MAGA Part II: Ringing a doorbell while black

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: MAGA Part II: Ringing a doorbell while black

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:So the woman would scream and the man would shoot at a white kid?

The homeowners were purportedly robbed 5 times previously. I have no idea who did what, but if that's the case I can understand them being assholes. However, assholes who shoot at a kid with a shotgun, especially when there's no physical threat present, and they already called the cops? That's a very serious problem.

That said, isn't our judicial system functioning irrespective of the racial component? The White man was arrested, charged with a crime, and is on trial?

- Doc

If he was a police officer, there's a very strong chance he gets off with a paid suspension and any suggestion that this is inappropriate would then be used to fuel anger to elect politicians intent on robbing you blind. But hey, that this person might plausibly go to jail for homicide does suggest that our justice system might be creaking along without total collapse, yes.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

MeDotOrg wrote:I'm pretty sure they weren't robbed 5 times by a kid walking up to their front door and ringing their doorbell.

That's exactly how you'd go about robbing a place. The robber would ring the doorbell to make sure no one is home, and then he'd walk around the premise and put stuff into his backpack. That happens here in SLC quite a bit, so I assume it's a basic thief 101 thing. When a thief stole my awesome mountain bike it was when I wasn't home. He casually strolled into my backyard and rode off on it.

Obviously I'm not saying the kid was a potential thief, I was just guessing as to why the homeowners are pissed off and "tired of being a victim." I genuinely feel bad for the kid, and this will probably color his view of white folks for the rest of his life. It's unfortunate.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

EAllusion wrote:If he was a police officer, there's a very strong chance he gets off with a paid suspension and any suggestion that this is inappropriate would then be used to fuel anger to elect politicians intent on robbing you blind. But hey, that this person might plausibly go to jail for homicide does suggest that our justice system might be creaking along without total collapse, yes.

Hold up one second. Who did this retired fire fighter murder?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Isn't Zeigler obliged to believe his wife's allegations without question?....would this story be playing out differently had she been accusing Walker of sexually assaulting her?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:Isn't Zeigler obliged to believe his wife's allegations without question?....would this story be playing out differently had she been accusing Walker of sexually assaulting her?

I don't know about obligated, but according to news sources Zeigler was arrested in 2004 in a road incident where he discharged a firearm. All I know if my wife came to the bedroom screaming and crying, and I had a weapon, I'd grab it and go check out whatever was happening.

What I wouldn't do is discharge a weapon at the suspect's back as he was fleeing. That's stupid beyond belief, and now the homeowner, despite any incidents of thievery in the past, is screwed.

- Doc

_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:If he was a police officer, there's a very strong chance he gets off with a paid suspension and any suggestion that this is inappropriate would then be used to fuel anger to elect politicians intent on robbing you blind. But hey, that this person might plausibly go to jail for homicide does suggest that our justice system might be creaking along without total collapse, yes.

Hold up one second. Who did this retired fire fighter murder?

- Doc

I meant to add the word attempted. I was going for the strongest possible charge and somehow managed to forget a word that lapped that.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

You'll be gratified to know a jury found Zeigler guilty of whatever and he'll be going to prison. It looks like our justice system is working in Michigan.

- Doc