EPA brings back Mesotheilioma

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: EPA brings back Mesotheilioma

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Quasimodo wrote:It takes me back to those wonderful, childhood days when the happy glint of asbestos particles in the sunlight could be seen drifting down from popcorn ceilings into my cereal bowl. Yum!

Making America great again, one memory at a time.

Trump needs to be smacked in the head with a box of asbestos floor tiles. I have a family member who has abestos scarring on the lungs--abestosis. This stuff's nothing to mess around with.

Bring back the 60's and let the good times roll, right?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Here's the Snopes fact check on this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-ep ... -products/

It's worth the read because the issue is a bit nuanced.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Doc, taking a page out your book "Being Cynical for Dummies"

We should just allow asbestos pillows and blankets, especially for bum town... and tax the hell out of it like we do cigarettes? Then the 15000 that die a year from asbestos, can catch up with the 480,000 who die each year by smoking, and the 41,000 that die each year from second hand smoke, and we can give Washington a raise with the revenues, and dwindle the population of bum town at the same time.

[edit] maybe it was 'bumplex?
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Here's the Snopes fact check on this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-ep ... -products/

It's worth the read because the issue is a bit nuanced.

- Doc

I don't know, Doc. I'm just not seeing the nuance. Instead, it just looks like a straightforward, blatant, big fat "Screw you" in the face of Americans. Excepting the handful of businessmen who can fatten their bank account with asbestos sales, of course.

I suppose that it's fitting that a President so hell-bent on littering the landscape with cancerous rhetoric would also seek to back that up with actual cancer. What a legacy this guy's gonna leave.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Making America Asbestos Again (MAAA) will leave a definite Republican mark on America, just like Neil Gorsuch.

Beer drinkers in the West will be happy to know that with the availability of Russian asbestos, Coors Beer will be able to change their filters more often and at a cheaper price. This might even result in discounted prices at Oktoberfest and that smooth Coors taste you've come to expect.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

moksha wrote:Making America Asbestos Again (MAAA) will leave a definite Republican mark on America, just like Neil Gorsuch.

Beer drinkers in the West will be happy to know that with the availability of Russian asbestos, Coors Beer will be able to change their filters more often and at a cheaper price. This might even result in discounted prices at Oktoberfest and that smooth Coors taste you've come to expect.
Unfortunately the cost increase per can due to aluminum tariffs offsets any savings on filters...
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens