It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:02 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
41 Failed Predictions of the last 50+ years...

1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
1970: Ice Age By 2000
1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
1972: New Ice Age By 2070
1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
1974: Another Ice Age?
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life
1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes
1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015
2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 90s
1980: Peak Oil In 2000
1996: Peak Oil in 2020
2002: Peak Oil in 2010
2006: Super Hurricanes!
2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
1970s: Killer Bees!
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2 ... edictions/

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
canpakes wrote:
Since you’re just back to filling up the forum with repeats of your previous threads, I’ll just park this response to from Doc the last time you posted this bogus stuff:


1. Please tell me how a list of Failed Prophecy's by Climate "Scientists" and Activists are somehow "bogus"?
Seriously, I would like to know.
I mean, they make a prediction, and it doesn't come true... Please tell me what part of your brain thinks that's "bogus"?

2. Please tell me how you posting a list of all kinds of religions making failed prophecy's has ANYTHING to do with debunking my post?
Since you are clearly saying "believing in religion is stupid due to all their false prophecy's" are you actually saying believing in the "Climate Change" religion is ALSO foolhardy due to all their many false prophecy's?
LOL You don't even think about what you're doing.

3. As I said previously, I only believe in "one" religion. So, how do you think you're "debunking" me in ANY manner by posting all kinds of false prophecy's from religions I don't believe in, believe are false? Obviously, I also think those are false religions, for many reasons including their false prophecy's, so again, how's that somehow against "me" let alone against my post?

4. IF your climate change religion was ACTUALLY based in "SCIENCE"... It wouldn't have predictions that don't come true.
Of course, with normal sincere human error, some mistakes are always possible, but your false predictions are not normal human error, they are WAY beyond that.
First due to the shear numbers, in the 1,000's of false claims (what I've posted is simply samples), but second due to NONE of them coming true, but not only that, NOT EVEN CLOSE to having come true.

I want answers to these questions...

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:15 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 4516
Location: Las Vegas, NV
ldsfaqs wrote:
41 Failed Predictions of the last 50+ years...

Did you happen to go to any of the sources?

I picked one at random (the natural resources prediction). The source doesn't match what the article claims.

Since this appears to be a consistent pattern (like the dishonest magazine covers that you used to post), do you suppose it was done through ignorance, dishonesty, or laziness?

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
Doctor Steuss wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:
41 Failed Predictions of the last 50+ years...

Did you happen to go to any of the sources?

I picked one at random (the natural resources prediction). The source pretty much says the exact opposite.

Since this appears to be a consistent pattern (like the dishonest magazine covers that you used to post), do you suppose it was done through ignorance, dishonesty, or laziness?


LOL... You call me lazy, when YOU clearly didn't read the article linked.
Because it's an article that DEBUNKS various claims that natural resources are running out.

In other words, the claims of natural resources running out are found within the article.
Just WOW... Perfect example of the intellectual skills of Leftists. You read the TITLE of the Article, and don't think or study beyond that.

And further, you LIE about me and the magazine covers.... Because only ONE of the Magazine covers I posted was FAKE (an honest mistake by the compiler), not more than one as you state!

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Last edited by ldsfaqs on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 4516
Location: Las Vegas, NV
ldsfaqs wrote:
LOL... You call me lazy, when YOU clearly didn't read the article linked.
Because it's an article that DEBUNKS various claims that natural resources are running out.

In other words, the claims of natural resources running out are found within the article.

Just WOW... Perfect example of the intellectual skills of Leftists.

I know, right. I mean, the article includes the claimed prediction as follows:
Quote:
In the 1970s, the Club of Rome predicted massive shortages of natural resources due to overconsumption and overpopulation, with disastrous effects on human health and material well-being.


Notice already that claimed prediction in the article doesn't match Breitbart's representation. But, let's not let this pop your bubble.

Here's the report by the CofR. By all means, show me where it makes the specific prediction Brietbart claims it does.

https://archive.org/details/limitstogrowthr00mead


ldsfaqs wrote:
And further, you LIE about me and the magazine covers.... Because only ONE of the Magazine covers I posted was FAKE (an honest mistake by the compiler), not more than one as you state!

Pro Tip: The numbers 1 and 2 aren't the same thing.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:33 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
1. "Massive shortages" of Natural Resources is shorthand implication of "use up all natural resources".
The implication is the same. Further, even if it is an honest shorthand mistake, we ALL know what it means.
It still doesn't debunk everything else... Man

2. You said "like the dishonest magazine covers that you used to post".
There was ONLY ONE fake magazine cover (which was clearly an honest mistake of the person who compiled the images, some Leftist likely made it and put it on the internet so as to attack people). Thus, you're being just as inaccurate as you're accusing Brietbart of being with their shorthand statement, but the difference is, you're INTENTIONALLY lying in order to falsely degrade me, they may have just made a simple writing mistake, which still relays the intended point, even if not written perfectly accurate.

LOL

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Last edited by ldsfaqs on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 4516
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I must have overlooked in your above post the portion of the report that matches Brietbart's specific claim. I'm sure it was just an oversight on my part.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:07 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 4516
Location: Las Vegas, NV
ldsfaqs wrote:
2. You said "like the dishonest magazine covers that you used to post".
There was ONLY ONE fake magazine cover

I guess if we wanted to get technical, there weren’t any fake magazine covers. They were all essentially real covers. They were just fake in what they claimed to be representing by your compiler, who like totally just made an honest mistake, and was totally a victim of a leftist that tried to make them look stupid.

But hey, let’s go ahead and take a look at the covers, of which, ONLY ONE was problematic.

From our Global Cooling category, we have:
December 1973, “The Big Freeze.” This one is one of the best of the bunch, because the cover story isn’t even about weather. It’s about the 1973 oil crisis. LOL!!!!!!!

January 1977, “The Big Freeze.” This article is specifically about the winter of 1977. That’s it. But, since I’m sure you’ll think I’m just being a lying lazy leftist, here’s the cover article. Link to article.. I’m sure you’ll notice the complete lack of the word “global” anywhere. What do they attribute the “Big Freeze” to? Changing weather patterns. In fact, not only does it not refer to a global cooling, it actually makes reference to how Anchorage Alaska saw WARMING that year.

April 1977 I fortunately won’t have to address, since this is the one that some evil leftist, like totally must have done.

December 1979, “The Cooling of America.” Once again, another article that wasn’t about weather, or global cooling. It was about the oil shock of 1979.

Now, I imagine most people don’t think that “ONLY ONE” and “ALL” are the same thing, but since you think “shortage” is the same as something being used all up, maybe when you say only one, you really do mean all.

No doubt some leftist created the dictionary to try to embarrass an honest conservative though.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Michael Mann... Fake Nobel Prize and Fake Hockey St
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
Analytics wrote:
"Fake Nobel Prize"? What a weak argument. The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize was given to Al Gore and the IPCC. Dr. Michael Mann was one of the key contributors to the work of the IPCC. While it's true that his lawyers said in a court document "Dr. Mann and his collogues were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize," and while it's true that it would be more accurate for them to say, "Dr. Mann and his collogues contributed to the IPCC winning the Nobel Peace Prize," this is simply a matter of being precise in how his contribution is described. It isn't a lie. Further, it was spoken by his attorneys, not by Mann himself.

Your video claims that Dr. Mann (somehow) took the diploma awarded to the IPCC and "made his own text under this authentic looking diploma." That is a lie. What actually happened is that "the IPCC presented personalized certificates 'for contributing to the award to the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC' to scientists that had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports." Dr. Mann received this certificate from the IPCC--the award winner. He didn't make it. The following link has an image of the letter signed by the director of the IPCC explaining this.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/11/02/ ... r-the-bus/

If your video was a trustworthy source, why would it lie about the origin of the certificate that the IPCC presented to Dr. Mann?


1. In the Court Documents Mann claims along with his colleagues to have been "Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize".
This is 100% unequivocally FALSE... A LIE.
The IPCC and Al Gore was awarded it, PERIOD.
Mann directly stated to a Court of Law that HE was awarded the prize. That is a crime let alone unethical to lie to a court.

2. Even the article you link states "Thus it is incorrect to refer to any IPCC official, or scientist who worked on IPCC reports, as a Nobel laureate or Nobel Prize winner."

3. Heller was stating that the Director of the Nobel specifically states that THEY did not award any "personal" certificates.
Now, as you found, apparently the IPCC did create their "own" certificates and gave them out.
So, upon your further investigation, the certificate itself isn't "entirely" fraudulent, but the Nobel Institute certainly looks at it in a non-approving way.
They especially look at the claim in the Court Documents that way, by making clear HE did not receive the prize (Only Al Gore can make that claim.
), AND he received NO CERTIFICATE from them.

So, in conclusion, it was a mistake to fault Mann for the Certificate, since it came from the IPCC, even though it was a bit incestuous just like Al Gore getting the Prize in the first place. Nevertheless, it was still true that he didn't get the certificate from Nobel, which is all really Tony Heller said by quoting the Nobel Director. I myself read more into that than I should have by calling it a "fraud", when it was more of a "misrepresentation" of himself by the IPCC including the actual Nobel Image on his certificate from the IPCC. Even still, ALL I said in my OP is that it wasn't something that came from Nobel, which is STILL true. So, neither I nor Heller told a falsehood, we simply didn't have the further necessary facts to explain the origin of the certificate itself, we just addressed the statement of the Nobel Director.

But, Mann clearly shows his unethical "hutspa" to make the claim he DID get awarded the prize on court documents. That's clear and direct.

Anyway... The certificate still doesn't change the climate data fraud he engages in, and others simply follow, by intentionally removing the Medieval Warm Period, a well documented warm period of history for a 100 whatever years from Ice Cores, Tree Rings, etc.

That is also massively unethical, no matter how you cut it, especially when we have testimony from some of them being told by certain climate scientists (i.e. Mann) that "they need to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period". In other words, it wasn't science, it was Leftist corrupt AGW agenda.

Don't forget, the Medieval Warm Period was a much warmer period then now when man was very much around...
So, they had to get rid of it in order to fool gullible people like you into believing "now" is "hotter than ever" and if we don't do something the worlds ending.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:25 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 9334
Location: On walkabout
ldsfaqs wrote:
canpakes wrote:
Since you’re just back to filling up the forum with repeats of your previous threads, I’ll just park this response to from Doc the last time you posted this bogus stuff:


1. Please tell me how a list of Failed Prophecy's by Climate "Scientists" and Activists are somehow "bogus"?
Seriously, I would like to know.
I mean, they make a prediction, and it doesn't come true... Please tell me what part of your brain thinks that's "bogus"?

2. Please tell me how you posting a list of all kinds of religions making failed prophecy's has ANYTHING to do with debunking my post?
Since you are clearly saying "believing in religion is stupid due to all their false prophecy's" are you actually saying believing in the "Climate Change" religion is ALSO foolhardy due to all their many false prophecy's?
LOL You don't even think about what you're doing.

3. As I said previously, I only believe in "one" religion. So, how do you think you're "debunking" me in ANY manner by posting all kinds of false prophecy's from religions I don't believe in, believe are false? Obviously, I also think those are false religions, for many reasons including their false prophecy's, so again, how's that somehow against "me" let alone against my post?

4. IF your climate change religion was ACTUALLY based in "SCIENCE"... It wouldn't have predictions that don't come true.
Of course, with normal sincere human error, some mistakes are always possible, but your false predictions are not normal human error, they are WAY beyond that.
First due to the shear numbers, in the 1,000's of false claims (what I've posted is simply samples), but second due to NONE of them coming true, but not only that, NOT EVEN CLOSE to having come true.

I want answers to these questions...


FAQs, you haven't posted any science. You cut and pasted a bunch of, largely, newspaper clippings from Tony Heller. You haven't seen any "true" predictions because you haven't looked for any. None of us can help you with your willful blindness.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Michael Mann... Fake Nobel Prize and Fake Hockey St
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:32 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 7887
faqs, who wrote the text in the court doc?


Last edited by canpakes on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Michael Mann... Fake Nobel Prize and Fake Hockey St
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:35 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 7887
Sorry, Shades - duplicate post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:36 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 9334
Location: On walkabout
Doctor Steuss wrote:
I must have overlooked in your above post the portion of the report that matches Brietbart's specific claim. I'm sure it was just an oversight on my part.


You don't even have to read the book. A researcher fellow in Australia has been tracing the predictions with results. https://sustainable.unimelb.edu.au/__da ... r_2014.pdf

I doubt that the predicted overshoot and collapse will happen, at least at the time predicted by the model. But, as the man said, all models are wrong. Some models are useful. But would be totally inaccurate to say that we should have run out of resources by now according to the model. The model also doesn't predict that we run out of resources during the time of the model run. A resource shortage is absolutely not the same thing as using them all up.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:42 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am
Posts: 7887
Doctor Steuss wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:
41 Failed Predictions of the last 50+ years...

Did you happen to go to any of the sources?

I picked one at random (the natural resources prediction). The source doesn't match what the article claims.

Since this appears to be a consistent pattern (like the dishonest magazine covers that you used to post), do you suppose it was done through ignorance, dishonesty, or laziness?

This has always been faq’s approach. He routinely posts crap that is exaggerated, misrepresented or outright untrue. I’m not sure if this is out of laziness or outright dishonesty, but it’s likely a combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
I already looked into every single one of them by reading them myself, after your's or whoever's charge who posted the original attack, in order to make sure they were valid.

They were ALL valid accept the one. All the valid ones referred to some "extreme cold" issue.
You can keep misrepresenting if you want.

Further, the point of posting those Magazine covers is they were addressing Cooling of the earth.
The 70's were FULL of Articles, News, TV Shows etc. on Global Cooling.
In fact, over 60% of all the known scientific articles related to cooling or warming were for Global Cooling. Only less than 40% were related to Global Warming.

There was a study done which was clearly an AGW agenda which claimed only some 30% of studies were on Global Cooling, but they conveniently "ommited" a LOT of sources to make that claim. Another study was done which found there was over 60% of peer-reviewed climate studies that were Global Cooling, not 30%.
Thus further, we can see how Leftists lie for their agenda, not truth, even not scientific truth.

Here's the Study: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/11/19/ ... ot-a-myth/

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Michael Mann... Fake Nobel Prize and Fake Hockey St
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 9334
Location: On walkabout
ldsfaqs wrote:
Analytics wrote:
"Fake Nobel Prize"? What a weak argument. The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize was given to Al Gore and the IPCC. Dr. Michael Mann was one of the key contributors to the work of the IPCC. While it's true that his lawyers said in a court document "Dr. Mann and his collogues were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize," and while it's true that it would be more accurate for them to say, "Dr. Mann and his collogues contributed to the IPCC winning the Nobel Peace Prize," this is simply a matter of being precise in how his contribution is described. It isn't a lie. Further, it was spoken by his attorneys, not by Mann himself.

Your video claims that Dr. Mann (somehow) took the diploma awarded to the IPCC and "made his own text under this authentic looking diploma." That is a lie. What actually happened is that "the IPCC presented personalized certificates 'for contributing to the award to the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC' to scientists that had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports." Dr. Mann received this certificate from the IPCC--the award winner. He didn't make it. The following link has an image of the letter signed by the director of the IPCC explaining this.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/11/02/ ... r-the-bus/

If your video was a trustworthy source, why would it lie about the origin of the certificate that the IPCC presented to Dr. Mann?


1. In the Court Documents Mann claims along with his colleagues to have been "Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize".
This is 100% unequivocally FALSE... A LIE.
The IPCC and Al Gore was awarded it, PERIOD.
Mann directly stated to a Court of Law that HE was awarded the prize. That is a crime let alone unethical to lie to a court.

2. Even the article you link states "Thus it is incorrect to refer to any IPCC official, or scientist who worked on IPCC reports, as a Nobel laureate or Nobel Prize winner."

3. Heller was stating that the Director of the Nobel specifically states that THEY did not award any "personal" certificates.
Now, as you found, apparently the IPCC did create their "own" certificates and gave them out.
So, upon your further investigation, the certificate itself isn't "entirely" fraudulent, but the Nobel Institute certainly looks at it in a non-approving way.
They especially look at the claim in the Court Documents that way, by making clear HE did not receive the prize (Only Al Gore can make that claim.
), AND he received NO CERTIFICATE from them.

So, in conclusion, it was a mistake to fault Mann for the Certificate, since it came from the IPCC, even though it was a bit incestuous just like Al Gore getting the Prize in the first place. Nevertheless, it was still true that he didn't get the certificate from Nobel, which is all really Tony Heller said by quoting the Nobel Director. I myself read more into that than I should have by calling it a "fraud", when it was more of a "misrepresentation" of himself by the IPCC including the actual Nobel Image on his certificate from the IPCC. Even still, ALL I said in my OP is that it wasn't something that came from Nobel, which is STILL true. So, neither I nor Heller told a falsehood, we simply didn't have the further necessary facts to explain the origin of the certificate itself, we just addressed the statement of the Nobel Director.

But, Mann clearly shows his unethical "hutspa" to make the claim he DID get awarded the prize on court documents. That's clear and direct.

Anyway... The certificate still doesn't change the climate data fraud he engages in, and others simply follow, by intentionally removing the Medieval Warm Period, a well documented warm period of history for a 100 whatever years from Ice Cores, Tree Rings, etc.

That is also massively unethical, no matter how you cut it, especially when we have testimony from some of them being told by certain climate scientists (i.e. Mann) that "they need to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period". In other words, it wasn't science, it was Leftist corrupt AGW agenda.

Don't forget, the Medieval Warm Period was a much warmer period then now when man was very much around...
So, they had to get rid of it in order to fool gullible people like you into believing "now" is "hotter than ever" and if we don't do something the worlds ending.


FAQS, you are completely delusional. I know the quote that you are referring to. Mann didn't say it. And you've misquoted what the actual person said in a way that is absolutely misleading. Over and over again you post flat out lies because you are too lazy to check your dishonest sources. So, produce the testimony that Mann said "they need to get rid of the Medieval Warming Period" or be, once again, a proven liar.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:55 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:57 pm
Posts: 4516
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Wow. It takes a lot to shock me nowadays.

I'm used to willful ignorance, and misrepresentations. But this level of in-your-face boldfaced dishonesty is something else.

I'm gobsmacked.

_________________
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: The 1970s Global Cooling Consensus was not a Myth... Study
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:01 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/11/19/ ... ot-a-myth/

This page overviews the original review of papers that tried to claim the "70's Cooling Consensus was a Myth", and then it presents an overview of the review of papers that debunks that review.
It further shows that AGW "scientists" and proponents are unethical, by clearly omitting key sources and studies that were in fact accessible (as they were to this new reviewer) in order to make their claims.

This is not "science" and valid scholarship that is occurring by AGW proponents it's propaganda.

Conclusion of the review of all available/accessible scientific papers related to the climate.

86 Papers supported Global Cooling
58 Papers were neutral
46 Papers supported Global Warming
30 of the above studies supported a possible coming Ice Age.

Also, at the bottom of the page, there is a link listing all papers and scientific journals etc. reviewed.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:03 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7874
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wow. It takes a lot to shock me nowadays.

I'm used to willful ignorance, and misrepresentations. But this level of in-your-face boldfaced dishonesty is something else.

I'm gobsmacked.


Just like you folks are to me...
I spend hours and hours comparing and contrasting. I'm on the side of the truth.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:12 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 9334
Location: On walkabout
ldsfaqs wrote:
I already looked into every single one of them by reading them myself, after your's or whoever's charge who posted the original attack, in order to make sure they were valid.

They were ALL valid accept the one. All the valid ones referred to some "extreme cold" issue.
You can keep misrepresenting if you want.

Further, the point of posting those Magazine covers is they were addressing Cooling of the earth.
The 70's were FULL of Articles, News, TV Shows etc. on Global Cooling.
In fact, over 60% of all the known scientific articles related to cooling or warming were for Global Cooling. Only less than 40% were related to Global Warming.

There was a study done which was clearly an AGW agenda which claimed only some 30% of studies were on Global Cooling, but they conveniently "ommited" a LOT of sources to make that claim. Another study was done which found there was over 60% of peer-reviewed climate studies that were Global Cooling, not 30%.
Thus further, we can see how Leftists lie for their agenda, not truth, even not scientific truth.

Here's the Study: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/11/19/ ... ot-a-myth/


Uh, not a study. The original study set out the search parameters at the beginning and then totaled the number of warming and cooling predictions. Then, the author of the WUWT blog post added someone's collection of denier papers. That's a different process entirely. What the blog author should have done was broadened the search criteria and reported the resulting totals for both warming and cooling. To go outside the defined search criteria by looking only for the warming papers is, as we say, a massive cherry pick.

The thing about the science papers that underlie the media articles -- most of them are correct based on the assumptions contained in the papers. If you projected the trends of the past few years, you got cooling. If you increased aerosol pollution, you'd get cooling. The Milankovitch cycles would lead to cooling. And, under certain assumptions, the cooling could be significant. The problem you have is that you deliberately close your eyes to the context. We didn't get dramatic cooling from aerosols because we did things like adopt air pollution standards under the clean air act. We didn't end up with the Ozone hole causing a huge problem because we got together with other countries and enacted the Montreal Protocol. And we didn't under up with cooling from the Milankovitch cycles because it was more than offset by the effect of increasing CO2. That's why the President asked the National Academy of Sciences to figure things out, and the IPCC was formed.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 9334
Location: On walkabout
ldsfaqs wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wow. It takes a lot to shock me nowadays.

I'm used to willful ignorance, and misrepresentations. But this level of in-your-face boldfaced dishonesty is something else.

I'm gobsmacked.


Just like you folks are to me...
I spend hours and hours comparing and contrasting. I'm on the side of the truth.


We can all tell that you are flat out lying now. Your comparing and contrasting is limited to comparing and contrasting what you find on different denier blogs, which you then regurgitate. It's apparent that you've never tried to look at the science.

_________________
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Gunnar and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group