Anybody can act "Presidential," what I do is hard. - DJT

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Anybody can act "Presidential," what I do is hard. - DJT

Post by _Gunnar »

Nothing about Trump is more obvious to me than the fact that he is both the most openly corrupt president and the most spectacularly successful con artist in history. This only becomes more and more obvious with every passing month that he is in office. The inability and/or unwillingness of his loyal base to see the mounting evidence of that will never cease to astound me! The bigotry and hatred that abounds in so much of what he tweets and openly says out loud is so obvious that it is becoming harder and harder to avoid concluding that a sizeable proportion of his base shares his over-the-top bigotry and hatred.

Why are so few of his base undisturbed by Trump's apparent "bromance" and open admiration for a despot like Putin? Why is this not seen as a red flag indicating probable undue and unsavory influence of Putin over Trump?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:Why are so few of his base undisturbed by Trump's apparent "bromance" and open admiration a despot like Putin? Why is this not seen as a red flag indicating probable undue and unsavory influence of Putin over Trump?

It speaks to humanity's proclivity for religion and myth. People are so easily fooled if they think they'll get something important out of it. It's often people looking for a shortcut in life.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

It is perfectly reasonable to expect ID for voting. But not at the last minute, or when there are only one or two places in the whole state where you can get them, or PAYING for them. I think the biggest problem people have with this, is that it has been purposefully hard for some to acquire these ID's for voting. But...

How long has it been now, that people have known about these potential laws being put in place though? Many years now. So if people really want something, they will find a way to do it. People should get those ID's and if they really want to, they will find a way. I sure see people that want to drink getting ID's to do that, or to drive a car, etc.

I see people like that billionaire spending millions on commercials about impeaching Trump, how about coughing up some money to get poor people voting ID's? I think the Dems should just get on board and get as many people the ID's they need, then this is a freaking non issue. The Government gives everyone Social Security cards, they should give everyone a voter ID card along with it.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.