Facebook Marketplace (don't read this)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Facebook Marketplace (don't read this)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kittens_and_Jesus wrote:I once had a patient in an assisted living facility that smoked with his oxygen still running. One day he burned most the hair and beard off his head. Did that stop him from continuing to smoke with the oxygen on?

No, of course not.

One thing I've learned as a nurse is that there are a lot of people that insist on doing things they shouldn't while refusing to do the things they should.

Then they blame the medical team for their lack of progress...

I know right? back. I am NOT giving an open flame item to someone on oxygen. I couldn't live with myself.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Greetings from Bizzaro Land!

You guys will NOT believe this. So the candle saga continues. I've had folks interested but the logistics for pick up have been an issue. No problem for me. They're just some candles, I'm in no hurry, right?

Can I just tell you this? The lady on oxygen has contacted me again. She now wants to trade me a purse that she's selling (watch this) for 10$ for the candles which I've listed for 5$.

Who the heck does that? The candles are nothing special at all!

I'll remove the listing and take them to Goodwill before I'd let her have them. What if I read in the paper that some woman on oxygen tried to off herself with burning candles and actually did it? Like the candles are the only way she could think of to do it?

:eek:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Can I just tell you this? The lady on oxygen has contacted me again. She now wants to trade me a purse that she's selling (watch this) for 10$ for the candles which I've listed for 5$.

Who the heck does that? The candles are nothing special at all!

not special to you, but to her....revise your asking price to $25 plus a tank of oxygen.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent