The Lord's Jail?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

The Lord's Jail?

Post by _SuperDell »

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commenta ... ary-harsh/

Salt Lake County Jail. A lot of LDS types both in uniform and in jail jumpsuits.

Fattest in the group are the Jail staff - who get to eat the trustee prepared food. Must be nourishing as many of them are FAT. Guess it comes from eating semen, piss and poop. Trustees preparing the food put semen in gravies, salad dressings and such. Piss in the soup before it gets served to the jailers. Put poop in the darker foods, especially cakes and such.

The deputies eat like pigs - and get fat off this stuff while the inmates are treated poorly and have terrible access to medical staff. Serious problems are deferred and left untreated while the powers that be don't want to spend the money to treat them. Wait til they leave and then it doesn't cost the jail money - but often the conditions are exacerbated by the deliberate lack of treatment.

This jail is Mormonism in action.

The State Prison is even worse.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: The Lord's Jail?

Post by _Dr. Shades »

SuperDell wrote:The State Prison is even worse.

No, it isn't. Staff aren't allowed to eat the inmates' food.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Don't the Danites prison guards simply bless the food and all the bad stuff is then magically removed?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

SuperDell wrote:Trustees preparing the food put semen in gravies, salad dressings and such. Piss in the soup before it gets served to the jailers. Put poop in the darker foods, especially cakes and such.

And they’re probably not wearing the mandated hair nets and gloves while doing this, to boot.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I've heard that prison food is crappy. I thought that was just a metaphor.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:I've heard that prison food is ____. I thought that was just a metaphor.

Keep in mind, the inmates have to eat the food, too. They know that they themselves will consume any bodily fluids therein. So the likelihood of sabotage is lower than you think, 'cause if a fellow-inmate catches them they will be beaten to a bloody pulp.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:Keep in mind, the inmates have to eat the food, too. They know that they themselves will consume any bodily fluids therein. So the likelihood of sabotage is lower than you think, 'cause if a fellow-inmate catches them they will be beaten to a bloody pulp.

If I told you that the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side, you'd tell me that chickens aren't really as concerned with roads and crosswalks as I might think, wouldn't you?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:If I told you that the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side, you'd tell me that chickens aren't really as concerned with roads and crosswalks as I might think, wouldn't you?

??? I don't think I get it. Is this your way of chiding me for ruining the fun with facts?

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:If I told you that the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side, you'd tell me that chickens aren't really as concerned with roads and crosswalks as I might think, wouldn't you?

??? I don't think I get it. Is this your way of chiding me for ruining the fun with facts?

No, it's just me giving you a gentle ribbing for responding seriously to my lame joke.