Religious Persecution

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Religious Persecution

Post by _moksha »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:It depends what you mean by "spiritual." If, by spiritual, you mean...

What about having a spiritual experience of a sacred presence in nature or perhaps an awareness of all things in the Universe being interrelated?

Maybe a realization that square pegs are meant for square holes?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

moksha wrote:
Perfume on my Mind wrote:It depends what you mean by "spiritual." If, by spiritual, you mean...

What about having a spiritual experience of a sacred presence in nature...

Don't know about that.

moksha wrote:...or perhaps an awareness of all things in the Universe being interrelated?

Maybe a realization that square pegs are meant for square holes?

Sure, sounds spiritual to me.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

moksha wrote:What about having a spiritual experience of a sacred presence in nature

Human beings (myself included) are the nearest I can get to that. Without us, no reflective consciousness would even form the concept of 'nature'. Its bits would each just get on with pursuing their own concerns. And our great advantage over deities and other supposed 'presences' is that we are really present (hi there folks!) and they are not ... so let's not give our hard-won credit away to anything else, please.

moksha wrote: or perhaps an awareness of all things in the Universe being interrelated?

That awareness needs human minds for it to have any meaning. But here we are, having this conversation, so no problem ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Goya
_Emeritus

Post by _Goya »

subgenius wrote:most pr!Celestial Kingdom$ are atheists.

Goya wrote:First you say you're not an atheist and now you claim to be one.

subgenius wrote:cute, but i did say "most", not "all"

That you're oblivious to the irony in your own reply is absolutely delicious. Thank you, sir.