Back to Antarctica?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Back to Antarctica?

Post by _moksha »

I was wondering if I should have some contingency plans if Trump tweeted that I should go back from whence I came.

How about you?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: Back to Antarctica?

Post by _honorentheos »

viewtopic.php?p=1188331#p1188331

I couldn't have asked for a better example.

I suggest asking what was gained by whom and at what price with this story sucking up the oxygen yesterday and recalibrate. Trump saying something ignorant and racist isn't news but probably was meant to stir things up. Mission accomplished.

I'd keep your feet on the ground my friend, and look beyond the headlines. The Russian manipulation of the election in 2016 was psych-ops at it's most primitive that worked because we are an easily manipulated and emotional people these days. The countermeasure lies within ourselves.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

moksha wrote:I was wondering if I should have some contingency plans if Trump tweeted that I should go back from whence I came.

How about you?

I heard they don't offer free healthcare and you have to pay your own heating bill.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
moksha wrote:I was wondering if I should have some contingency plans if Trump tweeted that I should go back from whence I came.

How about you?

I heard they don't offer free healthcare and you have to pay your own heating bill.

Actually, they communally band together for survival during snowstorms, but also have an issue with their surroundings becoming too warm via climate change ... and even practice same-sex couple adoptions.

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-a ... ned-chick/

Whooda thunk that penguins have a surer grasp on reality than some Trump voters?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

How about you?

My wife and I have been finalizing plans to move to Brazil (June 2020) for a year, and possibly longer. Between talking about hiking the Patagonia, exploring South America, and the energy here in America we think it'd be nice to immerse ourselves in a different culture for a while. Plus, I like to feel challenged, so learning Portuguese and finding a new groove sounds appealing.

So, in a way we're taking up the #TrumpChallenge because her mother was from Brazil. I think that counts.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:Whooda thunk that penguins have a surer grasp on reality than some Trump voters?

Anyone who's met a Trump supporter.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

How about you?

Welp. I'd have to go back to the Catskills.

A lower elevation sounds good to me. Do I get the 108 acres back?

;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

My wife and I have been finalizing plans to move to Brazil (June 2020) for a year, and possibly longer. Between talking about hiking the Patagonia, exploring South America, and the energy here in America we think it'd be nice to immerse ourselves in a different culture for a while. Plus, I like to feel challenged, so learning Portuguese and finding a new groove sounds appealing.

So, in a way we're taking up the #TrumpChallenge because her mother was from Brazil. I think that counts.

- Doc

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go to Patagonia. I heard about a cruise that goes from Valpariso, Chile around Cape Horn to Buenos Aires in January.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

You only have to worry about it if you're in congress, and I've never seen anyone wear a tuxedo to sit in the House. That's more of a press dinner thing.

Course, I feel like Trump's telling me to move home every day, given the way he's hell bent on turning the US into a shithole country. Just by becoming President, he's already succeeded in large measure. What an embarrassing bruise on American history.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.