Exmo Kyrsten Sinema Destroyed in Debate

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Exmo Kyrsten Sinema Destroyed in Debate

Post by _Water Dog »

Not looking good.

https://Twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/statu ... 0971802627

And this is fun.

Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate, is not a witch. But she has been known to hang out with witches. It was during the height of the Iraq War when Sinema, then a far-left protest organizer, summoned supernatural help to stop the Iraq War.

Emails obtained by the Washington Examiner show Sinema inviting a prominent group of feminist witches in Arizona called Pagan Cluster to celebrate International Women’s Day and to protest the war in March of 2003. Code Pink protesters wore pink, obviously enough, and the Women in Black wore black. But Sinema encouraged the witches to wear "colorful clothing and come ready to dance, twirl, and stay in touch with your inner creativity and with the Earth."

The Sinema campaign would not say why she invited the witches or clarify why she thought members of the occult deserved a seat at the table during discussions concerning war and peace. The witches in question, it should be noted, claim to practice only nonviolent magic. Per the about section on their webpage, theirs is a peaceful and democratic kind of sorcery.

Out of the broom closet and into the public square, the Pagan Cluster focuses "sharing spiritual insights and participating in direct democracy." Their visions are decidedly liberal and many of their coven "have roots in the Reclaiming Tradition of feminist Witchcraft."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -war-rally

Why do so many of these exmos go off the rails into crazy town?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Exmo Kyrsten Sinema Destroyed in Debate

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Huh. I thought Sinema had this one in the bag.

eta: 538 is a great site - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... e/arizona/

It's incredible how fickle voters can be.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

How shameful to have a record organizing protests of a war that cost trillions of dollars, a million lives, and left the world's geopolitical situation much worse, all based on a false pretext. Or, as McSally describes it in this clip, "protesting our troops."

Better go with the hawk who is a down-the-line neoconservative strongly backed by and like the ones who, uh, got us into that war.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Huh. I thought Sinema had this one in the bag.

Kyrsten Sinema may end up losing this Senate election primary due to the Green Party candidate on the ballot. Sinema in her younger days used to be associated with the Green Party and was pretty far left. However, Sinema has changed and evolved from her younger days. During Sinema's six years in Congress, she is associated with the Blue Dog Democrats with having a moderate voting record. For example, Sinema was one of the few Democrats who voted for Kate's Law.

eta: 538 is a great site -

538 now gives Sinema a 63.8% chance of winning this Senate race. Link
However, I would give Sinema about a 55% chance of winning this Senate race. I very much want Sinema to win and will definitely be voting for her, but with the Green Party candidate on the ballot and Romney recently here to help McSally, it could end up going to McSally.

Here is an article about this Senate debate:

Key takeaways from the Arizona Senate debate

U.S. Senate hopefuls Kyrsten Sinema (D) and Martha McSally (R) faced off in a heated debate Monday evening in Arizona as they sought to woo the state's voters in a quest to replace outgoing Republican Sen. Jeff Flake.

During one hour of debate, the candidates, who are both currently members of Congress, exchanged barbs over trade, healthcare, border security - and, yes, even "pink tutus."

The race is shaping up to be one of the most contested of the 2018 midterm elections. Here are the key takeaways from Monday's debate, which is the only one between Sinema and McSally before voters head to the polls next month.

Sinema touts 'bipartisanship'

Sinema's message to Arizonans was clear: a vote for me is a vote for bipartisanship in the Senate.

Sinema, who has recently come under scrutiny for her progressive past, made herself out to be a Democrat willing to work with Republicans and President Trump on issues of mutual concern.

For instance, Sinema signaled she would support a "total solution" on border security that includes funding for the president's so-called "wall" at the southern border, but that also provides a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants brought into the country as children, commonly known as DREAMers.

McSally ties herself to Trump

Meanwhile, McSally aggressively advocated for Trump's actions on jobs and the economy, portraying him as a "disrupter" who has been unafraid to shake things up in Washington and confront tough issues like trade and the North Korean nuclear threat.

"I am proud that he has gone to the White House and is leading our country in the right direction," said McSally, who was once tepid in her support of Trump during the 2016 campaign.

In her closing remarks, McSally touted Trump's efforts to deliver tax cuts and rebuild the U.S. military, as part of her effort to convince Arizona voters that Republicans are leading the country in a direction that directly benefits the state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... bate%3famp
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

EAllusion wrote:How shameful to have a record organizing protests of a war that cost trillions of dollars, a million lives, and left the world's geopolitical situation much worse, all based on a false pretext. Or, as McSally describes it in this clip, "protesting our troops."

Better go with the hawk who is a down-the-line neoconservative strongly backed by and like the ones who, uh, got us into that war.

Who are you talking to? What kind of fantasy world do you occupy where what you just posted has any sort of narrative-relevance to this thread?

Weird.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

On 538 I noticed it looked like it was solidly Sinema's race to win until October 1st. Now it's been flipping back and forth. It'll be interesting to take note of Romney's, Bush's, and Trump's visits and how they impact McSally's electability with Conservatives in Arizona. I get a sense that if she's close and those guys time it right she might be able to pull off a razor thin margin of victory. 3 weeks out!

- Doc

_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:How shameful to have a record organizing protests of a war that cost trillions of dollars, a million lives, and left the world's geopolitical situation much worse, all based on a false pretext. Or, as McSally describes it in this clip, "protesting our troops."

Who are you talking to? What kind of fantasy world do you occupy where what you just posted has any sort of narrative-relevance to this thread?

Weird.

- Doc
The link to the actual debate footage in this thread is McSally mocking Sinema for being a war protestor, which she characterizes as "protesting our troops."

This is distinct from Water Dog pivoting from referencing the debate to a NCCC attack on Sinema for inviting "feminist witches" to one such protest.

Reading. It's not just for children.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Of course, trying to turn someone's early political life protesting one of America's most catastrophic foreign policy blunders back when it was unpopular to do so into a point of attack is quite the gambit. Even the current Republican President of the United States had to pretend to have opposed it like Sinema did. It's quite the subtext to argue, "Don't vote for the person who was right. Vote for me, the person who is just like the people who were wrong."
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

"protesting our troops"

Now there is a phrase of diabolic thought destruction.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I went to our city council meeting last night. It was pretty much a packed house and I'm assuming most of the people there were left-leaning because, well, you just get a feel for the crowd. To my surprise they kicked off the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance. I was the only one not reciting it and without a hand over my heart.

The idea that Dems or Liberals aren't patriotic is a fallacy and needs to go away. I'm not sure how to flip the script on that one, but the idea that Republicans have a corner on patriotism is an optics issue we need to untangle from the public consciousness.

- Doc

ps- I should add that I don't support any sort of pledge of allegiance because I find it cult-like, shaming for those who don't want to participate, and weird. I don't know what to really do with that other than not participate.