It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: If you were to write a book. . . .
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:56 pm 
Stake High Council

cwald wrote:
Amore wrote:
SPG,

I’m glad to have you on board. ;) :)

I am too. But I would politely suggest you limit yourself to the Celestial Kingdom mostly. Perhaps the Terrestrial on occasion. You should not be down here. Just my friendly advice.

I don't get that. Why am I not good enough for the Telestial Forum? As I understand it, this is where the sinners go.

And thanks Amore. It's fun, to some degree. Some people take themselves too serious. I like being challenged, it makes me a think. But people just calling me stupid isn't very challenging.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:39 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
I don't get that. Why am I not good enough for the Telestial Forum? As I understand it, this is where the sinners go.

Fine. Knock yourself out.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:14 pm 
Stake High Council

cwald wrote:
SPG wrote:

Fine. Knock yourself out.

I thought you might see my way. I am as good a sinner as anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:33 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
Amore wrote:
SPG,

I’m glad to have you on board. ;) :)

And thanks Amore. It's fun, to some degree. Some people take themselves too serious. I like being challenged, it makes me a think. But people just calling me stupid isn't very challenging.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have mixed thoughts - sometimes humor here has helped me (mostly Shulem, though he can go to extreme). Yet, there are a lot of topics on which I would LOVE to get different perspectives and many here are intelligent - but it seems misapplied IMO.

If you don’t go along with the herd mentality here, you get kicked to the curb. Same herd mentality, different herd. And only a couple other (who I haven’t seen post for a while) see this, despite how obvious it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:48 pm 
Stake High Council

Amore wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have mixed thoughts - sometimes humor here has helped me (mostly Shulem, though he can go to extreme). Yet, there are a lot of topics on which I would LOVE to get different perspectives and many here are intelligent - but it seems misapplied IMO.

If you don’t go along with the herd mentality here, you get kicked to the curb. Same herd mentality, different herd. And only a couple other (who I haven’t seen post for a while) see this, despite how obvious it is.

LOL yes, I agree. I am feeling the kicks and the curb. So far I can handle it. I have been on a number of boards. If you can't get on the anti Mormonism train, no one can respect your opinion.

Last edited by SPG on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:08 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
Amore wrote:

LOL yes, I agree. I am feeling the kicks and the curb. So far I can handle it. I have been on the number boards. If you can't get on the anti Mormonism train, no one can respect your opinion.

Only a few folks here are anti-mormon. That’s not why you’re getting pushback.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:13 pm 
Stake High Council

Res Ipsa wrote:
SPG wrote:
LOL yes, I agree. I am feeling the kicks and the curb. So far I can handle it. I have been on the number boards. If you can't get on the anti Mormonism train, no one can respect your opinion.

Only a few folks here are anti-mormon. That’s not why you’re getting pushback.

Obviously it can't be about my looks. So I just have to assume it's because of my religion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:15 pm 
God

Are those the only two reasons a person could criticize what you’ve posted? Really?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:32 pm 
Stake High Council

Res Ipsa wrote:
Are those the only two reasons a person could criticize what you’ve posted? Really?

Surely it's not because of my controversial views!!

People come in here having lost their faith and your remedy is to convince them the life is some sort of dead accident that just happened randomly.

Basically I'm just saying that "sure things might be different than we thought oh, but there is still life Love & liberty beyond this mortal life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:43 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Surely it's not because of my controversial views!!

People come in here having lost their faith and your remedy is to convince them the life is some sort of dead accident that just happened randomly.

Basically I'm just saying that "sure things might be different than we thought oh, but there is still life Love & liberty beyond this mortal life.

No, my reaction to a person who has lost their faith is to tell them that they will be okay. That lots of folks, including me and others here, have been where they are now and understand what they are feeling. That they are not alone. My interest is not in telling them what to do next, but to help them get through what can be a painful and disorienting experience.

If they as “what now,” I advise them to take their time figuring out what they believe. It’s their life, not mine. If they ask what I believe, I give them a straightforward answer. I’ve advised transitioning Mormons to try out other religions. What I don’t try to do is sell folks in that position a new belief system. I’m perfectly comfortable in my own atheism, and I find that not believing that I’m part of some grand plan isn’t nearly as awful as many believers say. But I feel no obligation to recruit new atheists.

So, no, I’m not criticizing your posts out of a desire to dash the remaining hopes of transitioning Mormons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:47 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
Obviously it can't be about my looks. So I just have to assume it's because of my religion.

