Poor, Victimized Men! RIP Republican Party

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Poor, Victimized Men! RIP Republican Party

Post by _Maksutov »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Mak,

If you don't want me mirroring your statements, presuppositions, and nonsense argumentation then you're going to have to do a better job at maintaining your temper.

It's weird talking to you guys the way you talk to others, and then you're completely oblivious how the tactic is being employed. And I'm including you in this statement today, because it's happening right now.

That said I find you generally even-keeled and your centrism has been apparent over the years. This thing, though. Whew lad. You're off the reservation.

- Doc

Sorry, Doc, you can't condescend your way out of it. What you call mirroring is actually your invention. But you've shown that facts weren't important to you.

If you want to wipe your ass with the female half of humanity, then you do you.

Thanks for setting me straight on who you are. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Maksutov wrote:No, because it's a misframing of the situation. The woman claimed that he whistled and grabbed at her, not that he raped her. You don't even have your facts right. But go ahead and make up whatever you want because you're not interested in the actual history. You want to defend male assholes. What a noble cause that must be. :rolleyes:

Finally. I was hoping someone would make this connection. You're right. Emmett Till didn't rape and murder anyone. It was his father. And you also know who didn't rape anyone? That would be Judge Kavanaugh. And yet, I see that he's being called a rapist both here and across the Internet. And by extension Republicans are now pro-rape, Rapepublicans, and various other aspersions created and propagated by a frenzied Left wing smear apparatus.

- Doc

The real take-away is how Dr Ford. ever even accused Kavanaugh of rape. She indicated that she "felt" like he was going to.....yet she never said he did.

Now try to tell a Lib that this makes a difference when they have already forsaken any concept for the virtue of presumed innocence...heck these guys somehow think the accuracy of how one conveys the details for the Till accusation matters to the lesson/context of the discussion.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:the virtue of presumed innocence

The only bodies that are obliged to have a presumption of innocence are courts of law, which exercise on behalf of the state the powers of depriving a citizen of property, liberty, or life.

The rest of us have no such obligation, and we are thus free (and often even obligated) to act on a prudential and precautionary basis. If my underage daughter asks if she can go to a party at the house of a person about whom I hear plausible accounts of sexual molestation, then it will be no use for her to say 'But Daddy! Isn't he innocent until proven guilty??' She ain't going.

I am not worried if ignorant or dumb people parrot the 'principle of presumed innocence' in a case like Kavanaugh's. The poor things can't help it, since they have never been taught how to see this things clearly and logically.

But when I hear such things said by persons in high public office, I fear that they know exactly what they are doing, but realise it is a great way to get Fox News on their side. That's not good.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:...how to see this things clearly and logically.

notwithstanding the fact that the State has no obligation for the presumption of innocence ( see also "bail"), can you explain what was "clear and logical" about Ford's allegation inasmuch as that is resolved against the fact that it was offered without evidence, without corroboration, without witness, and without verifiable circumstances (eg date, time, location)?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote: can you explain what was "clear and logical" about Ford's Smith’s allegation inasmuch as that is resolved against the fact that it was offered without evidence, without corroboration, without witness, and without verifiable circumstances (eg date, time, location)?

Seems that you’ve staked your entire faith structure and 10 percent of your income on the same criteria, so it must be good enough for you already.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote: can you explain what was "clear and logical" about Ford's Smith’s allegation inasmuch as that is resolved against the fact that it was offered without evidence, without corroboration, without witness, and without verifiable circumstances (eg date, time, location)?

Seems that you’ve staked your entire faith structure and 10 percent of your income on the same criteria, so it must be good enough for you already.

I was surprised you took such obvious bait...with the hook clearly protruding...but welcome to the faith, brother.