It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The New War with Iran
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:45 pm 
God

Not sure why Trump started the war with Iran, but I am guessing it was his way of coping with the Senate impeachment. Seems a shame to go to war since the fix was in courtesy of Moscow Mitch.

Post subject: Re: The New War with Iran
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:49 pm 
God

I don't even know how this started or why it started.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 pm 
God

Anyone want to guess why he tweeted that out shortly before the drone strike, and why he deleted it?

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:04 pm 
God

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-t ... ike-2020-1

https://heavy.com/news/2020/01/trump-so ... -response/

Welp. There you go.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:06 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Anyone want to guess why he tweeted that out shortly before the drone strike, and why he deleted it?

- Doc

I'll take because he (who is holds no position in the administration) was given a heads up on so-called secret military action by Daddy, tweeted it because he's all gung ho and ____, and then someone told him to shut the hell up and delete it, for 200$ Alex.

Unless I'm wrong. I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:12 pm 
God

I wonder if Eric Trump is in possession of a TS-SCI clearance... Anyhoo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtr ... 25408?s=21

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran. -DJT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:32 pm 
God

Informing Eric, but not Congress or key American allies. :sad: Letting a demented scofflaw unilaterlly get us into a war seems awful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm 
God

moksha wrote:
Informing Eric, but not Congress or key American allies. :sad: Letting a demented scofflaw unilaterlly get us into a war seems awful.

Assassinating a top official of another government is a sign of international criminality. We have set ourselves up for a new wave of terrorism because of Trump's meglomanical psychopathy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:47 am 
God

Now this might be something to impeach over, plus stealing Syrian oil, and Yemen, and looking the other way when Khashoggi was chopped up.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 am 
God

moksha wrote:
Not sure why Trump started the war with Iran, but I am guessing it was his way of coping with the Senate impeachment. Seems a shame to go to war since the fix was in courtesy of Moscow Mitch.

I can't help but strongly suspect that Trump figures that being at war with some country or other at the time of the election is the best way to insure his reelection. His overriding motivation for everything he does is is what he thinks will benefit himself, no matter how many people are hurt or even killed in the process. I really don't think he cares about anyone or anything else.

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

It is possible that Chelsea Clinton had inside information about top secret operations, but we will never know, because if she did have inside information, she was never stupid enough to publicly announce it. Trump's kids come off as some of the dumbest and most arrogant people on Earth. Where would they be without their daddy's influence?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:08 pm 
God

The Eric Trump tweet at least has enough ambiguity to offer a sliver of plausible deniability. Lindsey Graham confirmed he had advance knowledge while Congressional Democrats, including the Speaker of the House and Senate minority leader, were kept in the dark. President Trump then retweeted Dinesh D’Sousa saying they were kept in the dark for the same reason Iran was. That’s unconscionable stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:45 pm 
God

It appears it also turns out the US briefed its authoritarian allies in the Middle East ahead of the attacks, but not its European allies.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:44 pm 
High Priest

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/statu ... 15616?s=20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:14 pm 
God

Icarus wrote:
https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1213148719685615616?s=20

So this starting a war to get re-elected has been on Trump's mind for quite some time. What a psychopath!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:17 pm 
High Priest

moksha wrote:
Icarus wrote:
https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1213148719685615616?s=20

So this starting a war to get re-elected has been on Trump's mind for quite some time. What a psychopath!

Looks like he wrote memo to self. Start war with Iran as soon as my last year in office begins.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm 
God

How exactly is Iran going to retaliate? Start aiding and abetting terrorists to carry out attacks on the US and Israel? I'm pretty sure that's what Iran does whether you fight them or give them 6 ton pallets of cash as Obama did. It doesn't really change how Iran behaves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:10 pm 
God

Icarus wrote:

Looks like he wrote memo to self. Start war with Iran as soon as my last year in office begins.

There are only two sets of circumstances in which Presidential incumbents have lost. 1) Run during a recession. 2) Run during an unpopular war.

Trump would be so dumb to chance the second condition. That’s overlearning wagging the dog.

On the other hand, Trump is a corrupt, amoral idiot prone to impulsive decisions and strategy, so it being a bad idea isn’t a reason why that couldn’t be a motive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:15 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
How exactly is Iran going to retaliate? Start aiding and abetting terrorists to carry out attacks on the US and Israel? I'm pretty sure that's what Iran does whether you fight them or give them 6 ton pallets of cash as Obama did. It doesn't really change how Iran behaves.
The Obama admin negotiated the return of seized Iranian assets as part of a broader series of trade offs in a peace deal aimed at nuclear nonproliferation that was working before the Trump admin blew it up. The knuckle dragging media you consume that portrays this as a pretty please bribe is misleading you.

Iran could do more if it wanted to is the answer to your question. Some of your political heroes might suffer some unfortunate accidents. You might think they’re already doing all they can, but they were not.

I’m no expert on Iran, but it seems like they would be wise to develop nuclear weapons ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm 
God

I wonder why the state department is telling American citizens to flee Iraq if this action just maintains the status quo or makes them safer. Strange, that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:21 pm 
God

ajax18 wrote:
How exactly is Iran going to retaliate?

It will ignite the whole region, increase Russia and China's sphere of influence, and lead to terrorist reprisals throughout the world. Our way of fighting this war against terror seems to cause more terrorist provocations. Assassinating the Iranian second in command was a huge bonehead move in this regard. A huge bonehead move provoked by Trump's psychopathic need to meet his own needs over those of America.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next