Whistleblower dead pool, anyone?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Whistleblower dead pool, anyone?

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Now that the President has indirectly outed the whistleblower's real identity, and thus not respecting the whole framework of the federal whistleblower program, anyone want to take a guess at when he gets shot?

https://Twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status ... eblower%2F

I'll guess May 16th, 2020.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Whistleblower dead pool, anyone?

Post by _subgenius »

Until there is a direct link to Hillary Clinton the whistleblower will live a long and prosperous life.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

After what appeared to be a deletion of his whistleblower tweet, it’s back up.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/28/politics ... index.html

tl;dr - 55 damned tweets on Friday night, best summarized by this tweet:

Del Shores

@DelShores

In the middle of night Trump retweeted bots, conspiracy theory groups, fan accounts, even RTing unsubstantiated name of the whistleblower. He then unshared & deleted these tweets. Ambien? Drugs? Started drinking? Just f-ing unhinged? Prediction: Republicans will defend him!

Trump is retweeting tweets from accounts who espouse Qanon and pizzagate conspiracies, by the way.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Trump will likely be assassinated after he wins this next election. The deep state wants the government to control everything, what/if you drive, what you eat, what news media you consume. Trump and Hannity have temporarily gotten in the way of that objective. The freedoms granted by the constitution are under heavy attack from the left.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/77685284 ... y-its-used

In a search of TV transcripts, the term "deep state" appeared only 64 times in 2016, the year Lofgren published his book.

In 2017, it shot up to nearly 2,300 mentions, and surged to nearly 5,000 hits last year, many of them on Fox News.

I don't think Ajax18 larped about the 'deep state' any time before Fox News started scaremongering the words. This kind of shows you how influential the Fox News DEEP STATE goes, no?

- Doc

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Yeah, the fact that Fox News has a following makes me think there's something to be said for eugenics.

damned Nazis had to ruin it for everyone.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

ajax18 wrote:Trump will likely be assassinated after he wins this next election. The deep state wants the government to control everything, what/if you drive, what you eat, what news media you consume.

Hannity knows through marsupial instinct that a horde of Deep State Marmosets will descend on Trump and gnaw his head, thereby disabling the disheveled alien creature that had been perched on his head for the last twenty years.

Pass it on.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

moksha wrote:
ajax18 wrote:Trump will likely be assassinated after he wins this next election. The deep state wants the government to control everything, what/if you drive, what you eat, what news media you consume.

Hannity knows through marsupial instinct that a horde of Deep State Marmosets will descend on Trump and gnaw his head, thereby disabling the disheveled alien creature that had been perched on his head for the last twenty years.

Pass it on.

:lol: :lol: Even that makes more sense than the Trump defense team's strategy of trying to get Trump Acquitted by arguing that abuse of power is not an impeachable offense. The mere fact that they are falling back on that line of defense shows desperation to grasp any straw they can to justify exonerating Trump. They know that there is no way they can come close to credibly arguing that Trump is not guilty of abusing his power, so they had to work hard to find some lawyer who could be persuaded to argue that abuse of power is not grounds for impeachment, which is obviously contrary to what virtually all other legal scholars maintain, including those who originally drafted the U.S. constitution, and even contrary to what that one lawyer, Alan Dershowitz, himself, once maintained! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgfDZKoU45Q.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison