and here you go..

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

and here you go..

Post by _subgenius »

Therapists say there's been a rise in anxiety stemming from the country's politics, and it is being called "Trump Anxiety Disorder."

A report from CBC News in Canada says that since President Trump was elected, mental health professionals in the United States have seen an increase in patients whose stress has come from politics.

A prevalent "symptom" of the "disorder" is feeling as though the world is going to end.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-anxi ... -1.4762487
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only the left would create yet another "disorder" to justify their inability to adult. Why does that demographic consistently exhibit such inclinations toward "I suffer from <insert excuse here>.."?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: and here you go..

Post by _canpakes »

So you have some stressed out lefties. Meanwhile, areas showing heavy support for Trump are full of folks sitting on their arse sucking down opioids and draining your tax dollars because of their snowflake-soaked distress over Hillary’s emails, or whatever made-up non-issue they’re bitching about this week.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-v ... hs-2016-11

Yep, I know which voting block seems to have the bigger set of issues.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:So you have some stressed out lefties. Meanwhile, areas showing heavy support for Trump are full of folks sitting on their arse sucking down opioids and draining your tax dollars because of their snowflake-soaked distress over Hillary’s emails, or whatever made-up non-issue they’re bitching about this week.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-v ... hs-2016-11

Yep, I know which voting block seems to have the bigger set of issues.

You should keep up with facts, maybe just as a hobby at first?
This report attempts to answer those questions by comparing the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 20 key metrics, ranging from arrest and overdose rates to opioid prescriptions and meth-lab incidents per capita.

in per capita spending terms, “the top five places residents shouldering the biggest burden are, in order, West Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Ohio, and Connecticut.”
https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2018/02/ ... e-numbers/

Top US States that Have Reduced Overdoses in 2017 from 2016:
Alaska
California
Hawaii
Mississippi
Nebraska
Oregon
Rhode Island
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

Top US States that Have had an Increase in Overdoses in 2017 from 2016:
Delaware 44% increase
Washington DC 78% increase
Maryland 43% increase
New Jersey 31% increase
Ohio 41% increase
Pennsylvania 44% increase

The highest overdose death rates from prescription opioids were in West Virginia, Maryland, Maine, and Utah.

The most common drugs involved in prescription opioid overdose deaths include:
Methadone
Oxycodone (such as OxyContin®)
Hydrocodone (such as Vicodin®)

fun fact: "Blue" States tend to have more generous policies with prescribing/distributing Methadone.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Another failed diversion.

You’ve resorted to increasing your geographical sample area sizes just to end up doing no better than splitting it by state. The calculation for measure of opioid use in the resource I’ve given is more specific to local politics and samples smaller geographical areas.

Basically, you’ve just violated your own rule about ‘sweeping generalizations’. I figured that it would take at least a few days for you to do that, but it looks like you can’t go much longer than 24 hours with that sort of thing. ; )

_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Another failed diversion.

You’ve resorted to increasing your geographical sample area sizes just to end up doing no better than splitting it by state. The calculation for measure of opioid use in the resource I’ve given is more specific to local politics and samples smaller geographical areas.

Basically, you’ve just violated your own rule about ‘sweeping generalizations’. I figured that it would take at least a few days for you to do that, but it looks like you can’t go much longer than 24 hours with that sort of thing. ; )

and what "sweeping generalization" did I make?
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Using the deeply tragic and pain filled challenges/realities of mental health, anxiety disorders and opioid addictions for political purposes.

Unbelievable!
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Ceeboo wrote:Using the deeply tragic and pain filled challenges/realities of mental health, anxiety disorders and opioid addictions for political purposes.

Unbelievable!

And the thread was not started by a leftist. ; )