It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
Mittens wrote:
The Images below are accurate in explaining the Trinity, that is upheld by Trinitarians world wide :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/rt1vIXM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tJmtomW.jpg


Here you go. The trinity refuted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefirot

Image

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:46 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Vancouver Washington
Don't see the Trinity refuted :lol:

_________________
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
Mittens wrote:
Don't see the Trinity refuted :lol:

Didn't see the Trinity explained. :wink:

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 am 
God

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Vancouver Washington
Maksutov wrote:
Mittens wrote:
Don't see the Trinity refuted :lol:

Didn't see the Trinity explained. :wink:

Check my OP again :lol:

_________________
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
Mittens wrote:
Check my OP again :lol:

Nothing there but words, no evidence. Lots of theobabble that many Christians disagree with. There's no patent on Christianity. No copyright. It's whatever people say it is. Look around. When was the last time someone was locked up for being the wrong kind of Christian in your country?

Do you understand what I posted? Do you know what Qaballah is?

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:00 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
Simple. The Bibble is incoherent because it was composed by many people. That anyone would expect a truly rational system to emerge from such a wild bundle of tales and traditions is as big a mystery as the Trinity. In fact, it's the same thing.

The Trinity was a cause to fight over, like what day you do your Sabbath on, or how you make the sign of the cross, what language your Bible is in, how many books are in it, whether your priest can do the horizontal lambada or not, you know, all the verities of the eternities. :lol: Just go with the holy spirit and murder who they tell ya. Religions don't run by theology. Ask Constantine.

The Bible and the Trinity are not incoherent. The Bible and the Trinity are doctrinally far superior to anything man could philosophically dream up. The fact is you don't believe in GOD or His Word, and so any doctrinal stance is inconsequential to your logic. However, I find it rather odd that after all these years you still seem to be a fixture here --- so perhaps GOD is working on you and giving you every opportunity... The one reality is that at Judgement Day (whether or not you are willing to admit it or not), you will have absolutely NO excuses! :ugeek:


Last edited by LittleNipper on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:04 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
Mittens wrote:
Check my OP again :lol:

Nothing there but words, no evidence. Lots of theobabble that many Christians disagree with. There's no patent on Christianity. No copyright. It's whatever people say it is. Look around. When was the last time someone was locked up for being the wrong kind of Christian in your country?

Do you understand what I posted? Do you know what Qaballah is?
I don't know----Haven't they lock up some boy molesting priests? They certainly have not strapped a millstone around their necks and tossed them into the sea... But then who now follows what the Bible says unless it's convenient? :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:22 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
Mittens wrote:
Check my OP again :lol:

Nothing there but words, no evidence. Lots of theobabble that many Christians disagree with. There's no patent on Christianity. No copyright. It's whatever people say it is. Look around. When was the last time someone was locked up for being the wrong kind of Christian in your country?

Do you understand what I posted? Do you know what Qaballah is?

The difference between TRUE Christianity and simply calling anything Christianity is comparable to what Tesla and Edison had to say regarding Electricity. Tesla wanted to transmit electricity, but the problem with that is -- how does one make money. True Christianity is essentially FREE. False Christianity is manipulated at a price. Fancy temples, brocaded vestments, eloquent speakers, lavish music are not free. But to read the Bible and pray doesn't really cost anyone anything other than one's personal time. And that could be wasted on far less productive pursuits.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:47 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
Very nice of you to show up, Nipper. And with capitals and exclamation points too! But still factless. :lol:

Can we expect that all Christians agree on the Rapture and on the Assumption of Mary as well as on the Trinity? :cool:

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
Very nice of you to show up, Nipper. And with capitals and exclamation points too! But still factless. :lol:

Can we expect that all Christians agree on the Rapture and on the Assumption of Mary as well as on the Trinity? :cool:

The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support. I have Biblical support for my beliefs. What support do you posses for yours?


Last edited by LittleNipper on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:50 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Very nice of you to show up, Nipper. And with capitals and exclamation points too! But still factless. :lol:

Can we expect that all Christians agree on the Rapture and on the Assumption of Mary as well as on the Trinity? :cool:

The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.


But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that. And it's a doctrine for the largest group of Christians in the world. Math is tough, I know. :geek:

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.


But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that.

Is there any evidence that Pilot died? Is there any evidence that Joseph (Mary's husband) died? The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that the wages of sin is death. Now, what is the biblical probability? Yes. Mary died. Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Holy, holy, holy --- Lord GOD Almighty. The past, present, and yet to come. Sounds pretty Trinitarian to me...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that.

Is there any evidence that Pilot died? Is there any evidence that Joseph (Mary's husband) died? The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that the wages of sin is death. Now, what is the biblical probability? Yes. Mary died. Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Holy, holy, holy --- Lord GOD Almighty. The past, present, and yet to come. Sounds pretty Trinitarian to me...


So is anything that's incoherent considered trinitarian? That's cool. :lol:

"Biblical probability"....I want to hear more about that. Sounds sciencey. Did this come from the mail order 'university' you belong to?

Pssst. It's "Pilate".

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:17 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
[
The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.


But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that. And it's a doctrine for the largest group of Christians in the world. Math is tough, I know. :geek:


Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
LittleNipper wrote:
Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...


Are the illustrations as good as Jack Chick's?

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 am 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am
Posts: 4498
Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:
Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...


Are the illustrations as good as Jack Chick's?

You tell me ---- http://ebook.preservedwords.com/charts/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Are the illustrations as good as Jack Chick's?

You tell me ---- http://ebook.preservedwords.com/charts/


Nope. :cool:

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm 
God

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Vancouver Washington
God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

Genesis 1:
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

1 Thessalonians 5:
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Doctrine and Covenants
Section 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

_________________
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:07 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
Mittens wrote:
God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

Genesis 1:
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

1 Thessalonians 5:
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Doctrine and Covenants
Section 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


Your Godhead is pretty much confusing to me. Not sure about the D & C quote, either. Are you LDS?

Lots of talk about how great and powerful God is. Well of course, that kind of goes with being God, right? But all sorts of people with their sockpuppet Gods have said all sorts of things, including within Christianity. It's what you would expect. You just can't be literal/fundamentalist in applying it.

How is the world improved by an understanding of the trinity compared to, say, our understanding of DNA? We have been able to make all kinds of improvements in the real world with that knowledge. The trinity's peak was probably during the late Middle Ages.

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:29 pm
Posts: 4247
Mittens wrote:
God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

.

There is a puzzle here creating confusion. Since when is body soul spirit of a man all the same substance? Well there is some uncertainty about what a soul and spirit are though there is room for people to propose answers as they wish. Still despite different ideas a spirit is not usually thought of as a combination of carbon oxygen nitrogen and other elements as is the body.

Or is the idea of bodies composed of atoms one of those unbiblical sciencey things.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Trinity Explained
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 12313
Location: Multiverse
huckelberry wrote:
Mittens wrote:
God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

.

There is a puzzle here creating confusion. Since when is body soul spirit of a man all the same substance? Well there is some uncertainty about what a soul and spirit are though there is room for people to propose answers as they wish. Still despite different ideas a spirit is not usually thought of as a combination of carbon oxygen nitrogen and other elements as is the body.

Or is the idea of bodies composed of atoms one of those unbiblical sciencey things.


The trinity is a fiction that people are willing to kill each other over. The concept solves no problems, creates no avenue for research or data, is unfalsifiable. It's an evolved fantasy to obscure numerous logical fallacies. At this point it's basically a feature in marketing that's more sizzle than steak. :lol:

Now if humans want to acknowledge that reality is complex, that beings have many constituent and seemingly contrary parts, you will find me in agreement. But the trinity wars are artifacts of cult warfare, tribal identity signifiers without intrinsic content or worth, more valuable as weaponized against competing tribes/factions.

_________________
When a master has a Negro and uses him well, he is much better off than if he was free.-Brigham Young


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group