Anti-Abortion Insanity

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Anti-Abortion Insanity

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:I lived there a total of 8 years. Whether or not one has lived in or visited the state in question has not a damn thing to do with one's ability to read a law and determine it's benefits or pitfalls, it's merits or lack thereof. Again with the equivocation. I mean, blathering.

Exactly why no one takes you seriously. You're a troll who relies on misdirection as your primary tool.

Tool.

Good for you...but the poster's "cough" comment was not in reference to the law, but rather a snarky comment. But you go on and pretend like you read the law(s) instead of just having someone tell you the law.
But i would take exception with your all too common assessment on being qualified to understand/evaluate the law in Alabama, or anywhere "else". Typical liberal armchair quarterbacking is all you got. What makes you believe that a voter and elected official in Alabama or Ohio should give 2 hoots about what your opinion is on the matter?
(i do agree, that your ability to discern another's State law is simply ignorant based on its inadequate reasoning and not on your geography)
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:(i do agree, that your ability to discern another's State law is simply ignorant based on its inadequate reasoning and not on your geography)

Nice morning word salad. That English stuff is hard for you.

Since you’re hiding in the hallways and furiously trying to type out responses in broken English before the Bishop comes ‘round the corner and spots you, maybe you can squeeze in your thoughts on why rape victims need to forcibly bear children for rapists, or what a heartbeat says about personhood. ; )

(Duck! EQ President is coming!)
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:... why rape victims need to forcibly bear children ...

I was unable to find that clause in either the AL or OH legislation - perhaps you could cite it in a more specific "good english" manner?
And don't forget to clarify how still allowing for an abortion and how simply going to another State qualifies as "forcibly bear children".... dress it up like a vinaigrette, ok?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:... why rape victims need to forcibly bear children ...

I was unable to find that clause in either the AL or OH legislation - perhaps you could cite it in a more specific "good english" manner?
And don't forget to clarify how still allowing for an abortion and how simply going to another State qualifies as "forcibly bear children".... dress it up like a vinaigrette, ok?

Only if the rape victim confirms that she’s pregnant and can schedule and receive an abortion prior to the ‘heartbeat’ deadline, right?

But after that arbitrary, non-scientific and religiously-driven deadline our rape victim has to bring to term and birth the child of her rapist, right?

It sure is hard for you to just come out and say this, let alone tell me why rape victims must be required to do this.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

There's nothing quite like a bunch of hicks pushing idiotic anti-abortion laws to awaken the utter disdain I have for religion and its adherents. I had pretty much stopped caring about religion until the Trump cult got going, and this abortion stuff is really exacerbating things.

As has been mentioned, religion poisons everything. It's cultural cancer.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Bach wrote:Actually it’s described as “Pro Life”. But why quibble with ignorant bias.

Funny though, seems lately that the most “out of control women activists” seem to have the least likely odds of ever needing an abortion. For example, rape or otherwise, can anyone ever imagine this lovely lady ever becoming impregnated:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/freebeacon ... t-unc/amp/

Thoughts?

And here is another video of another lovely lady making her point in her “Pro Death” argument in response to a respectfully asked question:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitb ... tches/amp/

Again, one can only wonder if or why she would have ever needed such services!!! And how did she ever find time away from her Tony Robbins franchise to make the protest? That’s a stumper for me as well!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Alabama Apologetics (sort of makes sense)

https://www.reddit.com/comments/br89cg
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Res Ipsa wrote:I’ve posted before about our experience with anencephaly. During the course of trying to have a child, my wife had several miscarriages. One of them when the pregnancy was pretty far along. I’ll never forget rushing to the hospital and then seeing her so grief stricken afterward. The notion that she could have been criminally investigated and perhaps charged with murder afterward makes me angrier than I can describe. What the hell is wrong with these people?

And you know how this works: no politician’s daughter will ever be charged. No rich person’s daughter will ever be charged.
SO and I have had very similar experiences in trying to conceive and this was one of the first places her mind jumped to. It is absolutely horrifying to imagine that what is already a near unbearable grief might be magnified.

I'm with some of the other posters, this looks like it may further galvanize women to push back (and they already turned out like crazy in 2018). I'm seeing what were otherwise fairly neutral or non-political friends and family inspired to take action, let their voices be heard.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Another view of the “Pro -Death” group being articulate as usual:

https://www.breitbart.com/videos/watch- ... -fck-home/

Where do these folk receive their education on articulation! And please don’t say say this board!!!
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Xenophon wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:I’ve posted before about our experience with anencephaly. During the course of trying to have a child, my wife had several miscarriages. One of them when the pregnancy was pretty far along. I’ll never forget rushing to the hospital and then seeing her so grief stricken afterward. The notion that she could have been criminally investigated and perhaps charged with murder afterward makes me angrier than I can describe. What the hell is wrong with these people?

And you know how this works: no politician’s daughter will ever be charged. No rich person’s daughter will ever be charged.
SO and I have had very similar experiences in trying to conceive and this was one of the first places her mind jumped to. It is absolutely horrifying to imagine that what is already a near unbearable grief might be magnified.

I'm with some of the other posters, this looks like it may further galvanize women to push back (and they already turned out like crazy in 2018). I'm seeing what were otherwise fairly neutral or non-political friends and family inspired to take action, let their voices be heard.

My wife's younger sister also had a stillborn anencephalic child. She was devastated by that. To have been accused or even suspected of fetal homicide because of that would have been a horrible and unconscionable travesty of justice.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison