Fear of Friday 13th

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Fear of Friday 13th

Post by _Maksutov »

Anyone terrified? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Fear of Friday 13th

Post by _Some Schmo »

Give me a second. I have to get my black cat out of the room before I can reply...

Is it your leftist agenda to mock my legitimate fears of this very dangerous day?

You will be smited... smitified... smitten... smitten? for your heresy.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

So smote him be!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

This is really serious stuff. I'll tell you why.

I was remodeling my house, and a ladder was propped up against the wall in front of a mirror. My black cat darted underneath the ladder, and fearing she'd step in the paint tray, I tried to grab her. I banged the wall and cracked the mirror.

She's hard to catch. I did it the first time I tried, but that must have been beginner's luck. Now I can't grab her when she crosses my path.

I'm not sure where she went because I became distracted by a crack I'd stepped on in the hardwood floor. I could see my old rabbit's foot had gotten stuck in it. At least I hadn't completely tripped. I knocked on the wood to see if I could loosen it but it was useless.

I noticed an old umbrella in the corner, open and tossed aside. I thought I could use it to pry at the crack. I crossed my fingers and gave it a try.

I snapped the end of the umbrella off doing it, and figured that had to be the last bad thing to happen, since it was the third.

I was wrong. Satan walked in and told me my remodeling sucked. He burnt a 666 into the floor inside a huge pentagram, and I've been a little shaky on Friday the 13th ever since.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Maksutov wrote:Anyone terrified? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. I'm happy as heck I'm not in the UK right now.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Statistically it is safer to drive on Friday the 13.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Statistically it is safer to drive on Friday the 13.
Than? Friday the 12? Sunday the 8th? Most of the data I've ever seen on car crashes indicate that the weekend is the highest incidents of wrecks but Friday is pretty high up there too. A super fast Google search suggests that Friday the 13th is pretty high up there in possible combinations of dates/days (not surprising giving Friday being a generally high accident day).

Image Source: https://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/ ... y-driving/
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Xenophon wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:Statistically it is safer to drive on Friday the 13.
Than? Friday the 12? Sunday the 8th? Most of the data I've ever seen on car crashes indicate that the weekend is the highest incidents of wrecks but Friday is pretty high up there too. A super fast Google search suggests that Friday the 13th is pretty high up there in possible combinations of dates/days (not surprising giving Friday being a generally high accident day).

But compared to other Fridays a study found

A study published on Thursday by the Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics (CVS) showed that fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-luck ... 8420080612