It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You can't handle the truth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:50 pm 
God

The job numbers under Obama continued to improve. Trump and other GOP figures said the numbers were being cooked. Now the job numbers are improving under Trump but no one is saying the Trump is cooking the books

The intelligence services said that the Russians were trying to interfere in the US elections but Trump supporters are saying it was the Ukrainians who interfered and were blaming the Russians.

Everyone belongs to a tribe and believe the stories put out by their leaders. I can't understand why Americans just try to find the truth and if uncomfortable for their side accept it.

I have watched your President this last two years and to be honest he comes accross as a liar and a dope. Gullible Evangelicals think he is the chosen one. His spiritual adviser Paula White is a three times married prosperity preacher. No wonder Macron and other leaders were laughing at him behind his back.

Post subject: Re: You can't handle the truth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:59 am 
Founder & Visionary

aussieguy55 wrote:
Everyone belongs to a tribe and believe the stories put out by their leaders. I can't understand why Americans just try to find the truth and if uncomfortable for their side accept it.

Yeah, that sure is an odd quirk of Americans of which no one else of any other nationality is guilty.

--Analytics, 09-11-2019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:46 am 
God

I don't hold to the idea that only Americans are defective in that matter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:35 am 
God

Who can't handle the truth?

- Doc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:04 am 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
I don't hold to the idea that only Americans are defective in that matter.

Oh good.

So why did you post this?

Quote:
I can't understand why Americans just try to find the truth and if uncomfortable for their side accept it.

That sentence is pretty 'defective', but it's definitely about Americans in particular.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:54 am 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
I have watched your President this last two years and to be honest he comes across as a liar and a dope.

That is only because he chooses to speak in public and tweet multiple times daily. If he spent all his time playing golf and delegating the running of the government to his staff, the only criticism would be his lack of leadership.
Quote:
No wonder Macron and other leaders were laughing at him behind his back.

Let's see how Justin Trudeau will be laughing when American drones fly over Ottawa. You can't laugh at a stable genius and not expect an upcoming military engagement.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:29 pm 
God

Washington: "I can't tell a lie"
Trump: "I can't tell the truth"
Fox Viewers: "I can't tell the difference"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
Washington: "I can't tell a lie"
Trump: "I can't tell the truth"
Fox Viewers: "I can't tell the difference"

So true--especially the third one.

No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 am 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
I have watched your President this last two years and to be honest he comes accross as a liar and a dope.

You're only saying that because Trump is a liar and a dope.

Trump is what you get when you're an idiot with a confidence born out of never having any responsibility in your life, and getting continuously bailed out every time you ____ up, which is regularly. He thinks he's brilliant, which is another sign of just how ____ stupid he is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm 
God

So stupid he thanked the first lady for doing the "Christmas" decorations at the Jewish hanukkah at the White House.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:08 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
So stupid he thanked the first lady for doing the "Christmas" decorations at the Jewish hanukkah at the White House.

Quote:
East Room

December 11, 2019
8:32 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much everybody. Wow, what a crowd. You know, I did this a little while ago with a very similar group of people. Some are here for the second time — Ron — but that’s good. That means you love Israel and you love everything we’re doing. And I’m very honored to have you all here. Thank you very much.

And I want to thank our great First Lady. She’s done the most incredible Christmas decorations. (Applause.) And we’re excited to welcome so many friends to the White House as we wish you all a very Happy Hanukkah. (Applause.)

Aussieguy,

What's wrong with you?

edit: 2019 East Room - https://www.washingtonian.com/wp-conten ... 0x1000.jpg

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 pm 
God

As unemployment numbers improved during the Obama admin, a natural consequence of how the business cycle works, conservative media was obsessed with attacking front line unemployment metrics and this was picked up by mainstream media as a serious debate that got a lot of coverage.

Since Trump has been president, right-wing media has entirely dropped this *ahem* "debate" over unemployment measures and the mainstream media has followed suit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:51 pm 
God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGDQjAyrpPo

At the end of this video Colbert shows the comments by Trump. Did you hear "Christmas Decorations"?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:11 pm 
God

So, you're saying it's a problem that he gives his wife public kudos for the White House's decorations during a Hanukkah thing? It was a nice nod to his wife's efforts, especially since they were holding their presser in the East Room (which I now take you didn't click on the link in order to see the decorations). This is what a hair fire looks like.

This first slide is what it looks like as you approach the East Room of the White House:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/white- ... ions-2019/

eta: Slide 13 is the East Room in case anyone is curious.

eta2: Also, I literally posted the transcript from his address. Why did you feel the need to post a Colbert youtube clip where he edited it to make Trump look insensitive along with some dumb ____ quip? Seems to me that it's you who can't handle the truth when it doesn't suit you.

- Doc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:27 pm 
God

What are your thoughts then on the charity court case where Trump has been accused of misusing funds for his own purposes and now his children have to do mandatory charity training. Don't you think there is something criminal about that? Here I would be in jail but then that is American justice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:04 am 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
What are your thoughts then on the charity court case where Trump has been accused of misusing funds for his own purposes and now his children have to do mandatory charity training. Don't you think there is something criminal about that? Here I would be in jail but then that is American justice.

Are you actually goldfishing right now? I want you to admit you took an innocuously nice kudos to the First Lady, that was made in an appropriate setting, while honoring Jews, and lit your hair on fire. If you don’t, then it’s apparent to me you have no objectivity.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:51 pm 
God

I got it wrong. Now do what do you think of the Trump charity debacle ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:56 pm 
God

by the way watch Chris Wallace on C-Span on Trump and freedom of the press

https://www.c-span.org/video/?467305-1/ ... om-newseum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm 
God

aussieguy55 wrote:
I got it wrong. Now do what do you think of the Trump charity debacle ?

I think he’s guilty, a criminal, and should be removed from office and prosecuted for a host of illegalities too numerous to list on this thread, to include yours.

- Doc