Republicans have to Cheat to Win

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Republicans have to Cheat to Win

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Water Dog wrote:Follow the thread... it's shameless. If this was happening in a republican district people would be ransacking the place. There is no defending it. The silence is deafening as those on the left applaud what's happening here. He's right too, what's the point of voter ID when they have the power to pull stunts like this? It's 2000 all over again.

https://Twitter.com/michaelmorley11/sta ... 9000024064

Stunts like what? You’ve got a Republican appointed official in charge whose boss is a Republican. Let ‘em count the votes. Already Republican rioters are gathering to try and intimidate folks into not counting the votes. Amazing how often you guys are against counting the votes.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Water Dog wrote:Follow the thread... it's shameless. If this was happening in a republican district people would be ransacking the place. There is no defending it. The silence is deafening as those on the left applaud what's happening here. He's right too, what's the point of voter ID when they have the power to pull stunts like this? It's 2000 all over again.

Stop reading friggin Twitter. That's your problem.

Get educated
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Kevin Graham wrote:

Stop reading friggin Twitter. That's your problem.

Get educated

Yup. The headline sums it up:

Right-wing media claim Democrats are trying to “steal” Florida elections by insisting all votes be counted.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Still crickets I see
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Water Dog wrote:Still crickets I see

Ignoring a detailed refutation twice now, but then claim to hear crickets. :lol:
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Lovely.

Florida officials are now saying that nearly 200,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Nea ... 12725.html

But of course. I forget what thread, but I seem to remember Kevin and others passionately insisting that the left has no intention whatsoever of having illegals vote in elections, *pinky swear* Something something, that's right wing conspiracy theory, something, something. SMH.

_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

The tweet you quote simply notes that an objection was made to rejecting a vote on the grounds that the person was said not to be a US citizen.

We are not told whether the objection is to:

(a) Not counting the vote of someone whom the objector agrees is not a citizen (which would be completely pointless, since the law is quite clear on that point),

or

(b) Classifying the person in question as not being a US citizen. That, depending on the circumstances (which we do not know) might be a perfectly proper objection to the claim of fact on which the rejection was based.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Water Dog wrote:Lovely.

Florida officials are now saying that nearly 200,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Nea ... 12725.html

You linked to a story from 2012. The story itself was updated to show that, out of 12 million registered voters, only 85 were confirmed as noncitizens and were removed from the rolls. Not 200,000 — 85. Do you ever actually read what you link to?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

LOL. I believe this is not close to the first time WD has been caught doing this and then just disappears from a thread. What this tells most people who are a little open minded is that WD is more interested in believing and promoting far right conspiracy theories then wanting to learn the truth. People like RI on the other hand have shown through many threads a lot more willingness to change their opinion if someone shows good evidence their opinion is wrong. It's not a surprise who ends up having more credibility.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Water Dog wrote:Yep, another example of Democrats lying and cheating. Did you actually listen to the audio in the video? They explained that this "Proud Boys" group was attending an event over there. The reporting about antifa was accurate. They did engage in vandalism. They did leave a threatening note. And there was a skirmish between them an the "proud boys" members, instigated by antifa.
Old topic, but it turns out there's video showing the Proud Boys initiated the attack against protestors, not the other way around as claimed in this thread:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/23/nyre ... -nypd.html

Nothing like instinctively defending a violent hate group who just got done joyfully reenacting an assassination because you perceive them as on your side.