Mormon Discussions
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/

TV version of Jane Eyre
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=997
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Mary [ Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:40 am ]
Post subject:  TV version of Jane Eyre

If anyone is into this book, (I was as a young girl) then you might like the latest TV adaption. I sat riveted throughout!!

It was 'damned' fantastic!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/janeeyre/

Image

Toby Stephens was breath-taking!

Author:  jayneedoe [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TV version of Jane Eyre

Miss Taken wrote:
If anyone is into this book, (I was as a young girl) then you might like the latest TV adaption. I sat riveted throughout!!

It was 'damned' fantastic!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/janeeyre/

Image

Toby Stephens was breath-taking!


Wasn't it wonderful? The woman who played Jane was perfect! Didn't she have the most flawless skin?

I felt so lucky to have I stumbled upon it. It took me out of my miseries for a few hours. :)

Jaynee

Author:  Mary [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:03 am ]
Post subject: 

It's coming out on DVD, so I am going to have the luxury of watching it again whenever I want to emerse myself in a bit of romantic angst and drama!
(Mind you this board is pretty good for that.....(drama that is!!))

Author:  Sam Harris [ Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Miss Taken wrote:
It's coming out on DVD, so I am going to have the luxury of watching it again whenever I want to emerse myself in a bit of romantic angst and drama!
(Mind you this board is pretty good for that.....(drama that is!!))


I love the story of Jane Eyre, I think I've read it at least three times. I've seen the various versions, but not this one yet. I'm glad to hear its coming out on DVD. Definitely one that must go in my collection.

Author:  Mary [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

GIMR, you just 'have' to watch this version!!!

Hopefully, you will love it. For me, it's the best yet.
The actress gets Jane just right (IMO of course), and Toby Stephens, well
they couldn't have picked better if they had tried.

Watched him on the BBC morning show, and in real life he looks NOTHING like
his character..(sigh)!!!!

Mary

Author:  Sam Harris [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is it on DVD already?

Author:  Mary [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

GIMR

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jane-Eyre-2006- ... UTF8&s=dvd

Hope this link works!!!!!
Mary

Author:  Mary [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just in case that didn't work

From Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Eyre-Masterp ... UTF8&s=dvd

Author:  Sam Harris [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yippy Skippy!

Thanks, MissTaken :-)

Author:  Mary [ Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

No problem!!!

Mary

Author:  Alter Idem [ Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

It was the best adaptation I've seen so far! We couldn't wait a whole week for the second part. Even my little six year old watched the whole thing. All week she kept asking me when it was going to be on for the conclusion.

This will be one we will buy for sure!

Author:  Mary [ Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alter Idem wrote:
It was the best adaptation I've seen so far! We couldn't wait a whole week for the second part. Even my little six year old watched the whole thing. All week she kept asking me when it was going to be on for the conclusion.

This will be one we will buy for sure!


Glad you liked it too Alter Idem..
The Brits do seem to do period drama quite well!!!!
Mary

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/