It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From ''An Uproarious Cavalcade of Abuse''
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
If Shades made that statement, I fully believe him.

What happens online? A vast multitude of things, not the least of which is that this is a horribly deficient method of communication. Always has been, always will be.

Where DCP believes he's being demonized here (let's say) he completely ignores the blatant fact and truth that he, in turn, demonizes the community here. There's a huge blind spot in him. Is there a huge blind spot in us? Could be!

I have no horse in this LDS race. None whatsoever. I have positively nothing to gain by reading or engaging in these Mormon related topics in terms of increasing my sense of self worth or self satisfaction. My "side" never "wins" because I don't have a side to start with. So far as I am concerned, I've been watching a living detective series play out in front of my very eyes for 18 years on the screen.

What captures my interest most (besides the dynamic interaction between critics and apologists) are the personal stories of people over the years. I've known some of you folks going back 18 years of both our lives. I've encountered full on TBM's who through a series of circumstances, discoveries, and shall we say, personal revelation, come out of Mormonism to one degree or another. I'm talking apologists, former Bishops and the like, and nearly all of them BIC. I've seen them completely go rogue in their opposition to their former faith community. I've seen them come out with a clear and abiding affection for their Mormon people and culture.

Let me go out on a limb here and note the journey of Philo Sofee who has made his journey public. This is someone I came in contact with god, probably 15 years ago. He was a full on, enthusiastic and sometimes aggressive apologist. You couldn't miss him in the crowd because the guy threw sparks with his posts! He still does! He is still the same person I came to know all those years ago and only his perspectives have changed. Where he once viewed his religion and his faith community from the inside looking out at the critics, he's now on the outside looking back and looking IN.

And yet, nothing else has changed about him! He still has a thirst for knowledge, he eats books like it's his food, and I am more than certain that he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

And Daniel Peterson (are you reading this, buddy?) speaks of him today as if Philo Sofee is a stranger to him. He has obviously shoved him away because he jumped the fence and chose to intellectually run free. He talks about Philo Sofee as if he never knew him to begin with!

And Liz, for god sakes (here I go), he enjoyed her support over the years on this board and from behind the scenes on her private Geeks board. (You're getting it with both barrels now, Daniel, so sit there and take it like a man for once) I cannot count the number of times that she went to bat for him on this board when I was still posting here and when I was banned. When I was banned she would go to bat for him by squaring off with Scratch and others.

What you all didn't see, was how many Geeks posters were telling her to stop doing that (because it was stressing her out and quite frankly, there were times when she made a damn fool of herself ) while Daniel just sat there and basically enjoyed the ____ show. I can supply quotes if needed and I will if I need to provide documentation of this. I'm willing to supply copies of my own posts and DCP's. I would never supply quotes from anyone else.

Later, as I mentioned in a recent post, she posted here on MormonDiscussions.com and Geeks about her personal situation and her concerns for her child. Geeks and MormonDiscussions.com posters offered support and encouragement. I myself had become estranged from her on account of other issues and even *I* posted here in response to her concerns.

What did Daniel do? He wrote her a note and told her that since she apparently had "gone back to MormonDiscussions.com" he'd have to bail on Geeks.

Why????? What the hell damn difference did it make if he was registered to post on her private board that no one but it's members could see? It made no difference at all. None. And yet, where others came to lend support, encouragement, and well wishes for her journey, Daniel C. Peterson dropped her ass like a hot ____ potato in her time of need because she was beginning to question the church she grew up in (keep in mind that she came to the boards already NOM) and used her posting on MormonDiscussions.com as the excuse when she had never LEFT MormonDiscussions.com to begin with and posted in HIS defense for many years! This woman couldn't have possibly been truer to him!

Let me just stop here and say, "____ you, Daniel". ____ you and your half baked self serving friendships. ____ you and your exploitation of others. ____ you for taking and never giving anything back to the very people who have seen fit to align themselves with you and defend you on these godforsaken boards. Two cases in point, Philo Soffee and Liz.

What DCP is missing is that there are people on this board who once shared the very same faith community that he enjoys. He's missing the stories of people and their reasons for doubt and distancing themselves. He doesn't want to know the particulars, he doesn't want to understand them. He wants to keep them at arms length as the "anonymous cowards" he calls them so he can shoot into the faceless crowd and condemn them.

He doesn't even want to know the people who once extended the hand of friendship to him. No, he instead slaps them in the face with his own hand and shoves them away like they never existed. He wants to use people until they are no longer useful to him and then he simply discards them.

So while we can say that this is an imperfect form of communication and that we can miss the likeable person in the heat of battle so to speak, and while I am certain he'd be fun to have lunch with and perhaps talk travels with, I can NOT miss the horrid treatment he has given his prior loyal friends in the name of taking sides and particularly when those friends have been in need. This leads me to believe that the story about the young man who was suicidal is either a self serving fabrication or something close to it, for I maintain that I see no evident empathy in his comments regarding the young man just as I witnessed no evident empathy in how he handled his relationship with people who called him friend.
And the Book of Mormon is still true! :lol:

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan

Post subject: Re: An Uproarious Cavalcade of Abuse
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:15 pm 
God

Look up "bathos," zerinus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:
I don't know what it is about Mormonism that breeds such paper-thin friendships. I am sure that it is not always the case. But it does seem to be prevalent.
If you want to have friends, be one.

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 pm 
God

consiglieri wrote:

Look up "troll", zerinus.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 pm 
God

zerinus wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
I don't know what it is about Mormonism that breeds such paper-thin friendships. I am sure that it is not always the case. But it does seem to be prevalent.
If you want to have friends, be one.

Go ____ yourself.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
Look up "troll", zerinus.
Jersey Girl wrote:
Go ____ yourself.