No. Maybe it's because you act like my 13 year old cousin, Steve, who read a couple chapters of some random philosophy book, and then tried to prove he's smarter than every other person on the planet by spewing irrational and incoherent gibberish nonsense, things like facts aren't really facts and everything is relative so their are no real facts?

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:21 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
No, my reaction to a person who has lost their faith is to tell them that they will be okay. That lots of folks, including me and others here, have been where they are now and understand what they are feeling. That they are not alone. My interest is not in telling them what to do next, but to help them get through what can be a painful and disorienting experience.

If they as “what now,” I advise them to take their time figuring out what they believe. It’s their life, not mine. If they ask what I believe, I give them a straightforward answer. I’ve advised transitioning Mormons to try out other religions. What I don’t try to do is sell folks in that position a new belief system. I’m perfectly comfortable in my own atheism, and I find that not believing that I’m part of some grand plan isn’t nearly as awful as many believers say. But I feel no obligation to recruit new atheists.

So, no, I’m not criticizing your posts out of a desire to dash the remaining hopes of transitioning Mormons.

Brilliantly stated, Res.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 pm 
Stake High Council

cwald wrote:
SPG wrote:

No. Maybe it's because you act like my 13 year old cousin, Steve, who read a couple chapters of some random philosophy book, and then tried to prove he's smarter than every other person on the planet by spewing irrational and incoherent gibberish nonsense, things like facts aren't really facts and everything is relative so their are no real facts?

Maybe, but how do I know you are taking all of your meds?

In my defense, I am familiar with politics, science research, and cash cows. I know that a lot of data goes out and messed with by various sources, for various reasons. Data is almost always skewed to serve the money or the politics. The FDA built the food system on total BS to make money for certain industries. I don't believe much our government and education system offers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:38 pm 
God

SPG, here is a list of possible Telestial topics I think you should expound on:

Flat Earth
Hollow Earth
Hollow Moon
Chemtrails
Holocaust Denial
911 Denial
Sandy Hook Denial

And just for good measure...MKUltra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:48 pm 
Stake High Council

Res Ipsa wrote:
But I feel no obligation to recruit new atheists.

Another one of my clever sayings:

Gnosticism is the art of Knowing.
Agnosticism is the art of not knowing.
Atheism is the art of Knowing nothing.

These are all valid arts of trying to understand ourselves. I practice all thing. I don't think that any one method is the right one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 pm 
Stake High Council

cwald wrote:

Flat Earth
Hollow Earth
Hollow Moon
Chemtrails
Holocaust Denial
911 Denial
Sandy Hook Denial

I don't trust my government, and I don't think they are being honest on a lot of things, but mostly, I really don't care about the subjects you listed. No offense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:05 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
cwald wrote:

Flat Earth
Hollow Earth
Hollow Moon
Chemtrails
Holocaust Denial
911 Denial
Sandy Hook Denial

I don't trust my government, and I don't think they are being honest on a lot of things, but mostly, I really don't care about the subjects you listed. No offense.

Okay. I'm just trying to understand you. So if you don't want to discuss these topics, would you at least take the time and answer the following questions honestly?

Do you believe in a Flat Earth? Yes or No
Do you believe in a Hollow Earth? Yes or No
Do you believe in a Hollow Moon? Yes or No
Do you think government sprays Chemtrails? Yes or No
Do you think the Holocaust happened? Yes or No
Do you believe 911 was a terrorist attack? Yes or No
Do you believe Sandy Hook really happened? Yes or No

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:04 pm 
Stake High Council

cwald wrote:
Okay. I'm just trying to understand you. So if you don't want to discuss these topics, would you at least take the time and answer the following questions honestly?

Do you believe in a Flat Earth? No
Do you believe in a Hollow Earth? No
Do you believe in a Hollow Moon? No
Do you think government sprays Chemtrails? Maybe, but not like it's talked about.
Do you think the Holocaust happened? Yes
Do you believe 911 was a terrorist attack? Yes, but think government also used it cover their tracks. It fits mind control methods used by government. Bill Clinton even apologize for them.
Do you believe Sandy Hook really happened? Yes Definitely questions about some things.

Last edited by SPG on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:03 am 
Son of Perdition

SPG wrote:

:lol:

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:57 am 
Stake High Council

Shulem wrote:
SPG wrote:

:lol:

I left my reply in his quote as answers to his questions. It says a lot.... About both of us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:22 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
I left my reply in his quote as answers to his questions. It says a lot.... About both of us.

Please fix it. I don't want to look like an idget. It's not polite to deceive folks and misquote someone on purpose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next