Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: ?????I Have A Degree????? but just no education!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: “I Have A Degree” but just no

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Not terribly bright!

:lol:
_Gray Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Gray Ghost »

Chap wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn't terribly bright

I wonder how you came to this conclusion.

Could you help me by giving me a couple of examples of republicans of a comparable age and either gender that you would classify as 'not terribly bright'?

Watching her speak. She's a bit of a dim bulb.

However, compared to most of the House GOP, she looks like Einstein.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

OK.

Gray Ghost wrote:Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn't terribly bright

Because:

Gray Ghost, a month later wrote:She's a bit of a dim bulb.

Oh I see. Pity you didn't explain so clearly the first time ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gray Ghost wrote:Watching her speak. She's a bit of a dim bulb.

I'm generally impressed with how thoughtful she is. I don't agree with everything she says but I like what I perceive are her motivations.

Her voice is youthful, and her delivery might remind you of someone who really is dim, but I don't think you're listening to what she actually says. It's a mistake to underestimate her.

Unless, of course, you have some specific examples we could parse.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Gray Ghost wrote:Watching her speak. She's a bit of a dim bulb.

However, compared to most of the House GOP, she looks like Einstein.

I agree. Now if we could just get Schumer/Pelosi to recognize her abilities to move the party forward.

“Like she is cool, like Amazon is totally a corporate whore, like I’m so glad we chased 25000 jobs out of the city, like flying in airplanes is totally bogus, and like why can’t americans just use sterno cans to heat their homes. So bogus is the GOP”

Keep her in the media: “Like I love it”!!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is destined to be the recipient of a continual barrage of attacks by conservatives. Conservative owned server farms will dedicate entire arrays to anti-AOC bot postings on message boards.

When these twisted attack messages finally filter down to the gullible, the gullible end up saying things like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would make cows illegal. Reminds me of the time when my daughter's school teacher told her class, before the 2008 election, that Obama would get rid of bacon. No right thinking conservative would want their Baconnaise to be absent from the local supermarkets.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:I don't think you're listening to what she actually says.

Now you're just making totally unreasonable and blatantly elitist demands.

More seriously, I would not call this speech a bad one for content, organisation, and relevance to the issue on the floor of the House, given that it was delivered impromptu:

https://www.theguardian.com/global/vide ... tion-video

And she is certainly succeeding in representing the views of a very substantial (and increasing) slice of US public opinion on the relevant issues. Isn't that what Representatives are supposed to do?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

People like bach envy Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez precisely because she absolutely is far more intelligent than the idiots leading the GOP.

Donald Trump? Had his education bought and paid for without actually doing any work. His professor said he was the "dumbest damned student" he ever had and Trump has threatened legal action against his former schools if they dare release his school transcripts.

Sean Hannity? Went to a Seminary that went out of business in 1984, then enrolled in three different colleges in the span of two years before giving up on education.

Rush Limbaugh? Attended a small college for two semesters. According to his mother, "he flunked everything," and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

Glenn Beck? Never even attempted formal education.

Alex Jones? Dropped out of community college after a semester.

And of course I already listed the dozen Republicans in Congress who never went to college.

But please, keep reminding us how Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is stupid even though she keeps impressing the hell out of people with her ability to speak directly and get to the point in ways veteran legislators have never mastered.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

This is why they fear Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://Twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/ ... 1566371840
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Pretty powerful stuff, Kevin. Thank you for posting that.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley