It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: I got my plans I don't know about you (Stones concert!)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
I was at the Fillmore off of 16th Street the Saturday before.

You're. joking.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm 
Holy Ghost

Beast of Burden at Seattle, https://www.jambase.com/article/rolling ... cGuTCU47GU

Kurt Vonnegut observed: "For some reason, the most vocal Christians...never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

That's a 50+ year old vintage Gibson he's playing there. Even Richards says that's the prettiest piece of music he's ever written.

I could listen to a straight up instrumental version of it all day long. I so love it! Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:18 pm 
God

Look away. I ain't done yet.

So a couple or three former heroin addicts, boozers, cocaine abusers, including one guy with part of a lung missing, another with a new heart valve, all in their 70's richer and than anyone has a right to be...give me my vote :mrgreen: and sing one of the best "stick it" songs of the 60's ever written and we wonder why they're still doing it.

Here's the whole tune up close. Pretty sure that this is why they do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoLN7VfJv4

They freaking love it.

We were sitting right under the row of windows. Bet if you listen, you could probably hear me singing the whole song. Ok, maybe not. But still....

:cool:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 pm 
God

Just for general purposes. We are HERE:

August 18 – Santa Clara, CA @ Levi’s®️ Stadium
August 22 – Pasadena, CA @ The Rose Bowl
August 26 – Glendale, Arizona @ State Farm Stadium
August 31 – Miami, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium

Down to CA, hop over to Arizona and the slide home into Miami. Well, Jagger's home at least.

I'll continue following the concerts. I want to see what else they pull out of the archives. So far, they've yanked out Mercy Mercy 50 years later, Harlem Shuffle I believe 30 years later, they sure enough played Beast of Burden...wonder what else they'll pull out?

I would seriously like to see them do something like Time or Tell Me. Spider and the Fly. There are so many I'd like to hear them perform again. If I could wave a magic wand and have any song I wanted, I would make them do Good Times (Sam Cooke cover that this thread title was taken from).

Remember they started out as a cover band with an emphasis on Chicago Blues...and grew from there. I'd like to see them reach waaaaay back! In fact, I'd love to see them do a whole concert tour of nothing but their early covers and compositions. That would be AH-MAZING! :cool:

And I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Wyman rejoin the band for one good blast...not to mention guitar virtuoso Mick Taylor.

Of course I have all those early recordings myself (mostly on vinyl) but still...I'd love it! :cool: :cool: :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:13 pm 
God

So. While we're waiting for the Santa Clara concert goers to start uploading their videos particularly of Mercy Mercy (because it came up on the vote), let us gaze upon the beautiful man that was Keith Richards in his younger days.

Oh Carol
Little Queenie
Street Fighting man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9mmFdbcOE

:cool:

And oh yeah, Jagger in his rooster days, too.

Reprise:

Oh Carol (Keith with Chuck Berry)

(This isn't the one where they start fighting with each other) :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWgVXGwiSiM

Little Queenie (Keith with Jerry Lee Lewis)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmuXWD5ZQOk

Hey Keith. Tell us the story about when Chuck Berry punched you in the face, okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Occyx3Z3vIU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:25 pm 
God

Lest I be accused of slanted reporting re: Keith Richards. Here he is not-so-elegantly wasted. Messing up his own song. Jagger carrying the performance. Totally takes up for his friend even when he's coked out himself.

This is how you wreck your talent on heroin. This is HIS song. :cry:

Happy (Billy Preston on keys)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdzwP7dpZds

And he lived... :wink:

Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvDUeaKwMc

Still living... :mrgreen:

Happy (for his wife) (Ronnie on slide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6vVRQaMVQ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:18 am 
God

Honky Tonk Women sung by Ronnie Wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFOXcw601ww

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am 
Holy Ghost

I find your enthusiasm for the Rolling Stones very infectious. I have been to two Stones' concerts. I was living in Paris in 2003. A friend bought tickets and we went to a show at the Olympia, a small theater. I enjoyed it, especially Stray Cat Blues. I returned the favor and the next month we went to Twickenham, UK, to see a show in the football stadium there. My favorite song that night was Star ____.

My friend has since died. He left his collection of Stones posters, t-shirts, and the like to me because I'd gone to those shows with him. I haven't even unpacked all of the large, cardboard box that I received them in. I have been holding them to give to a true fan, which you seem to be, who could appreciate the items.

Some of the items are bootleg recordings of concerts. I recall listening to about a dozen that I read up online were some of the better performances and good quality recordings. Other CDs are collections of rare recordings. I quite like one called the Stripped Companion.

Private message me if you'd like me to ship these items to you. I'm not looking to sell them. I don't want any money for them. I just have no real interest in them and they're in the way, collecting dust. A true Stones fan would probably like them.

Kurt Vonnegut observed: "For some reason, the most vocal Christians...never mention the Beatitudes (Matthew 5). But, often with tears in their eyes, they demand that the Ten Commandments be posted in public buildings. And of course, that's Moses, not Jesus."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
I find your enthusiasm for the Rolling Stones very infectious. I have been to two Stones' concerts. I was living in Paris in 2003. A friend bought tickets and we went to a show at the Olympia, a small theater. I enjoyed it, especially Stray Cat Blues. I returned the favor and the next month we went to Twickenham, UK, to see a show in the football stadium there. My favorite song that night was Star ____.

My friend has since died. He left his collection of Stones posters, t-shirts, and the like to me because I'd gone to those shows with him. I haven't even unpacked all of the large, cardboard box that I received them in. I have been holding them to give to a true fan, which you seem to be, who could appreciate the items.

Some of the items are bootleg recordings of concerts. I recall listening to about a dozen that I read up online were some of the better performances and good quality recordings. Other CDs are collections of rare recordings. I quite like one called the Stripped Companion.

Private message me if you'd like me to ship these items to you. I'm not looking to sell them. I don't want any money for them. I just have no real interest in them and they're in the way, collecting dust. A true Stones fan would probably like them.

Well, I can't entirely endorse the lyrics to "Star Star" (aka ____) but the music totally ROCKS and rocks hard! I'm still trying to find a video of them performing it that will half-way pass muster on this board in terms of NSFW type stuff. I wouldn't want anyone opening the link in the living room with kids around. Also, most of the videos have various clips of the Stones, many of which are from (speaking in code here) the CS Blues film. But yes, the music itself is an example of their best in SF!

As to your offer? :surprised: I will message you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 pm 
God

Here's the vote songs for tomorrow night's concert at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA.

Whip

She's so cold

She's a Rainbow

Live with Me

Okay. I don't like any of these. :eek: I'm gonna guess the audience vote will be for Whip.

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 pm 
God

This is for Holy Ghost, his fav in the 2003 Paris concert. This is called "Star Star" from the Let it Bleed Album. It's real title is "____". As I stated previously, I can't endorse the lyrics. It's about groupies, draw your own conclusions from that and the title.

The music is awesome on all counts though.

NSFW!!! Not safe to listen to around kids!!! Lyrics are nasty!!!

Live in Texas '71. Official video. (Ronnie Wood sings with Mick on this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zgmM2lalo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:31 pm 
God

We are HERE:

August 22 – Pasadena, CA @ The Rose Bowl*
August 26 – Glendale, Arizona @ State Farm Stadium
August 31 – Miami, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium

Let's go back to the beginning. If you don't like these, you are quite frankly dead.

Tell Me (1964)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21m0R8zE1A

Time is on my Side
(Ed Sullivan Show--Bill Wyman and Keith Richards sing back up)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEj8lUx0gwY

Heart of Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8AZPlKOy0

Bonus:

Time is on my Side (1981 Tempe Arizona?) Keith Richards loves me. I know he does. Charlie Watts is masterful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25paMdg3ZRI

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 pm 
God

Jersey Girl,

Just saw a documentary you might like on YouTube: The Rolling Stones' Bobby Keys: Every Night's A Saturday Night. (Bobby's sax is what you hear on Brown Sugar).

Bobby was the go-to sessions sax player for years before the Stones heard him (I think he was with Delaney & Bonnie & Friends). Lived in Keith's infamous chalet in the South of France while recording. Some great Stones stories and Rock 'n Roll history.

- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:45 pm 
God

MeDotOrg wrote:
Jersey Girl,

Just saw a documentary you might like on YouTube: The Rolling Stones' Bobby Keys: Every Night's A Saturday Night. (Bobby's sax is what you hear on Brown Sugar).

Bobby was the go-to sessions sax player for years before the Stones heard him (I think he was with Delaney & Bonnie & Friends). Lived in Keith's infamous chalet in the South of France while recording. Some great Stones stories and Rock 'n Roll history.

Trust me, I know who Bobby Keys was. Amazing!!! No offense to their current sax man (men) but...not even close fellas. (Like Clarence Clemons in the E Street Band...irreplaceable.)

Is that the chalet where they recorded Exile? Because they were exiled? They set up a recording studio in the basement of Keith's house.

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely watch it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 pm 
God

I keep thinking that no one is reading this but then someone pops in. It would be perfectly fine even if no one were reading. I'm just enjoying the heck out of myself. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 pm 
God

Bobby Keys (don't get me started)

Sweet Virginia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfQipk ... fE&index=9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 am 
God

I have to post this. <3

So, this is the Stones at Metlife in Rutherford, New Jersey. Second show on 8/5/19.

This is the acoustic session on B stage: Let it Bleed & Dead Flowers.

But we're not looking to listen to the music this time (though, it's good). We're gonna look at love. Love between two men who have known each other for 70 years. Let that sink in. 70 years. They played together as boys, lived together in their teens, created iconic music together, been to court on a drug bust together, fought with each other, resented each other, depended on each other, traveled the world together. They are each other's longest relationship.

If you don't want to watch the entire video, just start at 3:00. Ronnie is on the slide, gets up and dances while he's play, deadpan Charlie gets a huge smile on his face, Jagger turns his back to the audience and has a conversation with Keith and right around 3:11 WATCH what happens. Just before Jagger returns to the mic, he invites Keith to join him. LOOK at Jagger's face as he approaches the mic with Keith. THAT'S what you're looking to see. Who knows? Maybe with age, time and his recent surgery he's got the idea 'we might never do this again, let's do it together, okay?'. I'd like to think that's what motivated that look on his face. Ronnie dancing on the left.

It's too good. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBdQmnQv30

Old guys who are tight. :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:51 pm 
God

NASA has honored the Stones by naming a boulder on Mars--"Rolling Stone Rock!"

Robert Downey Jr. making the announcement AT the Rose Bowl before tonight's concert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=357Om3IyWlI

Tribute from NASA Jet Propulsion Lab youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Az-S4MdifU

Stones in space! Officially out of this world!!!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm 
God

I found something kind of fun!!!!

Here's a comparison of Satisfaction 1967 vs 2019--last night at the Rose Bowl!

I want to point out something in the first '67 part of the video. Keith says he recorded Satisfaction on an old cassette player in his sleep. Somehow or another, he came up with the riff and the rest of the recording is him snoring. He often recorded on cassette so he wouldn't forget what he played. To my knowledge, Keith Richards never learned how to read music.

The riff for Satisfaction was recorded in the studio with a fuzz pedal. That's what makes what Keith calls the "dirty" sound of the riff. Notice the fuzz pedal on the floor and you can see him switching it out during the song. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lvl2-P9Fw0

So I was thinking about this when I watched the comparison. Yes, I remember the band young like they were in 1967. People used to say that the Stones weren't pretty like the Beatles. I beg to differ. I think they were all attractive young men and I actually think that the surviving members (RIP Brian Jones) are all still attractive.

I'll tell you why I find them incredibly attractive in 2019.

Not only has their talent and passion driven their music for over 5 decades, so has their drive to remain authentically and unapologetically who they are.

Look at the second video. There's a little hair color going on but other than that, there's not one hint of cosmetic surgery, no fillers, no Botox. God knows they could afford any procedure and the best docs to do it if they wanted. But no. They look like men in their 70's. They look like who they are.

They're real. And that's one of the things I love about most about them.

They've been through a lot together. So what I'm seeing on stage is a band of aging rockers who have come back from substance abuse and addiction, bankruptcy, failed marriages, one lost part of a lung and one just had heart surgery. And they are STILL out there doing their jobs. They don't need the money. I think they're still doing it because they love it just like they loved it from the start and we loved them. They love the music and the adrenalin rush they get from the relationship with a live audience.

And we love them for the same exact reasons. The music and the shared rush.

I hope Keith will go back to his silver hair. I think it's sexy as hell. I am sure he knows what I think about it because he can read my mind. ;-) I'm sure he regrets it and will go back to the silver because I love Keith Richards and Keith Richards loves me.

He's Got the Silver.
;-)

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:22 pm 
God

As if we needed even more proof of Keith Richards undying love for me.

Tempe 81. Two numbers. Straight up Rock n' Roll. Made and delivered.

Starts with Twenty Flight Rock by Eddie Cochran. Then Let it Go, by Jagger and Richards.

Now pay attention. Part way through Let it Go, Jagger stuffs his mic in his pants and climbs off the catwalk into the crowd. A security "oh ____" moment no doubt.

Keith don't care. Keith's entered the stratosphere with Ronnie. Look at his face @ 4:15. See that?

He's thinking about me there. I know he is. Everything he does is for me. I know it is. He meets me in the stratosphere. Because Keith Richards puffy hearts me and I puffy heart him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUHr4h2az3Q

If you don't like that brand of rock you have no pulse. You are well and truly d.e.a.d.

Dead.

Completely croaked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next