Are there LDS teachings against Perfume?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Are there LDS teachings against Perfume?

Post by Jersey Girl »

If not, regardless of your LDS affiliation you should have a look at this Paradise thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51970

:mrgreen:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

moksha
God

Re: Are there LDS teachings against Perfume?

Post by moksha »

I suspect Mormons would look at this Japanese electro-pop group quizzically, until recognition dawned on them and they would point at the group and proclaim, "Ah, dey Perfume".

As to any aromatics, Mormons tend to go with the apologetic teaching that, "Ye whom smelleth it doth verily dealteth it".

All Shades is asking for is just one small vote to propel to official electro-pop of this board to an Olympics performance status. Can you find it in your hearts to help out? Just follow the link made by Jersey Girl.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Voting is still open. No pressure.

Yet.
:cool:
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

No need to use the translate button, either. Just look for this and register your vote:

ゴールデンボンバー
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:No need to use the translate button, either. Just look for this and register your vote:

ゴールデンボンバー

I found it listed in English without the translation.

Vote for #32!
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I'm pretty sure that a vote for ゴールデンボンバー will accomplish the intended aim perfectly. But since they randomize the list for each user, I guess voting for whichever band is #26 on the list will be a symbolic gesture of the futility of humankind's attempt to make meaning out of cosmic indifference. Or something.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:No need to use the translate button, either. Just look for this and register your vote:

ゴールデンボンバー

How dare you.

No, those characters do NOT represent Perfume! "Perfume" is written right there in English. Don't fall for honorentheos's deception, please.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:I'm pretty sure that a vote for ゴールデンボンバー will accomplish the intended aim perfectly. But since they randomize the list for each user, I guess voting for whichever band is #26 on the list will be a symbolic gesture of the futility of humankind's attempt to make meaning out of cosmic indifference. Or something.

Sir your britches are ablaze! :evil:

You've now outed yourself as a liar, fraud and Perfume denier!
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Vote for #32. It says "Perfume" in plain English right in front of God and everybody.

But not honor. honor is a troll.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:How dare you.

How dare he indeed. True colors.

The snake.
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
honorentheos wrote:I'm pretty sure that a vote for ゴールデンボンバー will accomplish the intended aim perfectly. But since they randomize the list for each user, I guess voting for whichever band is #26 on the list will be a symbolic gesture of the futility of humankind's attempt to make meaning out of cosmic indifference. Or something.

Sir your britches are ablaze! :evil:

You've now outed yourself as a liar, fraud and Perfume denier!

My apologies for the unfortunate confusion in mistaking ゴールデンボンバー for our mandatorily beloved official band, Perfume. ゴールデンボンバー seemed to be doing so poorly, with merely 200-odd votes, that it seemed only natural they were the victim of our arch-nemesis BABYMETAL's campaign to suppress the world's knowledge of Perfume's divine nature and angelic being. And it seemed that if one ignored how kanji worked and treated the kanji like our alphabet it would be about the right number of characters. Clearly my mind and eyes were blinded yet once again by the fiendish workings of BABYMETAL.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:Vote for #32. It says "Perfume" in plain English right in front of God and everybody.

But not honor. honor is a troll.

Again, my most unfortunate slip rendered my vote for the enemy of Perfume, BABYMETAL, and it is forever logged in the memory and god-soul of It's pervasive imminence that is the internet. I extended my offending third finger from the right and left in offering to our mandated affection as compensation before, and do so yet again.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Get thee behind me.
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:Get thee behind me.
That would be difficult given BABYMETAL has around five thousand votes more than Perfume, being in 7th place compared to Perfumes 24th-ish place. They are only a hundred votes or so from taking over 6th place. But we can pray that Perfume will ultimately prevail despite the apparent darkness of the shadow that looms. Thoughts and prayers seem to work well in these situations, or so I hear.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Get thee behind me.
That would be difficult given BABYMETAL has around five thousand votes more than Perfume, being in 7th place compared to Perfumes 24th-ish place. They are only a hundred votes or so from taking over 6th place. But we can pray that Perfume will ultimately prevail despite the apparent darkness of the shadow that looms. Thoughts and prayers seem to work well in these situations, or so I hear.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Demon spawn.
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Who, me?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:Image

Who, me?

Yea thou! Oh god of deception!
Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

It must be a sign, as BABYMETAL now holds the 6 position. Truly a sad turn of events for the ever freedom-loving affection for our official J-Pop band against whom no ill word may be uttered lest a scourge of pedantry and red text fall upon ones posts. Whoa unto this unbelieving apathetic generation! Truly the day will come when we will cast about for electropop comfort but it shall not be found!
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:It must be a sign, as BABYMETAL now holds the 6 position. Truly a sad turn of events for the ever freedom-loving affection for our official J-Pop band against whom no ill word may be uttered lest a scourge of pedantry and red text fall upon ones posts. Whoa unto this unbelieving apathetic generation! Truly the day will come when we will cast about for electropop comfort but it shall not be found!

Shoo hell beast thou bearer of doom!

Chinese Proverb

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

~ Eiji Yoshikawa