eat pigs' meat?

--Meadowchik, 12-07-2018

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:14 pm 
Lightbearer

Your equateing the sanctity of marriage to the eating of Pork?

I get what you mean. But let me ask you this, what is it that you want a politician to stand for anyway? Why do you send them to Washington and elect them in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:17 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Gazelam wrote:
Your equateing the sanctity of marriage to the eating of Pork?

No, I'm trying to get you to think about the rightness or wrongness of politicians passing religiously-based laws that affect their constituents who may or may not share the politicians' religion.

Quote:
I get what you mean.

But what do you think about what I mean?

Quote:
But let me ask you this, what is it that you want a politician to stand for anyway? Why do you send them to Washington and elect them in the first place?

Answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.

--Meadowchik, 12-07-2018

Post subject: Shades
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:24 pm 
Lightbearer

"No, I'm trying to get you to think about the rightness or wrongness of politicians passing religiously-based laws that affect their constituents who may or may not share the politicians' religion. "

And how do you think the founding Fathers, and nearly every politition until modern times, based their votes? I don't doubt that there were plenty of rotten polititions in the mix, but most were God fearing Christians. Forming Social opinions useing a foundation of religion is the norm, not the exception.

Class, everyone raise their hand who knew that JFK was a Catholic.....

Now keep your hand raised if you knew that George Washington was a Freemason......

Post subject: Re: Shades
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:30 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Gazelam wrote:
And how do you think the founding Fathers, and nearly every politition until modern times, based their votes? I don't doubt that there were plenty of rotten polititions in the mix, but most were God fearing Christians. Forming Social opinions useing a foundation of religion is the norm, not the exception.

You still haven't answered my question. In fact, the above paragraph makes you seem perfectly fine with a bunch of Muslim politicians banning all pork products should they be elected.

Quote:
Class, everyone raise their hand who knew that JFK was a Catholic.....

Now keep your hand raised if you knew that George Washington was a Freemason......

My hand is still raised.

--Meadowchik, 12-07-2018

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:03 pm 
Elder

Gazelam, you are operating from a false assumption.

To whit: The Founding Fathers were not all Christian. In fact most of them expressed a profound disbelief in Christianity. Actual fact tells us that most of the Founding Fathers were Deists and Agnostics. But they recognized that it would be possible for a religion to do horrible things, so they took steps to protect not only the Freedom of Religion, but also the Freedom from Religion.

Also, are you telling me that you personally voted for Senator Reid? If not, your entire "But let me ask you this, what is it that you want a politician to stand for anyway? Why do you send them to Washington and elect them in the first place?" is bunk.

If his constituents wanted him to vote for the ethical treatment of all US citizens who are all given the same rights you are, and he voted so. . . how does that make him a bad person or a bad senator? He did his damn job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:32 pm 
God

Wow, there are some cool Mormons after all. First, Harry Reid's a democrat. Now I find out, he's a dead-head. Giving a tour of his home to a reporter, Sen Harry Reid said, "Here, I'll show you the bathroom. This is my prized possession, a signed poster of the Grateful Dead."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:43 pm 
Lightbearer

"...This is my prized possession, a signed poster of the Grateful Dead." - Wow, that really explains a lot. When they were passing by his walls, was there any religious images at all? Most Mormons with a little money tend to put up a picture or two. Theres a Frieberg at Deseret I would love to get if I could afford it. But since Harry only has Mormon on his resume to trick his constituents in the Mormon southwest, I'm guessing no religious art.

Bryan, how many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were freemasons?

Also Bryan, perversion of a religious institution like marriage isn't a right. Mr. Reid chose the wrong side of an issue because, like the people he was in fact serveing, his view of the world is skewed based on false philosophies. Homosexuality is a self inflicted mental disorder.

Gazelam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:52 pm 
Elder

Gazelam wrote:
Bryan, how many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were freemasons?

Quite a few of them. But what does that have to do with being Christian?

Gazelam wrote:
Also Bryan, perversion of a religious institution like marriage isn't a right. Mr. Reid chose the wrong side of an issue because, like the people he was in fact serveing, his view of the world is skewed based on false philosophies. Homosexuality is a self inflicted mental disorder.

Gazelam

Burden of Proof and all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 pm 
Gazelam wrote:

Gazelam

Gazelam, I've always wanted to ask this question: How does homosexuality "pervert marriage"? Can you give a few practical examples?