So anonymous sources don't count?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

So anonymous sources don't count?

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Just got back from vacation with the fam and the news is talking about Rosenstein's alleged idea about recording Trump. He flat out denies it, but Bill Shine at Fox News is using this to garner more public support to encourage Trump to fire Rosenstein.

All of this based on an anonymous source who said he/she saw something like this from the McCabe memos.

It seemed like yesterday when Trump and the Right Wing propaganda machine was mocking anonymous sources saying they're worthless and basically fake news.

But when the NYT reports on something from an anonymous source like this, suddenly it is to be taken for granted and used to fire him.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: So anonymous sources don't count?

Post by _subgenius »

And your position on anonymous sources?

(spoiler alert: KG supports anonymous sources are good only inasmuch as they support the Maddow echo chamber and tabloid-esque anti-Trump books).
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:And your position on anonymous sources?

(spoiler alert: KG supports anonymous sources are good only inasmuch as they support the Maddow echo chamber and tabloid-esque anti-Trump books).

My anonymous source states that your claim is incorrect.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

And subby supports only sources, anonymous or not, credible or not (no matter how discreditable), that happen to support his own often demonstrated dishonest and highly bigoted, anti-liberal views, while rejecting out of hand any amount of evidence, no matter how well documented and credible that casts legitimate doubt on them.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:

My anonymous source states that your claim is incorrect.

This just in:
An anonymous source reveals that "canpakes's anonymous sources are neither anonymous or sources".
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:My anonymous source states that your claim is incorrect.

This just in:
An anonymous source reveals that "canpakes's anonymous sources are neither anonymous or sources".

My other anonymous source has just confirmed that your anonymous source's information on anonymity and source are incorrect.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:My other anonymous source has just confirmed that your anonymous source's information on anonymity and source are incorrect.

_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Image

Which leads to your dilemma of wondering if you could become an even better manager by firing yourself. ; )