Sexism at the US Open

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Sexism at the US Open

Post by _ajax18 »

This episode is the worst exhibition of white tears.

This is what angered me about it as well. I never liked the USTA. They've failed miserably at producing American tennis professionals. I didn't care much one way or another when they took over the adult flex league scene. I do now. I plan to actively campaign against it.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hey, on the upside I just read Ms. Osaka will be inking a deal with Adidas for $10M/year. Not bad! I hope to see her win a few more majors during her career.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Hey, on the upside I just read Ms. Osaka will be inking a deal with Adidas for $10M/year. Not bad! I hope to see her win a few more majors during her career.

- Doc

I think we will see this. I've never seen anyone match Serena's pace like that. I thought Svetastova would cause Serena more trouble by junk balling and lobbing her the way Vinci did but Serena never missed an overhead that match.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

ajax18 wrote:Serena tried to make the last female ump eat the ball when she called her for a foot fault in her 2009 loss to Kim Clijsters. According to EAllusion women can be sexist against women as well so that wouldn't fix it, especially since the real reason behind all of this is that Serena is just a poor sport when she is getting beaten. If it weren't sexism, she'd have found another excuse.

Are you really so dumb that you do not understand that women can be sexist against women? There is ample evidence, especially in conservative religions like Mormonism. That said I think Serena is making excuses for her bad behavior. She has been playing in a sport in which she knows how it works for a long time, and the match not going her way seems more likely why she started acting poorly. She is such a great tennis player she doesn't get a lot of matches where the opponent is outplaying her. She may have more of an argument that the ump has something against her personally and made calls he wouldn't have with other players, but in the end it is not wise to do things you might not get away with.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

he has been playing in a sport in which she knows how it works for a long time, and the match not going her way seems more likely why she started acting poorly. She is such a great tennis player she doesn't get a lot of matches where the opponent is outplaying her. She may have more of an argument that the ump has something against her personally and made calls he wouldn't have with other players, but in the end it is not wise to do things you might not get away with.

But you're perfectly fine for her screaming "sexism in tennis," as a valid response to getting outplayed on the court? What makes me the most angry is not her saying it because I know who she is but rather the WTA and USTA pandering to her false accusations. I gave those people money for years. Never again.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

ajax18 wrote:But you're perfectly fine for her screaming "sexism in tennis," as a valid response to getting outplayed on the court?

How do you get the opposite of what I just said? While I agree there is sexism in tennis just as there is in most areas of society today, I think she was using that as an excuse for getting outplayed and getting upset resulting in her losing control.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

How do you get the opposite of what I just said? While I agree there is sexism in tennis just as there is in most areas of society today, I think she was using that as an excuse for getting outplayed and getting upset resulting in her losing control.

I would agree with that then.