Scottish hospitality

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Scottish hospitality

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:I have strong personal connections with Scotland, and they are a people whose very abuse is often elegantly creative - as shown in the examples cited.

Close enough to know if Uber is operating there?

But the largest demonstration was in London, where even The Scotsman newspaper put the numbers at a quarter of a million.

If I recall correctly one of the slogans there, in a feminist section of the march, was 'My Mum doesn't like you, and she likes everybody'.

I know that the largest demonstration was in London. I chose to highlight Glasgow because that's where my roots are.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

subgenius wrote:Nothing of value.
Chinese Proverb
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Chap wrote:I have strong personal connections with Scotland, and they are a people whose very abuse is often elegantly creative - as shown in the examples cited.

Close enough to know if Uber is operating there?

Yup. But in my view you would get a better service, more knowledgable drivers and be safer if you use a local firm whose profits go back into the local economy. I really like one firm, Glasgow Taxis, whose app can be downloaded here:

https://www.glasgowtaxis.co.uk

They arrive quickly, and really know how to get you around in the city at any time of day.

Jersey Girl wrote:
But the largest demonstration was in London, where even The Scotsman newspaper put the numbers at a quarter of a million.

If I recall correctly one of the slogans there, in a feminist section of the march, was 'My Mum doesn't like you, and she likes everybody'.

I know that the largest demonstration was in London. I chose to highlight Glasgow because that's where my roots are and I have relatives there.

Oh, it's a nice place certainly. But I just wanted to reference the huge London turn-out.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Yup. But in my view you would get a better service, more knowledgable drivers and be safer if you use a local firm whose profits go back into the local economy. I really like one firm, Glasgow Taxis, whose app can be downloaded here:

https://www.glasgowtaxis.co.uk

I do have that on my list.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I can't get an estimated fare from that website like I did others. :eek: I'll poke around some more and see what I can come up with.
Chinese Proverb