Democrats represent the rich working class GOP

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Democrats represent the rich working class GOP

Post by _ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:The irony of this OP is that a ____ optometrist working in a comfy office, doing comfy work while admitting he’s ripping off tax payers by charging exorbitant fees, taking socialized monies, parasitically leeching off the collective backs of the American tax payer, has the audacity to ____ about Pelosi. Perhaps, if he gets his way, we can get back on the gold standard and he can negotiate with each patient a fair and agreed upon price of two silver pieces smithed by a local bank free from the constraints of the federal reserve.

- Doc

Ripping off medicaid? That is slander. You take that back!
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:Ripping off medicaid? That is slander. You take that back!

ajax, I’m curious, since you’ve mentioned that a certain portion of your customer base is partaking in either Medicaid or assistance programs - what percentage of your clientele seems to be using either?
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

It depends. Most ODs aren't willing to work for what medicaid pays. The fact that I do hardly means I'm guilty of fraud or ripping off medicaid. I'm done here. This has crossed the line.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:It depends. Most ODs aren't willing to work for what medicaid pays. The fact that I do hardly means I'm guilty of fraud or ripping off medicaid. I'm done here. This has crossed the line.

I would not claim that someone selling services to a Medicaid or assistance recipient is necessarily ripping off either.

Do you think that you’re seeing better than 50% that are in these categories?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:It depends. Most ODs aren't willing to work for what medicaid pays. The fact that I do hardly means I'm guilty of fraud or ripping off medicaid. I'm done here. This has crossed the line.

Phew. I’m glad I finally know what line there was to cross with our Stormfronter, separatist, and hypocrite. I was genuinely worried about his jimmies getting rustled for pointing out how he simultaneously hates socialized medicine while sucking on its teat. I guess my concerns have been proven correct. Our comfy optometrist who dreams of a RaHoWa will now have to console himself shaking the government hand that’s flush with cash. Lest anyone believe his poor working man shtick, he bragged a while ago he’s never done better taking our socialized medicine dollars. What a gig, hanging out in a climate controlled building every day, running a few tests, and prescribing some glasses all the while funneling six figures into his bank account.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Lest anyone believe his poor working man shtick, he bragged a while ago he’s never done better taking our socialized medicine dollars.

About that... I’m pretty sure that as much as ajax complains about a certain amount of his taxes going towards assistance/Medicaid/whatever, that he’s taking back in all and more of those dollars as income once the transfers are complete, as those folks use the money for services like what he offers.

I’d estimate that his benefit ratio in this transaction is much greater than the average across all occupations.

I could be wrong, but I’ll wait for ajax to correct me with his own data if he prefers, before assuming so.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I believe that, Canpakes. I do think it's a legitimate point I'm making since it mirrors the narrative in this thread, in that people are enriching themselves or taking advantage of government largesse. For example, I'm doing it. I have no qualms talking about the retirement or vestment I receive because of my military career. I feel like it's overly generous in many ways, but that's the deal that was struck between legislators and it induced me into 20 years. They got me.

And they got him.

Why he hates the federal government so much, the very mechanism through which he's apparently bilking the taxpayer out of their monies, is a mystery. If he were being true to his own stated ethics he wouldn't take a dime of socialized monies and instead would work in a way that furthered his ideological views, his community's ideological standards, and by extension his political party's supposed goals.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I believe that, Canpakes. I do think it's a legitimate point I'm making since it mirrors the narrative in this thread, in that people are enriching themselves or taking advantage of government largesse. For example, I'm doing it. I have no qualms talking about the retirement or vestment I receive because of my military career. I feel like it's overly generous in many ways, but that's the deal that was struck between legislators and it induced me into 20 years. They got me.

And they got him.

Why he hates the federal government so much, the very mechanism through which he's apparently bilking the taxpayer out of their monies, is a mystery. If he were being true to his own stated ethics he wouldn't take a dime of socialized monies and instead would work in a way that furthered his ideological views, his community's ideological standards, and by extension his political party's supposed goals.

- Doc

I do a growing percentage of the eye exams in spanish as well, which is easy for me.

The way I had to twist and strain my aching back today trying to get a fleeting view of an uncooperative patients retina almost got the best of me this Saturday. It's not easy money, but I am grateful medicaid exists last I be stuck building a corporate suits fortune for the rest of my days.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Calling ajax a hypocrite is giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he's too stupid to realize his actions don't match his words. He is, after all, a Trump supporter, which is a couple degrees away from irreparable brain damage.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:I'm done here. This has crossed the line.

Hmph. A white supremacist being offended. How fun.

Of course, it was a lie, but that's to be expected.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.