Kavanaugh Selected. What is your opposition?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Kavanaugh Selected. What is your opposition?

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:You act as if 12 months ago there was a video broadcast on CNN of Trump shooting a baby along with a copy of his diary entry entitled "I shot a baby today" - but here we are 12 months later...

Would Kavanaugh's judicial viewpoint allow for an exclusion of that diary entry, about shooting the baby, from consideration?

I imagine Kavanaugh was selected because he could be counted for delivering pro-conservative votes and arguments.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

moksha wrote:Would Kavanaugh's judicial viewpoint allow for an exclusion of that diary entry, about shooting the baby, from consideration?

As asinine as his comment was, I'm not sure he'd support impeachment even if Trump did in fact kill a baby. There seems to be absolutely nothing this guy can do to earn his disapproval. Identity politics at work.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:Can you explain under what scenario that "this" would go to Supreme Court?

If Mueller decides to subpoena and/or indict Trump, this would most certainly head to the Supreme Court when Trump undoubtedly refuses to be indicted. As EA explained, "Supreme Court may have to answer the question of the legality of criminal indictment of Trump at some point." Yeah, no kidding.

You repeating the claim is not an actual "explanation".
See, you wrote: "The point being that if Mueller were to pursue indictment then this thing would to to the Supreme Court."
and then i asked : "Can you explain under what scenario that "this" would go to Supreme Court?"
then you wrote repeated: "If Mueller decides to subpoena and/or indict Trump"...with the redundancy of "when Trump undoubtedly refuses to be indicted" (because yeah, we all noticed the context)....and quoting EA's "legality of criminal indictment of Trump at some point" also does not suffice, because you have yet to explain "at what point"? you have yet to offer the explanation that merits the belief that "at some point" falls on some realistic line.

Trump's refusal to be indicted does not = automatically go straight to the Supreme Court.

So, again - please explain your statement of fear here.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent