Abolish ICE

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Abolish ICE

Post by _Icarus »

Haven: "A place offering favorable opportunities or conditions."

Haven: "A haven is a place where people or animals feel safe, secure, and happy."

Any questions?

Incidentally, Icarus, I don’t know which world you’re living in but people get fired all the time over jokes. I invite you to spend, oh I’d say 5 seconds, on your preferred Internet search engine researching that reality. We’ll stand by for you to come back and share with us your discoveries.

You don't see any conflict of interest here at all huh? Just chalk it up to normal silliness in the workplace.

If there were 70 employees working for the Red Cross on a secret social media page talking about how HIV victims needs to die because they got what they deserved .....

The point is the people who so transparently hate immigrants the most shouldn't be given jobs that give them legal authority to exercise power over them. A lot of racists will join ICE for that reason alone, and apparently it seems there are more than enough co-workers to make them feel welcome. What you and subgenius dismiss as normal silliness and jokes is anything but. It is pure hatred and hatred is what causes people do act inappropriately, and in the case of law enforcement we're talking about human rights / civil rights violations.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Any questions?

Just because people may have said or read something racist doesn't mean they treated anyone unfairly on the job.

The idea of leaving the border wide open and unenforced as a consequence is looney tunes. How about we leave your house or car unlocked and offer amnesty to anyone who steals your stuff or assaults you?
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why don’t you hire private militias to patrol the open border?
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

Icarus wrote:Haven: "A place offering favorable opportunities or conditions."

Haven: "A haven is a place where people or animals feel safe, secure, and happy."

Any questions?

Incidentally, Icarus, I don’t know which world you’re living in but people get fired all the time over jokes. I invite you to spend, oh I’d say 5 seconds, on your preferred Internet search engine researching that reality. We’ll stand by for you to come back and share with us your discoveries.

You don't see any conflict of interest here at all huh? Just chalk it up to normal silliness in the workplace.

If there were 70 employees working for the Red Cross on a secret social media page talking about how HIV victims needs to die because they got what they deserved .....

The point is the people who so transparently hate immigrants the most shouldn't be given jobs that give them legal authority to exercise power over them. A lot of racists will join ICE for that reason alone, and apparently is seems there are more than enough co-workers to make them feel welcome. What you and subgenius dismiss as normal silliness and jokes is anything but. It is pure hatred and hatred is what causes people do act inappropriately, and in the case of law enforcement we're talking about human rights / civil rights violations.

I'm not entirely certain you actually read anything I posted. Your responses are strange.

If I understand you correctly, we need to abolish ICE because there was a racist captain in ICE and there was an inappropriate, even racist, secret Facebook group for a totally different organization. Did I get that right?

Also, evidently everywhere is a haven for almost anything. This site itself has hosted some rather unsavory characters in my short tenure here. We should shut down MoDisc because it is just such a haven. Convince me otherwise.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Icarus wrote:If there were 70 employees working for the Red Cross on a secret social media page talking about how HIV victims needs to die because they got what they deserved .....

The point is the people who so transparently hate immigrants the most shouldn't be given jobs that give them legal authority to exercise power over them. A lot of racists will join ICE for that reason alone, and apparently is seems there are more than enough co-workers to make them feel welcome. What you and subgenius dismiss as normal silliness and jokes is anything but. It is pure hatred and hatred is what causes people do act inappropriately, and in the case of law enforcement we're talking about human rights / civil rights violations.

ajax18 wrote:Just because people may have said or read something racist doesn't mean they treated anyone unfairly on the job.

Well, let's put it this way. If found out that a young man your daughter had met at high school was spending a lot of time on websites with graphic depictions of rape, and participated in chat rooms where people talked about how cool rape was and how women deserved it, would you let your daughter go out with him?

Remember, Just because people may have said or read something suggesting a strong interest in rape doesn't mean they actually raped anybody. So be consistent, OK?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Why don’t you hire private militias to patrol the open border?

Conservatives around the country are more than happy to donate the necessary funds to build the wall. So what has stopped us? Unfortunately the Democrats control the House and won't allow it.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dems are stopping private security services from patrolling the border? What about on private property? What about property open to the public?
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

ajax18 wrote:
Conservatives around the country are more than happy to donate the necessary funds to build the wall. So what has stopped us? Unfortunately the Democrats control the House and won't allow it.

There was a GOP majority in the House for the first two years Trump was in office.

Why wasn't it done then?
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken