Gulags to help denazify Trump supporters

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Gulags to help denazify Trump supporters

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:LOL

Doc writes a post about how some people can't be bothered to read a post if it's too long. The post is meta: he makes it long to demonstrate the point.

Right on cue, ajax responds to that post as though he didn't read it. It's your basic QED.

Then iwtt comes along and asks how ajax tolerates these posts... that apparently he doesn't read. That's... quite a mystery right there.

You can't make this crap up. Nice job, Doc.

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

iwanttotalk wrote:You’re obviously intelligent enough to realize the kind of people you're trying to have a conversation with.

Intelligent enough ... to know that he’s being called out for this display of outstanding inconsistency and illogic? -

ajax18 wrote:Bernie Sanders is probably one of the most evil and dangerous men in American politics I've seen in my lifetime.
ajax18 wrote: The fact that you hate him so much means he's doing something right.

I’d ask you to explain it ... but you’re not going to be able to.

; )
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Hey Ajax. What do you make of this?

Schmo needs the gospel. He's in kind of a hopeless state right now.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:Schmo needs the gospel. He's in kind of a hopeless state right now.

I've had the gospel. I was never so miserable.

I wouldn't go back to church even if I had iron clad proof it was true. Eternity is too short for that.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_iwanttotalk
_Emeritus

Post by _iwanttotalk »

ajax18 wrote:
Hey Ajax. What do you make of this?

Schmo needs the gospel. He's in kind of a hopeless state right now.

He may have, but so did I thanks. It has been a long time since I've meditated upon the precepts of faith and wisdom.

Go with God.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I was once miserable in the gospel too. Perhaps you got the wrong opinion from someone. I guarantee you if you were miserable you misunderstood Christ's gospel or just simply allowed Satan to lie to you, as I once did. I think you have integrity Schmo. You're straight up honest about how you feel. In the spirit world we'll all be this way because it's impossible not to be able to know each others thoughts. But the spirit world is also a very self segregated place. As miserable as it is being around evil people, it's even more miserable being around the righteous when you're in a misguided and fallen state. It's a shame your father isn't around to tell you this. I hope you'll listen to him when you see him again on the other side.

I wouldn't go back to church even if I had iron clad proof it was true.

This is why you don't believe. It's not because belief is irrational. Whatever your belief was made you miserable and who would want to believe such a thing? The good news Schmo is that nobody is ultimately cheated. There is justice. There is mercy. There is joy. All wounds are healed through our Lord Jesus Christ. What is miserable about any of that? I find that so comforting I probably would choose to believe it whether it were true or not. But here's the best part. It is true. But you're never going to find any of that knowledge until you can look past the physical world and into the spiritual world.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:

I was once miserable in the gospel too. Perhaps you got the wrong opinion from someone. I guarantee you if you were miserable you misunderstood Christ's gospel or just simply allowed Satan to lie to you, as I once did.

It's not about the gospel, per se. It's about church culture, which is anti-me. I'm not comfortable around people talking about spirits and ghosts and the afterlife as though those are real things. In fact, if people like to talk about that kind of stuff, I generally find myself repelled by them, by that kind of personality. When I find myself in a situation where people are talking "mystically," I want to look at everyone and say, "You're just joking around, right? You people aren't serious." Sometimes I do.

There's no making the gospel make sense, ajax. Nobody has an opinion of it that works for me. I've heard it all. Nobody has anything groundbreaking and original. It's all the same old tired crap. It all sounds like it was created out of wishful thinking.

ajax18 wrote:I think you have integrity Schmo. You're straight up honest about how you feel. In the spirit world we'll all be this way because it's impossible not to be able to know each others thoughts. But the spirit world is also a very self segregated place. As miserable as it is being around evil people, it's even more miserable being around the righteous when you're in a misguided and fallen state. It's a shame your father isn't around to tell you this. I hope you'll listen to him when you see him again on the other side.

Heh. That would be something.

ajax18 wrote:
I wouldn't go back to church even if I had iron clad proof it was true.

This is why you don't believe. It's not because belief is irrational. Whatever your belief was made you miserable and who would want to believe such a thing?

No. I don't believe because I've never encountered a reason to believe. All I've seen are reasons not to believe.

I'd like to believe that I can bench-press 400 pounds. However, the evidence is against me, so I can't actually believe it. It would be nice, comforting even, but it's not true so I can't hold the idea seriously in my head.

And I will say that one of the happiest times in my life was when I quit church and released that mental paradigm. It felt like what I imagine the relief is for someone finally getting a body cast removed after 6 months. I'm free!
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.