It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump whistleblower complaint
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:30 am 
God

canpakes wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:
You mean like the countless times on this board that I have expressed my very negative personal views of DJT?

Ceeboo,

I hear you on that, but I’m wondering if there is any candidate on the Democratic side of the field that you would vote for instead of Trump, based on what you know about them at this moment?

I would honestly guess that you would not choose any of them over Trump, and my guess as to why is that you’d concentrate your reasoning on ‘religious freedom’ concerns or closely related categories.

This is not meant to be a negative or positive conclusion on my part; I’m just trying to place myself in your shoes and imagine how you’d lean based upon your commenting history.

Would my conclusion be unreasonable?

He never voted for Trump in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:31 am 
God

Maybe start another thread for Ceeboo and anybody else who would like to discuss such issues as how Ceeboo might vote in 2016?

Meanwhile, this thread would be more fruitfully devoted to discussing the topic of the OP: the much more urgent issue of the whistleblower's complaint, the main part of which I have posted in full here:

viewtopic.php?p=1198198#p1198198

That raises issues of huge national importance for the US as a whole, its two great political parties, and of course Trump himself - as was recognised by the White House staff who put extraordinary measures in place to render the record of that supposedly completely normal conversation inaccessible.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Pelosi's move has completely destroyed Biden's run - It's over (What I'm nor sure of is if Pelosi knew this before she made the move?) From my view, that's awful because I believe Biden was a formidable candidate, a moderate option - and a choice that would have given republicans an alternate from Trump in 2020.

Why do you see Biden's run as being over? I want to know why you think that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:37 am 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Good Lord - Politics are so disgustingly rancid!

I know, right?

Ceeboo wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
We're inching toward nuclear holocaust because slightly less than half the country voted for your crazy, opinonated uncle who is way too into right-wing news.

Well, unlike Trump, at least you are just an anonymous bozo posting your nonsense on a discussion board.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 am 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:
Pelosi's move has completely destroyed Biden's run - It's over (What I'm nor sure of is if Pelosi knew this before she made the move?) From my view, that's awful because I believe Biden was a formidable candidate, a moderate option - and a choice that would have given republicans an alternate from Trump in 2020.

Why do you see Biden's run as being over? I want to know why you think that.

Yeah, I don't get that comment either.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am 
God

Chap wrote:
Maybe start another thread for Ceeboo and anybody else who would like to discuss such issues as how Ceeboo might vote

We already know he is going to write in Dennis Prager in 2020, just like he did in 2016. Now back to the OP.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:56 am 
God

My bad, Chap. Didn’t mean to rabbit-trail with regard to the Babbler-in-Chief.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:03 pm 
God

From the New York Times:

Trump Attacks Whistle-Blower’s Sources and Alludes to Punishment for Spies

Quote:
By Maggie Haberman
Sept. 26, 2019
Updated 1:32 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Thursday morning told a crowd of staff from the United States Mission to the United Nations that he wants to know who provided information to a whistle-blower about his phone call with the president of Ukraine, saying that whoever did so was “close to a spy” and that “in the old days,” spies were dealt with differently.

The remark stunned people in the audience, according to a person briefed on what took place, who had notes of what the president said. Mr. Trump made the statement several minutes into his remarks before the group of about 50 people at the event intended to honor the United States Mission. At the outset, he condemned the former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s role in Ukraine at a time when his son Hunter Biden was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.

Mr. Trump repeatedly referred to the whistle-blower and condemned the news media reporting on the complaint as “crooked.” He then said the whistle-blower never heard the call in question.

“I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump said. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right? We used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 pm 
God

Trump has to go. This is straight up so beyond what our President should be saying and what he should be doing. The Democrats have a moral obligation to get this nut job before a Senate vote.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm 
God

Quote:

“I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump said.

Did he read the complaint? Is he illiterate?

The whistle-blower repeatedly refers to multiple sources.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Quote:

“I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump said.

Did he read the complaint? Is he illiterate?

The whistle-blower repeatedly refers to multiple sources.

Do you think he has the attention span and temperament to read five pages of critical stuff about him?

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:08 pm 
God

Nothing says unconcerned quite like calling for the execution of people ratting on you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Do you think he has the attention span and temperament to read five pages of critical stuff about him?

Oh come on, be fair.

It's seven whole pages, followed by an appendix. He just hasn't the time to waste. So many other tasks demand his time: Fox News, his Twitter account, golf. More golf. he's the President, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:28 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Yeah - I'm not surprised that you don't get it.

Anyway - In your post upthread, you quoted me calling someone a bozo (I didn't say that). I'm more than happy to assume it was a simple mistake on your end (no worries) but I would appreciate you fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:34 pm 
God

These guys.

Quote:
“Of course, Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump,”

-Devin Nunes, Thursday morning at a hearing about the whistleblower complaint against the president.

Republicans have some ... issues. : D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:36 pm 
God

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... b84172de55

Quote:
The public’s opinion on impeachment could be shifting, according to a YouGov poll taken two days ago.

The poll posed this question to 2,805 US adults: “If President Donald Trump suspended military aid to Ukraine in order to incentivize the country’s officials to investigate his political rival, Joe Biden, and his son, would you support or oppose impeachment?

The poll found that 44 percent of Americans would “strongly support” impeachment in that case. That figure includes 22 percent of Republicans, 37 percent of independents and 66 percent of Democrats.

But that question presumes that House Democrats would be able to uncover a very direct quid pro quo in Trump’s communications with Ukraine. If that doesn’t occur, the numbers could shift.

Nonetheless, these results came two days before the release of the whistleblower complaint, which alleges that Trump abused his office to solicit foreign assistance in the 2020 election. Those accusations could compel more Americans to back impeachment.

My emphasis ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Yeah - I'm not surprised that you don't get it.

Anyway - In your post upthread, you quoted me calling someone a bozo (I didn't say that). I'm more than happy to assume it was a simple mistake on your end (no worries) but I would appreciate you fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

So, now you’re a liar too? (Scroll down to your January 2nd post if it doesn’t load directly)

viewtopic.php?p=1102668#p1102668

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm 
God

DarkHelmet wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I just got done reading it. Trump's fuuuuuucked, and so are the people who removed the transcript off Whitehouse servers as a coverup.

If we were living in a normal world, all of this would be true. But we're living in a time when Trump could break into a Trump supporter's house and sodomize him on live TV and the Trump supporter would recite the Republican Party talking points that justify the sodomy. There is no way the Republican Party will cooperate with this investigation. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, as much as one could hope something as blatant as this would move the needle, I can't help but be well-numbed to what Trump's base will accept. There is nothing I can imagine will turn them off.

Headline: Trump ____ Goat on Camera in the Middle of Times Square
Base's reaction: goats are leeches to the system... they should give something back... way to go, trump.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:11 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

So, now you’re a liar too? (Scroll down to your January 2nd post if it doesn’t load directly)

viewtopic.php?p=1102668#p1102668

- Doc

January 2nd of 2018? LOL!

Liar? No - I guess I just assumed that the quote was from this thread - My bad. I never imagined that you were desperately searching all my posts from 21 months ago to try and make a point. LOL!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 pm 
God

Desperately? All I did was click on the search feature, paste your handle into the ‘author’ field, and then type ‘bozo’ into the search field because I recalled you calling EAllusion a bozo. Voila. Your hypocrisy on display about the nature of political discussions on this board.

So. Now that we’ve established you’re a liar, why don’t you explain why Biden’s campaign is over now that the whistleblower complaint has been made public?

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:24 pm 
God

Chap wrote:

Nonetheless, these results came two days before the release of the whistleblower complaint, which alleges that Trump abused his office to solicit foreign assistance in the 2020 election. Those accusations could compel more Americans to back impeachment.

Yeah - But if the american people end up determining that this was not about the upcoming 2020 election - and was about a request for help in finally getting to the bottom of the foreign interference in the previous 2016 election - then that potential determination could compel less Americans to back impeachment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next