Swamp Watch News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Swamp Watch News

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl,

Yeah, it’s still SOP to destroy anything you don’t want used in theater if you’re either losing your position or can’t remove equipment because of whatever factor.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Jersey Girl,

Yeah, it’s still SOP to destroy anything you don’t want used in theater if you’re either losing your position or can’t remove equipment because of whatever factor.

- Doc

Yeah, I figured it was. Thanks.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

canpakes wrote:Hooray! More conflicts of interest, and enrichment of the President’s family off the backs of taxpayers! w00t!

President Trump has awarded the 2020 Group of Seven summit of world leaders to his private company, scheduling the summit for June at his Trump Doral golf resort outside Miami, the White House announced Thursday.

That decision is without precedent in modern American history: The president used his public office to direct a massive contract to himself. The G-7 summit draws hundreds of diplomats, journalists and security personnel and provides a worldwide spotlight.

The announcement that the president’s club would host the international summit comes as Trump is in the midst of twin crises that are consuming his presidency — a hasty and confused American retreat in Syria and a growing impeachment inquiry in Congress.

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, who announced the decision, said the administration was not worried about the appearance of a conflict of interest, while he touted what the president’s resort has to offer.
They’re just taunting people to do something about it. Full on crime spree.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

EAllusion wrote:They’re just taunting people to do something about it. Full on crime spree.

What have they got to lose at this point? It's not like the gun is going to get any smokier.

Trump is an abusive husband, flagrantly daring his victim to stand up to him. He's also a rabid dog that needs to be put down.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:
EAllusion wrote:They’re just taunting people to do something about it. Full on crime spree.

What have they got to lose at this point? It's not like the gun is going to get any smokier.

Trump is an abusive husband, flagrantly daring his victim to stand up to him. He's also a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

Now that Mulvaney has admitted the Trump crime, what is left is testing Trump's assertion that he can commit a crime and his supporters in Congress will not care.

Sometime between now and then, wonder if Trump will deed Alaska to Russia.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Remember when Sarah Palin said this about Obummer?

“People are looking at Putin as one who wrestles bears and drills for oil. They look at our president as one who wears mom jeans and equivocates and bloviates.” — former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Fox News Monday night.

Boy, that didn't age well. You know. Considering.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

President Trump has awarded the 2020 Group of Seven summit of world leaders to his private company, scheduling the summit for June at his Trump Doral golf resort outside Miami, the White House announced Thursday.

And...that's where the Trumpsman video was shown.

Can they refuse the invitation?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:

moksha wrote:Now that Mulvaney has admitted the Trump crime, what is left is testing Trump's assertion that he can commit a crime and his supporters in Congress will not care.

Sometime between now and then, wonder if Trump will deed Alaska to Russia.

It is both incredible and appalling how brazen they have become! Now their main tactic increasingly seems to be to commit the most brazenly self serving acts, however illegal, openly, in the full light of day, and then dare anyone to do anything about it, confident in the anticipation that their sycophantic ignorant base will still blindly support them, no matter what! It makes me wonder what percentage of their avid supporters are really aspiring criminals themselves, hoping to eventually get away with shady or lawless behavior as easily as they think the Trump administration is.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

moksha wrote:Sometime between now and then, wonder if Trump will deed Alaska to Russia.

Then Sarah Palin will indeed be able to see Russia from her house. And knowing the way the GOP argues, they'll pretend she could see it all along, because who cares about chronology?

Trump really shouldn't be a surprise because we saw how popular an idiot like Palin could be with the GOP. I suppose I took comfort in the fact McCain lost.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:.. because who cares about chronology?

Im guessing Obama does since he got that phone call from the 80s.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent