Trump's Most Inhumane Act Yet?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's Most Inhumane Act Yet?

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Uh, what?

He thinks that poor women having children ought to be a criminal offense.

I take it as paying for other people’s choices a la wic, welfare, section 8, is stealing.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:
He thinks that poor women having children ought to be a criminal offense.

I take it as paying for other people’s choices a la wic, welfare, section 8, is stealing.

- Doc

It's a position he's expressed before. He thinks in a society where welfare* exists, it ought to be illegal to have children if that qualifies you or them to access welfare. You have to remember this is a dude who thinks the elderly should be put into forced labor camps if they don't have a job. He has, um, unorthodox views.

*Welfare is narrowly defined to refer to the types of welfare he dislikes, but not the kind he likes.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

As if this were not already outrageous enough, many of the people threatened by this inhumane deportation order were not even here illegally. Isabel Bueso, for example, was invited here for the expressed purpose of researching a treatment or cure for the rare disease she has.

Deportation Threatens Life Of Immigrant Who Helped FDA Research | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

None of Trump supporters' opinions surprise me anymore. If you are dumb enough to think Trump is a good President, you're dumb enough to defend his positions. You revel in ignorance. You drape yourselves in stupidity and wear it proudly. You are suspicious of education and have no clue about the real sources of your distress. And you are willing to lie in service of your vast ignorance, which you have no intention of shrinking.

Hence, ajax.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:None of Trump supporters' opinions surprise me anymore. If you are dumb enough to think Trump is a good President, you're dumb enough to defend his positions. You revel in ignorance. You drape yourselves in stupidity and wear it proudly. You are suspicious of education and have no clue about the real sources of your distress. And you are willing to lie in service of your vast ignorance, which you have no intention of shrinking.

Hence, ajax.

and yet literally, sans hair-fire, your life and work have not gitten worse but have actually gotten better.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.

— Deuteronomy 15:7-8
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.

Are you suggesting a government policy here?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.

Nah. It's just what God said. I mean, like, God is just this guy, right? You can take it or leave it. You don't have to pay him no heed.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

subgenius wrote:

Personal and government policy.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb