Capitalist Pigs

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Capitalist Pigs

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
EAllusion wrote:Subs argument is that the Obama's are radical Marxists who do not believe in capitalism or personal enrichment and also believe everything should be affordable, so they are hypocrites for making money off a speaking tour or having expensive seats. This relies on implicitly understanding an egregiously false premise he takes for granted, so naturally the response from everyone else is, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Yet another fantasy argument created in our nutjob poster's mind, that wasn't indicated by the opening post, but argued against anyway. ____ Christ this smarmy ____...

- Doc

You're a pretty awful person Doc. Like, seriously.

Anyway, we can all agree now that the most reasonable interpretation of Subs opening post was a criticism of the Obamas based on a intellectually consistent opposition to capitalist profiteering as Marxists typically understand it. He wasn't mocking the Obamas for being hypocrites implied by his previous history of describing them in Marxist terms. No, he himself has recently become influenced by that thinking. I'm sure this will show up in future posts.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:You're a pretty awful person Doc. Like, seriously.

Believe you me, having you, of all people, pass judgement on me is a point of pride. You're hands down one of the bigger pieces of crap I've seen post, but I do give you credit that you're pretty slick about your crap baggery.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:Subs argument is that the Obama's are radical Marxists who do not believe in capitalism or personal enrichment and also believe everything should be affordable, so they are hypocrites for making money off a speaking tour or having expensive seats. This relies on implicitly understanding an egregiously false premise he takes for granted, so naturally the response from everyone else is, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Where did i make that argument you moron?
Pretty sure i literally called them capitalist pigs.

This clever insult to Michelle was hard to miss. Hairfire has a notebook full of clever insults collected in Junior High which he accesses daily. Capitalist pig is one of the more clever. Now EAllusion made a somewhat speculative interpretation following a possible line of reason implied by the post. A bit gracious of him I thought when a reasonless pile of pig offal was the more likely reading
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

huckelberry wrote:...a somewhat speculative interpretation following a possible line of reason implied by the post.....

let's assume this is a sensible coherent sentence, and that you can explain how the possible was implied?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

subgenius wrote:
huckelberry wrote:...a somewhat speculative interpretation following a possible line of reason implied by the post.....

let's assume this is a sensible coherent sentence, and that you can explain how the possible was implied?

This can't be a real human response...

An actual thought criticized with a grammar/syntax/basic English impaired reply criticizing sentence structure?
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

subgenius wrote:

I do not know why I would wish to attempt that. I thought your opening post was a juvenile insult to Michelle and nothing more.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

huckelberry wrote:I do not know why I would wish to attempt that. I thought your opening post was a juvenile insult to Michelle and nothing more.

well, facts be damned....hit dog hollers.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent