It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gulags to help denazify Trump supporters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 am 
God

EAllusion, I admit to being a bit nonplussed to think there are current Stalin stans. I am familiar with folks using communist ideas and goals but being careful to separate from Stalin. Even the USSR was doing some distancing in the 50s60s.

Some have made an observation that in communist thinking there is a gravitational pull towards Lenin's dictatorship as necessary view which certainly sets the stage for Stalin's program of establishment at all costs.(police terror, starvation, and slave camps for political suspects)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 pm 
God

Chap wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
Even most other Republicans and Conservatives realize what a fraudulent and corrupt organization Project Veritas is. How can someone claiming to be a scientifically trained, professional Optometrist possibly be gullible enough to still take them even the slightest bit seriously?

People keep things in compartments. Ajax18 would not prescribe for a patient without assuring himself that there were solid factual and scientific grounds for choosing a particular course of action, but politics and religion? Naah, there the gut rules, not the bits of the brain that do rationality.

Remember that there are highly trained and competent scientists who still believe in the Book of Mormon, the Koran, the Bible, and a lot of other stuff whose factual basis is, shall we say, debatable.

Yes, I realize all that, and that ajax18 is may be a prime example of what you are talking about, but I was hoping to elicit a response from him to understand how he rationalizes taking such obvious frauds seriously, and attempting (probably futilely) to jog the "bits of his brain that do rationality."

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Chap wrote:
People keep things in compartments. Ajax18 would not prescribe for a patient without assuring himself that there were solid factual and scientific grounds for choosing a particular course of action, but politics and religion? Naah, there the gut rules, not the bits of the brain that do rationality.

Remember that there are highly trained and competent scientists who still believe in the Book of Mormon, the Koran, the Bible, and a lot of other stuff whose factual basis is, shall we say, debatable.

Yes, I realize all that, and that ajax18 is a prime example of what you are talking about...

With all due respect to what Chap said (which is unequivocally true in most contexts), I really don't think we can assume ajax is one of those cases. Unless we know the quality of his doctoring, we're left wondering whether he's competent or not.

His posts, therefore, are not encouraging.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm 
Sunbeam

This thread is filled with Classic Abuser fallbacks

DARVO: Deny, Attack and Reverse Victim and Offender' work best together.

Gaslight: accuse the person of not knowing the difference between real and fake

Dogpile: attack and marginlize anyone who does not submit to group hierachy and thought.

This place has all the hallmarks of a cult. Its a trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:44 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
Bernie Sanders is probably one of the most evil and dangerous men in American politics I've seen in my lifetime.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. That honor clearly belongs to Donald J. Trump.

This is the kind of thing that makes it clear ajax is absolutely full of ____. He knows it's Trump.

Perfume on my Mind wrote:
He has to know it's Trump. If you are competent enough to turn on a computer, you know Trump is the most obvious corrupt piece of ____ this country's ever seen in a President.

ajax is simply a ____ liar. He has to be. It's either that or someone has to turn his computer on for him and take dictation to enter his idiotic, blathering posts.

I tend to be with you on this. For ajax to claim to hold the views he does, given the readily available evidence, he has to be, at the very least dishonest (at least with himself), if he possesses any degree of rationality.

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm 
God

iwanttotalk wrote:

Really? And who would the charismatic leader be?

It's always fun to be accused of being in a cult by someone who's in a cult. Good times.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 pm 
God

iwanttotalk wrote:

Dogpile: attack and marginlize anyone who does not submit to group hierachy and thought.

More projection in this post than in the local cineplex

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
I tend to be with you on this. For ajax to claim to hold the views he does, given the readily available evidence, he has to be, at the very least dishonest (at least with himself), if he possesses any degree of rationality.

I have to admit that ajax is a puzzle to me. I have a bit of a fascination with his case. I only say this because I haven't chosen to dismiss him completely, like I have others around here. I suppose I have an irrational suspicion he can be cured.

Totally irrational.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 pm 
God

iwanttotalk wrote:

Given the widely known previous fraudulent and criminal activity of O'Keefe and his Project Veritas, anyone who still un-skeptically takes any claim by that organization seriously, obviously has significant difficulty distinguishing between real and fake.

― Harlan Ellison

Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm 
Sunbeam

iwanttotalk wrote:

Really? And who would the charismatic leader be?

It's always fun to be accused of being in a cult by someone who's in a cult. Good times.

DARVO

MissTish wrote:
iwanttotalk wrote:

Gaslight

Gunnar wrote:

I have to admit that ajax is a puzzle to me. I have a bit of a fascination with his case. I only say this because I haven't chosen to dismiss him completely, like I have others around here. I suppose I have an irrational suspicion he can be cured.

Totally irrational.

Dogpile in group/outgroup.

Are you real?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:05 pm 
God

MissTish wrote:
iwanttotalk wrote:

Exactly!

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
MissTish wrote:

Exactly!

It's starting to feel like this guy is just acting like a brain dead Trumpster. Every post is self-parody.

If he's serious, he's an idiot. If he's messing with us, he's a troll.

Last edited by Some Schmo on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
Chap wrote:

Yes, I realize all that, and that ajax18 may be a prime example of what you are talking about...

With all due respect to what Chap said (which is unequivocally true in most contexts), I really don't think we can assume ajax is one of those cases. Unless we know the quality of his doctoring, we're left wondering whether he's competent or not.

His posts, therefore, are not encouraging.

After reading you response above, I changed my post as underlined. I agree we have no way of knowing how competent he really is or how well "the bits of his brain that do rationality" are really working for him and his patients.

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:33 pm 
God

It's starting to feel like this guy is just acting like a braid dead Trumpster. Every post is self-parody.

What does having a dead "braid" have to do with it? :wink:

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:35 pm 
God

Quote:
I suppose I have an irrational suspicion he can be cured.

Through the methods of Kyle Jurek and Joseph Stalin I presume.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:59 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

I expect that it would be at least as hard to cure you as to cure a flat earther.

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:17 pm 
God

Gunnar wrote:
It's starting to feel like this guy is just acting like a braid dead Trumpster. Every post is self-parody.

What does having a dead "braid" have to do with it? :wink:

Good catch. I fixed it.

Thanks sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

It surprises me not at all you would presume that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:48 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

Don't worry about that. If we competently and successfully use such methods, you will never realize that we did. :smile:

― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:59 pm 
God

Quote:
I expect that it would be at least as hard to cure you as to cure a flat earther.

harder I would hope

I'm just happy to have been cured of my faith crisis and false beliefs that led to it. I honestly couldn't be more at peace and hopeful of what is to come in the spirit world and beyond. So in a sense Schmo is right. I am happy with my reality right now. The choice to believe and have faith is better than anything modern medicine could ever provide.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 pm 
Sunbeam

ajax18 wrote:
Quote:

Hey Ajax. What do you make of this?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49123&start=441

“Swamp watch news” pg 22

Quote:
Trump’s family, too, has proven to be a serious expense for the agency. As the Post notes: “Since their father was elected, Trump’s sons Eric and Donald Jr. have made business trips to overseas locales including Ireland, Scotland, Dubai, Uruguay, and India. In 2017, Eric Trump’s visit to a Trump building under construction in Uruguay cost taxpayers $97,000.” Last September, the Secret Service also put in a bid to buy Jet Skis, so that federal agents could protect the Trump family off the shore of Mar-a-Lago.

I can't stand the thought of using tax dollars to protect those assholes. A couple bullets would be much cheaper and better for the country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next