Left vs. Right on Science & Honesty

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Left vs. Right on Science & Honesty

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:Sub isn’t the first denier that I’ve caught trying to do the exact same thing with the exact same study. I started chuckling as soon as he cited it.

This is all that the global warming deniers have; lying, misleading and dissembling. They demand crucifixition if there is an error in a published paper, but they just tell lie after lie after lie. They don’t care, cuz they actually don’t give a crap about science.

Subby is infamous for posting links to studies that he either hasn't read all the way through, or hopes that we won't, that support almost the exact opposite of what he claimed they support. Several of us have caught him doing that, but he has no shame or integrity. He keeps trying to get away with it. Water Dog's extreme views, I am not surprised to find him attempting the same type of thing. I find him less credible and less honest every time he posts.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

FTR, I just need to add two things to this.

XY chromosome "woman" wins Women's World Cycling Championship.

Elizabeth Warren is proven to be a Native American.

Brought to you, by the Party of Science.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

canpakes wrote:It’s a touch ironic that a poster firmly identifying as ‘on the right’ would post this, in a ‘Science and Honesty’ thread, as a defense that the overall scientific community was reaching these conclusions, as opposed to a specific group within it whose livelihood is at stake in the debate.

In my area that is the number one employer of geo-scientists and engineers. The vast majority don't get an education in climate sciences, but as RI has brought up, this is how dishonest people and groups with an anti climate science agenda work. I suspect Subby is a combination of dishonesty and stupidity.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Water Dog wrote:FTR, I just need to add two things to this.

XY chromosome "woman" wins Women's World Cycling Championship. .

And who cares? It is just a sport. Sports won't end world hunger.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Water Dog wrote:FTR, I just need to add two things to this.

XY chromosome "woman" wins Women's World Cycling Championship. .

And who cares? It is just a sport. Sports won't end world hunger.

With as much as he obsesses about these things, I’m beginning to think that Dog is an incel.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dog be trollin’ and playin’ the fool.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

canpakes wrote:With as much as he obsesses about these things, I’m beginning to think that Dog is an incel.

Nuh-uh. Water dog told us he has a totally hot, totally real and not at all made up wife who wakes him with blowjobs and finishes the day off by once again bringing him to climax. I’m talking super hot, model/actress hot. Way hotter than any of those Hollywood feminist types. Like smokin. And she loves his neck beard and is way into his Donald trump fetish and his need to blindly follow and protect all things R (what totally not fake woman wouldn’t love someone who insecurely gloats about how things “Republicans” do as “wins” as if it somehow validated his own sad life). On top of that, she definitely loves his ninja skills, Walmart gun and swapmeet Ninja weapons collections and is way into the armchair tough guy persona he spends endless hours here cultivating. He is the hero we never knew we needed, saving us from feminazis, libs and the gheys1!1!

Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

schreech wrote:
canpakes wrote:With as much as he obsesses about these things, I’m beginning to think that Dog is an incel.

Nuh-uh. Water dog told us he has a totally hot, totally real and not at all made up wife who wakes him with blowjobs and finishes the day off by once again bringing him to climax.

Yeah, I’ve seen folks on the web try to make those claims before. It’s far more likely that someone trying to tell you that is actually a guy sprawled on a greasy couch, sobbing uncontrollably as he furiously masturbates to pictures of Hillary Clinton in pantsuits while a mangy shih-tzu licks the lint off his nutsack.

Just look at the memes that these guys trot out. Nothing could advertise their sense of frustration and helplessness any better than that.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:You can’t expect subs to actually read his own links. ; )

I read it, and the point stands.

canpakes wrote:From the study -

...we reconstruct the frames of one group of experts who have not received much attention in previous research and yet play a central role in understanding industry responses – professional experts in petroleum and related industries.

It’s a touch ironic that a poster firmly identifying as ‘on the right’ would post this, in a ‘Science and Honesty’ thread, as a defense that the overall scientific community was reaching these conclusions, as opposed to a specific group within it whose livelihood is at stake in the debate.

Ironic? Only you would dismiss a cardiologist's opinion because his livelihood is at stake if you don't get heart diseases....why would anyone listen to a medical doctor when the rug doctor has a more objective and non-conflicting opinion.

Yes, ironic indeed.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Screech, brother, haven't you ever heard - don't hate the player, hate the game. FTR, my wife has an intense dislike of our God Emperor, even Donald J. Trump. I have no idea how she voted in 2016, we don't tell each other those details. And I've never asked. She is her own woman. I can confidently surmise that she absolutely didn't vote for Trump, but I do not believe she voted for Hillary, either. Could be wrong. What I can say for sure, though, is she is presently upset with democrats over the Kavanaugh business. Not because she knew a damn thing about Kavanaugh and cared about him being on the court. She is pro choice, but not a fanatic about it. But just because she vehemently disagreed with the idea that all men are guilty until proven innocent. Beyond that, no idea how she'll vote in two weeks.